Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Missing Omni-Tek on RK2

Re: sad...

Originally posted by Manitu
    i too was waiting for that base to go 25%...AGAIN. as the rest of the online Project Starlight crew was, and again they rebuild.
    What kind of lameass tactic is that, and seeing it performed by 2 guildleaders (Marlark of Velvet and Jadoo of Silence Broken ) fills my hart with sadness, aint u supposed to set an example for ur subjects?
    this is greifing...nothing more, nothing less.
    so check urself before moaning about little resistance thruout the planet....Punkz!!
    marlark wasn't there
    Johnathgalt Rimor Clanner

wtb crusader chant

Succeeding at my job is like winning a pie eating contest where the prize is more pie.

Eh.. yes he was, i was there 2
    PREDICAMENT|220:26| SENZOR|220:17| TWERRAX|218:11|

i must be extremely confused because i was there and i swear it was just me and jadoo

wtb crusader chant

Succeeding at my job is like winning a pie eating contest where the prize is more pie.

Today or last night? they did it today aswell...

Originally posted by Predicament
    Today or last night? they did it today aswell...
    LoL....
    Originally posted by Knasbollen

m000

oh we are talking about different times (my bad); now that Velvet is in possession of the base they will rebuild and fortify and it will be open for all our PvP pleasure.

we just needed to get Marlark online so that he could set a controller for velvet; which i would think all could see as understandable since the base was ninja'd from velvet twice in the last week

wtb crusader chant

Predicament,
    I know I am one of those tells you made asking me to support that raid and I responded I would not participate in any raids until Omni bothers to meet and organize some form of defending our bases in response to counter attacks. It is all fine and good making a call to "wipe out a clan base" but sorry when we have no organized alliances between omni and clan does it is suicide to attack them. We simply lose more. I am so bored I would gladly join in even a losing battle but atm LH has lost alot of active members and those we have gained and kept understandably want somewhere to place towers. I am tired, I have put almost all of my time in game into NW, I am no strong leader, I do not mobilize troops or lead them in battle. Sorry it isn't something I enjoy or am good at. I can however see clearly that Omni needs to unite and plan strategic defense of the bases we hold and plan for taking some we have lost. No I do not want to just sit idle on my base, clan holds land that imo we have a reason to fight for. But obviously noone wants us to unite, meetings are time consuming and boring, but so is losing battle after battle. I am totally uneffective in getting people together, I admit it, I have tried but when I feel little interest in it it's hard for me as a fairly low profile player to bother. I have rarely ever been so vocal before NW, almost never posted on boards. I have put my own distastes aside in an attempt to be able to log in and just play with some form of organized Omni alliance.

I apologize for not supporting the action. I would like to, believe me. I would accept the risks involved in joining in attacks if I saw that it would be backed by an organized force who will follow up by effectively working as one force defending each other.

Show me that is in place and you have my full support as always

Hehe yes it is..

And for 30 sec ago, they just did it again.

Marlark and Jadoo (velvet & silence broken) just switched the controller up for a new one. I was there with em watching the entire ****.

OMG Clannies, and you complain bout no resistance?

**** you are so disgusting.

Howdy m8, basically as i understand it velvet wanted to get the towers on a suitable clock that would work for them (for a ticker thats appropriate for there guild). IA originally put up a controller, but the president of IA is in a time zone that wouldn't of allowed him to terminate the tower at the appropriate time. We ain't in the habit of using supression zone times to our advantage (in regard to keeping it at a 100% suppression 24-7), for a start it helps no one, having a piece of land for the sake of screwing omni over isn't my style (terminating the tower in the time we had the land didn't even give us the chance to use the guild advantage points we would of got from it, nor would we have.)

As for when IA terminated the controller the area went into a state of war, yourself, drgoldmoon, and several others were there in the hope of getting the area. We got lucky we got the base, just as you could of got the area (or the other omni there).

Silence broken, Velvet or IA, ain't interested in using expliots regarding the supression zones to our advantage, apologies if it appeared that way.

Jadoo.
    Last edited by Jadoo; Jan 17th, 2003 at 17:33:15.

Well you can call this what ever you like, or do it for what ever reason you might have. I have no idea what happened to this land before we where told that it was empty and able to build on. Actually I dont care much if the land was ninjaed (how can u ninja land btw?) or whatever, but I dont blame you for using this stoopid method of replacing towers as it is possible.

It just proves that FC has made another pice of half-hearted code. This shouldnt actually be possible, and is a subject that breaks gameplay entirely, wich is kinda all the problems AO has these days; so close to be a more or less perfect game, but small, vital errors/issues breaking it all apart. So close but yet so far.

Well Velvet needed a hand setting up their towers, nothing wrong in doing that. FC allowing to set up the towers in a way that is appropriate for your own guild is a good thing in my opinion, otherwise we would then have people complaining about being in bed or at work while their base was under attack, whats the fun in that?

What really sucks is when a guild terminates a base to have someone else on the same side put up a tower in the middle of a fight because it looks like they are about to lose.

Originally posted by Jadoo
    Well Velvet needed a hand setting up their towers, nothing wrong in doing that. FC allowing to set up the towers in a way that is appropriate for your own guild is a good thing in my opinion, otherwise we would then have people complaining about being in bed or at work while their base was under attack, whats the fun in that?

What really sucks is when a guild terminates a base to have someone else on the same side put up a tower in the middle of a fight because it looks like they are about to lose.
    Yes thats right m8!!!
    100% Pure Gimp™!!!
    Eunike, a level 206 Trader,
    Machiaveli - a level 215 Bureaucrat(Teh Fun!!!)

Member of the Alpha Omega
    -- Currle:..all there well be too do is sit in the sun and Drink way too much Beer.

Originaly posted in the launcher:2003-01-17 16:12:27

Area swapping in land control
    Greetings! We're aware of several organizations regularly terminating and rebuilding controllers to continously keep an area's suppression gas at 100%, and even some organizations swapped areas between different organizations for the same effect.

This is not intended at all and is now considered an exploit. We are working on a code fix for it. You risk both suspension and disbanding of your organization upon doing this.
    poooooooo

Only 2 people in Velvet have the skills to build controllers. One is moving residence in RL and doesn't have his ISP up yet. The other, Marlark, had RL issues and couldn't log in for 2 days. Marlark was not online at the time the controllers were switched.

Sorry for the inconveniece.
    Chadwick "Armaklaesy" Brownwood
    Welcome to my massage parlor. Please put on this towel and Zhok will be right with you.

. . . (how can u ninja land btw?) . . .
    Well i'm not sure exactly how you do it, but essentially this is what happened: velvet organized a large force and was destroying the omni base; there was some resistence from omni but it was apparent that without devine intervention velvet was going to win; prior to velvet destroying the tower the omni org owning the land would terminate the controller and another omni org would simultaneously build another contoller (i don't know why this is possible). I personally saw that happen to velvet 2 times in 2 days and, imo, it is not fair.

wtb crusader chant

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123