Thread: Toolbelt

Toolbelt

With the introduction of the root/snare reducing items and the new health/nano items I suddenly find that my inventory is even more crowded than it was before. Rather than requesting an increase to the size of my inventory (although that'd work too), I offer the suggestion of a tool belt. Make it 10 slots like the toolbar, only it actually holds the items, not just a reference. I don't believe the ctrl+0-9 hot keys are used for anything yet, so use those for the new tool belt. Let us put stims, rechargers, lockpicks and anything else 'toolish' in it and free up some space in our inventories for, well... inventory!
    DrDaer: Doctor for Hire, Daerdevil: Speed Addict,
    RevDaer: Prophet for Profit, MaestroDaer: Salesman of DOOM (tm)
    ... all part of the collective conciousness know as Daerkannon
    Squad Commander of the Rogue's Gallery

ctrl+0-9 is quick access to your hud windows on the right hand side of your screen.
    ~I am the Virtual Virus

Ah nuts.. you're right. I really shouldn't post right after coming home from work. Anyway, I'd still like another way to organize my stims/kits/lockpicks. Maybe change the camera stuff on the keyboard to use shift and/or ctrl and let the normal keys be the toolbelt?
    DrDaer: Doctor for Hire, Daerdevil: Speed Addict,
    RevDaer: Prophet for Profit, MaestroDaer: Salesman of DOOM (tm)
    ... all part of the collective conciousness know as Daerkannon
    Squad Commander of the Rogue's Gallery

It'd be nice if you could still quickbar items placed into a pack. So you could actually throw all the medical related items into a medical related backpack and still use them.

I like this packpack idea. Not only could you get all these new items into your inventory, but you'd be able to organize it as well. It be pretty cool. Meds in one pack, ammo in another, special attacks and items (e.g. lockpick, bomb defuser,etc) in yet a third. All you'd need then is to be able to label the damn things