Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: I don't care about PvP.

I don't care about PvP.

Thought Funcom ought to know that.

I would say that most of the players do care about pvp(imo), there aren't many events anymore, and all the new content is bassed on pvp... Missions suck, I don't pay to mission, i pay to kick the crap out of people, and have a unique social experience...

just thought somone may want to know

hehe

~sky
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1
    Advisor Midnight Reveries.

Do politics exist? Yes.
    Who's involved in them? Anyone who wants to be.

If you spend your time worrying about what everyone else is doing in their lives, you'll miss what's happening in yours.

Re: I don't care about PvP.

Originally posted by Sergo_C
    Thought Funcom ought to know that.

So you wont care if I whoop up on you in a PvP zone if I see you there then?
    Last edited by Turin; Dec 5th, 2002 at 00:57:41.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Not into PvP either, they should stick it in certain zones and keep it there, not everywhere as they are doing now.

Re: Re: I don't care about PvP.

Originally posted by Turin

So you wont care if I whoop up on you in a PvP zone if I see you there then?
    So, you'd kill a fellow Clanner just because he doesn't agree with you?

It's attitudes like this that turn off non PvPers in my opinion. And yes, I do like to PvP.

Mayhaps Turin, you should be more constructive, rather than hostile. It'd do all of us that like to PvP a whole hell of a lot more good.

Thumbs up Ditto

I really don't care abotu PVP. It could be eliminted from the game and I'd be just as happy.

I care about PvP, but I consider it minor part of the game and I'm irritated by nerfs that effect PvE just to try to balance out PvP. The road to an unenjoyable game is paved with changes made to balance PvP.

Thumbs down You go Sergo_C

I don't care for PvP either

Could careless about PvP. This account will close shortly and will not be renewed thanks to the continous nerf cycle related to FC's PvP push. Good luck everybody.

I am a lvl 87 engi..

never tried to pvp, should I ?

Talking

Not untill you're level 200 and can gank a level 75 crat who is down to half his or her HP .... Oh wait, that's right, they raised the free for all level to 150....Nah, don't bother engies are the prime source for titles. If you want to be good at PvP you should make a trader twink.
    And to stay on topic: I don't like PvP either.
    "Omni-Tek protects"?
    So does Durex, so what?"

-Caloss2

Nerfs related to PvP balance is why I'm no longer playing, why I handed leadership over of my guild and why I went from buying 2 copies of the booster pack to 0 and no renewing accounts.

For what ever reason Funcom has got it in thier heads that PvP is the way to sell more copies and as long as that is the thought proccess I choose not to pay them.

AO was alot of fun from Patches 13.2 to 14.0, after that each patch took more and more fun out of the game all in the name of PvP balance something I never really cared to do.

MrBoh
    MrBoh - Level 162 Trader

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

-- One of the laws of computers and programming revealed. - Douglas Adams

Well....

As I posted on the VN boards, there are people that like PvP, and there are people that dislike PvP.

This game, by mechanics, has consentual, and non-consentual PvP included in it.

I think that we all are entiltled to our opinions, of course, and should respect the other sides opinion as well, to make this all a constructive thread. And it is turning out to be that way, very constructive.

To make changes to PvE, for the sake of PvP, is totally wrong. I understand the difficulties that FC is facing. I have yet to play a MMORPG that "could" balance PvP. It's a tough task to do, the balancing act that is...

I say good luck to FC, and I certainly hope that they (Funcom) can achieve what has yet to be achieveable. But coming from one that enjoys PvP, my request to FC is to NOT nerf any class, only because of PvP. It's not fair to those classes, not in the least...

Gamavir
    The Walkers

Originally posted by SilverSmoke
    I am a lvl 87 engi..

never tried to pvp, should I ?
    Haha, no, you probably shouldn't (although with the new engi defensive buffs you might last a little longer) If you do try, don't get discouraged. Keep at it, try new strategies against various professions and practice practice practice.

Originally posted by Ensign M
    And to stay on topic: I don't like PvP either.
    *disclaimer: this is not a flame*

Just out of curiosity, have most of you saying you don't like PvP ever actually tried it out and gave it a real shot? By that I don't mean fighting 2 or 3 people, but really spending time at it? I think of it as a puzzle. You get to figure out what works and what doesn't against various professions. Its very rewarding to win friendly duels when there is no hostility between the two combatants, and its always nice to chat with them afterwards and come up with better ideas for fighting specific classes, etc.

For me, it adds a whole new aspect to the game other than missions and constant levelling.

I never thought I would get into PvP when I was level 70. I thought it would be stupid. When I started PvP'ing around lvl 130+, I got totally addicted

Most of the people who say they don't like PvP are the ones who haven't really expericed mass PvP or Camelot.

I'd assume that most of them have only witnessed the newbie-twink-duel-pissing contests in Tir or Ent. Or the ones who didn't pay attention to suppression gas and got ganked flying into 2ho or MMD grid.

I wouldn't say I'm a PvP 'addict' but it's certainly one of the most fun aspects of AO once you get over level 150.

Cool

Well, I am one who isn't interested in PvP in an MMORPG. Primarily because PvP cannot be balanced in an RPG game which I stated my proof of in other posts, so I won't bore you here. I play PvP in BF1942, AAO, Q3A, UT2K3, RtCW and Tribes 2. Those games achieve appropriate balance, and good team tactical opportunities.

I play an RPG for the social aspects and the diverse things you can do to explore and try out alternate class/professions. If they dropped PvP from AO I wouldn't notice it in the least. Oh, except I wouldn't get ganked by some guy 15 levels higher than me who decides to kill me while I am running by in my car and cannot defend myself.

Of course, I wouldn't really miss that aspect of PvP either

I dont care about PvP either

Just thought you should know

And here we have reason number 2 for me leaving..

"I wouldn't say I'm a PvP 'addict' but it's certainly one of the most fun aspects of AO once you get over level 150."

I do not have the time to spend on this game to work my way to 150 so that I can enjoy what all the nerfs are being done to make the game balanced.

I just came to the realization once I saw all the changes that Funcom wanted a dedication of time from me that I was not willing to put into the game anymore.

So since I didn't get my xps while the getting was good, I'm gonna have to spend more time in game to get to the level PvP becomes fun.

It's a shame really, as I really liked AO, but the direction they are taking is not to my enjoyment and it's not because of the low level twinky PvP. If I want to pvp I'll play Quake.

MrBoh
    MrBoh - Level 162 Trader

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

-- One of the laws of computers and programming revealed. - Douglas Adams

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast