Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Missing Omni-Tek on RK2

One of the major things that I think is funny is that you see 90% of Omni saying they don't go because Tara loot "sux". I tend to browse the Rimor Market forums and I see these same Omni people paying top dollar (credit) for Tara loot. Then you see them in-game and of course they are wearing Tara loot even though it "sux".

Another thing is, no you can't gather Omni for some reason. You could give them 2 hours notice, and they will still show up late. I'm sure that when clanners get the call "Omni at Tara" they drop whatever they are doing and go to Camelot. My how I wish Omni were the same way.

And as you all know "if" Omni do show up at Tara and they die once they wont go back. Of course this is not true for everybody, but it is very true for most. This is where the "title hugging" that was previously addressed (in various threads) comes in.

And while I'm on the subject of how bad Omni are lately (yes I am Omni), now they are afraid to attack Clan towers. Tonight Clans wiped out many Omni bases on RK2. All I heard on a few different chat channels was "see what happens when you get them mad?" So now there will probably be just defending bases for Omnis, no attacking. Ya I know that should be in the NW part, but oh well I don't post often.

I really don't think that it's an excuse that there are more Clans on RK2 than Omni. According to AO Basher (at the time of this post) RK2 is 50.1% Clan, and 43.5% Omni. That doesn't seem like much of a difference to me. At any rate, I think I'm done for now. BTW good posts and ideas Marlark.

Originally posted by Dejavoux

I really don't think that it's an excuse that there are more Clans on RK2 than Omni. According to AO Basher (at the time of this post) RK2 is 50.1% Clan, and 43.5% Omni. That doesn't seem like much of a difference to me. At any rate, I think I'm done for now. BTW good posts and ideas Marlark.
    I pulled some statistics from www.ymera.com and got the following numbers using a little proggy I made:

Total 150+ players:

Clan: 707
    Omni: 521

So, the level 150+ clan population is 57%, the omni being 42%, and neutrals making up about 1%.

Not saying that matters but.. err.. just saying that because I can.

~Chris

Although I agree with a bulk of what Deja and Marlark are saying, there are some items that are being missed.

Deja, for most of the high level battles, you need only concern yourself with 150+. I believe the numbers being thrown around are more like 66% to 33% (clan/omni). It would be interesting to get some real numbers. However, a 2:1 advantage is pretty significant.

If this advantage is true, then any sort of strike attacks that use the concept of splitting the defense forces won't work. This works in real life quite well...because defenders that are killed...don't come back. Also, 24:12 is better than 12:6 or 6:3 or 2:1, by splitting forces...omni is losing any tactical advantage.

Small units can't take down 200 towers very quickly...this allows the defenders to have time to wait to form up. This is the death of any sort of quick strikes. If this were real life, the idea of quick strikes would be to get in and get out before troops showed up. This cannot be done in AO or NW.

Sure, omni could run around and pot shot each base taking down a tower at a time. This is loads of fun to do...not. Furthermore, it infuriates the 10 clan orgs you are picking at...as they get frustrated chasing the gnats. When they get frustrated, they mass up and go pound on an omni base knowing full well that the omni muster won't stop them.

I think this was evidenced tonight. I hear the clans talking about wanting action and for omni to step up and give them a show. What happened today was kinda like asking someone to box ya...then after knocking them out...taking out their mother. Sooner or later, ppl will get tired of this.

If you wish to discuss tactics in game...I'm more than game. However, we have thrashed around tactics (org chat, etc) as much as possible. Divide and conquer doesn't work in this game. That only works in real life...which has real consequences...you don't come back. If you have superior odds...and can maintain (this is important) those odds...all other things being equal...you will win.

At one point today, omni actually did push off the clans at the Last Hope base. This was short lived...as the clans reformed with even more folks. At some point, tactics don't matter. If you got the nukes, and the other guy doesn't...you win.

End of Story.

Sorry if i wasnt clear on tactics .. lets try to explain a senario maybe. From omni perspective

1. Lets pretend Marlark is Omni attack General (That would be the day hehe)

2. We create 3 teams small teams of non esential people in a way sorry for the people that i describe for it hehe.

3. A main force.

The teams go around and attack varius bases that they can attack.

The main team left lets say jump a bigger target this day lets say a 200 base. Even thow this might be wrong for omni to start doing yet. Maybe better to build up from ground up. The spot they selected for target is maybe the worst place to hold is a small patch of land that is almost to easy to take .. and impossible to defend. if you dont have the numbers for it that is.

PS would sugest that you pick who you take out because picking the wrong target like yesterday when jumping AC's base was big mistake. It resulted in 6 bases taken out for omni.

Lets look at what happened in SFH from a omni perspective they did good work there keeping the limited amount of 100 chars clan have. Basecly with what they learned from the second day after they took out Velvets base was do not make the mistake of building a base with majority 150 towers.

From my perspective i c it like this for every thing omni do they learn something new.. atm we do everything in big groups. It could hurt us in the end.

If the 100 people had a couple of missing components the victory at SFH would have been 1 more step for the diversity of tactical use for clan. But in the end it was long and omni defended themself with somewhat using what they have in a better way then we could.

But as i said we learn from everything .. and i must say yesterdays fights was interesting because it show what is the problem in a bigger way then just around a single char or group.

For clan to win in the end we need alot more components then we have today.

But then i hope on the other hand that omni can put up for a fight further on the road.

As i c it atm maybe some orgs should join forces to make it alot simpler for themself.

There is countless ways of doing things but as a high ranking officer in the swedish army said to me the other week. When it come down to it. It is the people at the battleground that have to do the work and grave digging.

// Marlark

We tried that. When we "jumped" AC's base...that was with 4 ppl. Not sure I'd call that jumping. That was the feint. If a feint inspires the wrath of the clan, then there is no hope. Not to mention...that was a baby AC base...not like we were doing any major insult and attack their 250 with 50 omni.

Omni has been successful at beating 150 bases...so this isn't the problem. The problem is that attacking a 200 base (like 10 towers) with 4 ppl causes 100 clanners to get up and start stomping.

You guys don't want a fight...you want us to roll over. Ppl don't roll over...they go away.

And it makes the most sense to try to draw as many clanners from a fight as possible. That was the attempt at AC. We figured AC would respond in some mass...but somewhat insignificant given the size and QL of the base.

Yeah, omni could have strutted over to another base to pull off the clans...but there is no way omni can trade one for one. In the end, the clans could have downed bases faster than omni. And left themselves time to retake the bases omni took.

Also, I was told that the "clan stomp" yesterday was a result of omni downing the QL150 Velvet base. So 1 dead QL150 and a feint on a QL200 equals 100 clanners roaming around smoking bases? What was amazing was watching you cycle ppl in and out...ppl go do missions...come back and fight us some more. Seemed like new names all the time. The omni names didn't change. It was the same 30 ppl doing what they could.

I'm not blaming the clans for having fun. I'm sure it was a lot of fun for you guys. I'm only hoping to shed some light on the plight of the Rimor Omni. This isn't as simple as just changing tactics.

It is good to hear that the clanners do understand our position here. I think that goes a long way to showing FC what it is really like. So far, they have been oblivious.

When your "enemies" (RP that is) start showing pity, things are pretty bad.

Originally posted by Silars
    Although I agree with a bulk of what Deja and Marlark are saying, there are some items that are being missed.

Deja, for most of the high level battles, you need only concern yourself with 150+. I believe the numbers being thrown around are more like 66% to 33% (clan/omni). It would be interesting to get some real numbers. However, a 2:1 advantage is pretty significant.
    Clan: 707
    Omni: 521

mega already did that for ya

Clan definately has the advantage but not as bad as 2-1 as you claim

I was posting at the same time Mega was posting...and did not have the chance to read his post before posting my first one. I don't want Mega to think I ignored his data.

But, the numbers are still basically 60/40. I see that Mega took his data from Ymera. Ymera only tracks ppl in orgs. This probably wouldn't change the numbers much alone though.

What ymera doesn't capture...and what is very hard to capture...is hours logged. This is pretty easy to argue and isn't a strong argument on my part. I also highly doubt 521 omni are on at a time (as well as 700 clanners on at any one time...though it does seem like it sometimes ).

I guess I'm only trying to throw enough junk at it to show that 66/33 could be right at some point. Assuming that enough stuff tilts the already known 60/40 balance a little more.

I'm fairly certain that there are nights it is 66/33. And, there are nights it is 55/45. The problem is the days it is 66/33. That is really only a sway of 10% a day. I'm sure that is more than reasonable to assume.

Best case, Clan has 25% more ppl on a time...worst case...Clan has 100% more ppl on. 100% is a lot. Things get un-fun real quick when you have those kinds of odds.

What would be a huge help....would be FC giving us more info (delayed perhaps) to determine actually odds. I'd delay it to prevent it being used real-time for attacks. As long as the data is available...we could see what we are really dealing with. It could be worse...it could be better...no one really knows. Except FC.

Ymera probably can't tell distinguish which chars have quit. I know many high level omni that quit. Not sure if an equal number of clanners quit or not.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

posted by Malark

PS would sugest that you pick who you take out because picking the wrong target like yesterday when jumping AC's base was big mistake. It resulted in 6 bases taken out for omni.
    I know you're trying to be constructive. But what this statement says is "Admit to yourself that you can't accomplish anything big and just hope that if you avoid attacking big orgs that they won't squash you all."

It's not a war if all we do is prance around in the QL150 areas hoping that we don't get any big orgs mad at us. That's just pathetic.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

Scenario from the OT guild leader chat(Rimor):

Guildleader1: Attention, attention: Our org has planned an attack on a 150 base we are
    able to take out with your help. Pls join XXXbot for more info and chat.

5 min later:

Guildleader1: Attention, attention: Our org has planned an attack on a 150 base we are
    able to take out with your help. Pls join XXXbot for more info and chat.
    Guildleader2: Hey! what lvl land is it and can we have it??
    Guildleader1: Im sorry we are trying to retrieve this land for ourself.
    Guildleader2: Oh.. nm, we dont have any above 73, wich is me, and im very proud of
    finaly beeing a highlevel!! )
    Guildleader1: Right

5 min later:

able to take out with your help. Pls join XXXbot for more info and chat. PLS PASS THIS
    ALONG TO YOUR GUILD, someone might wanna have some action.

Badass1 joins XXXbot.
    [XXXbot]Badass1: Sup?
    [XXXbot]Guildleader1: Hello Badass1, were trying to assemble a force to take out XXX's
    base in XXX.
    [XXXbot]Badass1: Ah cool.
    [XXXbot]Guildleader1: Can u help us bring some from ur guild?
    [XXXbot]Badass1: Sorry, im only in the chatapp atm and noone from my guild is online.

Guildleader1 scrolls down his friendslist with 10 online highlevels in it and 350 offline.

Guildleader1 sends em all tells like "Hias bro, wanna help me take out XXX's base in XXX??
    Friend1 dosnt apear to be online or have forgot to do /afk. (no response)
    Friend2: Ahh was bout to log, sorry mate.
    Friend3: Sorry I wont do any offence towards clanners, otherwise they come steamroll our base.
    Friend4: Well.. we have to discuss this tomorrow...
    Friend5 dosnt apear to be online or have forgot to do /afk. (no response)
    Friend6: Hias bro, well i cant attack XXX cause they have a secret packt with the clan org ZZZ
    wich our allied omni guild YYY has a packt with too.. Really sorry. Btw I got myself a full
    dragon armor now!! Only payed 250m for it!!
    Friend7: Sure Ill join but have to log in 1 hour.

Friend7 joins xxxbot.
    [XXXbot]Friend7: Sup?

Friend8 dosnt apear to be online or have forgot to do /afk. (no response)
    Friend9 is currently AFK.
    Friend10: Sorry m8!! ( having a guild meeting atm. Ill contact u later.

able to take out with your help. Pls join XXXbot for more info and chat. PLS PASS THIS
    ALONG TO YOUR GUILD, someone might wanna have some action.

Unknown joins xxxbot.
    [XXXbot]Friend7: Sup?
    Unknown leaves xxxbot.

[XXXbot]Guildleader1: Nah, thx for showing Badass1 and Friend7, we cant do this with just our
    guild and u two guys. Cya round. Sorry for any trouble.

You must be sitting in order to log out.

Alt+F4
    Alt+F4
    PREDICAMENT|220:26| SENZOR|220:17| TWERRAX|218:11|

Ahahaha.. It can't be that bad..

If this is the L150 base I think it is, it got worse even.

The moment we got at the base with 10 peeps or so, the clanners terminated their tower themselves and put up a new one right up again, making this base not attackable for another 18 hours....
    • RK2: Dyna2 Enfo Dyna18 NT Dyna666 Keeper Dyna4000 Fixer Dyna27012 Crat
    • RK-Test: Dyna0002 Meta-Physicist Dyna90210 Fixer ( 05-02-2003)
    • Check my QL200 Enforcer implant designs at Auno.org: 1HE 2HE 2HB
    • Best custom map: Raiko's Map (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)
    • Best custom skin: Notum DovveTech HUD upgrade (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)

Omni-Tek is your friend!
    Elnertz: "I spend all my time making all the loot mine, all because there is no ****ing storyline!"

Hehe yes it is..

And for 30 sec ago, they just did it again.

Marlark and Jadoo (velvet & silence broken) just switched the controller up for a new one. I was there with em watching the entire ****.

OMG Clannies, and you complain bout no resistance?

**** you are so disgusting.

and ppl believe them about wanting tara to be fun?
    heck they don't even pvp.
    don't tell me swapping towers just so you don't lose land is proper tactic and is a tactic of a pvper....
    i'm sure to have fun with nw is to lose land or gain land ...yes?
    Last edited by Realness; Jan 14th, 2003 at 17:03:39.
    Originally posted by Knasbollen

m000

Hold on a sec there Pridicament and Dyna. Velvet staged many raids to regain that base and I watched it be ninja'd from them twice by omni. Essentially what happened was that after it became fairly obvious that clan was going to win; the omni would terminate and rebuild the controller and immediately place a new controller; preventing velvet from retaking the base they had fought fairly to win. And when I say immediately, I mean like instantenously.

Late on Sunday night Velvet again organized a raid and this time was successful in regaining the base. IA placed a contoller there so Velvet would have time to organize the rebuilding of the base. Because of RL scheduling problems the rebuild got all screwed up so Silence Broken built a controller so that Velvet would have sufficient time to get organized to rebuild. Additionally, when I terminated the IA controller Silence Broken did rebuild immediately they waited the through they had to wait through a 20 "not in state of peace period." You guys were all there you had just a good of a chance to build the controller as anyone else. And after what the prior omni owners did to velvet when they had previously tried to regain the base, I really don't think omni has any room to complain.
    Johnathgalt Rimor Clanner

wtb crusader chant

Succeeding at my job is like winning a pie eating contest where the prize is more pie.

Lol and you cry like little babies as soon as you get the tiniest shred of resistance .. you want to fight us or what?

sad...

i too was waiting for that base to go 25%...AGAIN. as the rest of the online Project Starlight crew was, and again they rebuild.
    What kind of lameass tactic is that, and seeing it performed by 2 guildleaders (Marlark of Velvet and Jadoo of Silence Broken ) fills my hart with sadness, aint u supposed to set an example for ur subjects?
    this is greifing...nothing more, nothing less.
    so check urself before moaning about little resistance thruout the planet....Punkz!!

hehehehe we have to face the fact that they are afraid of the uberness over PS we could rule the world if we botherd camp tara yeah (not true tho) but still cant belive that the clan orgs are that chicken when it comes to this tower fight dont even want to get challanged by a minor omni guild... i have too say that is though

Clan must be so fun cant imagene jup jup, why dont we just get every *** thing handed too us? hehehehehehehehehehehheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh or somthing like that... why fight for somthing that we can get for free, and get sick of the game so quick? hell yeah! we want for free so we can be lazy asses and just whine over omnis not bothering too get tara, sure we could get a big enough bunch down there, but the whiners (some claners) would just **** theire pants of or somthing

Good day all.

[220/22/01] Desperad0 - Enforcer
    [220/20/59] Minidesp - Agent

a smile for life

just put some "," in the post and you will understand more of it.

[220/22/01] Desperad0 - Enforcer
    [220/20/59] Minidesp - Agent

Originally posted by Predicament
    Lol and you cry like little babies as soon as you get the tiniest shred of resistance .. you want to fight us or what?
    wtf . . . at least we didn't ninja the base
    Johnathgalt Rimor Clanner

wtb crusader chant

Succeeding at my job is like winning a pie eating contest where the prize is more pie.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast