Thread: insights on city of jobe

Wink insights on city of jobe

i dunno .. do you!?

------------------------------------------------------
    solitus mp .. still swining that crotalus hard

The Jobeians have yet to reveal their great city, I believe it will be found in the South, near the coast, when they do reveal its location. Rumor has it that the Jobeians will only allow Nano Breeds into their city.

Here is a brief history that I dug up:

The Jobeians are neutral as far as anyone knows. I believe they were former Omni-Tek Nano Techs but split because they had other ideas, beliefs, etc. They formed a city, built it to cater to the Nano Breed, although it's still in question if they will let other breeds inside. Some believe that this city is in the sky, some believe it's an island in the water, whatever you believe there's no question as to the secrets and treasures that await those that enter.
    Sepentura

"The future is in your hands."

Former Leader - Sea of Change

aawww =/

that's sad =/

why ... it would be more logical to only let true caster classes (mp/nt) enter .. becouse nano mage only .. kinda feels like racism no?

Here is some more information about Jobe from various fan sites.

This might be a picture of the City of Jobe. I saw this on AO-Basher with the following caption.

A nanomages training is long and difficult, most nano mages are very self-centred and do not work well others, this is not something that mixes well with Omni-Tek law and order. Many years ago, the most powerful nano mages deserted the mega-corporation in a non-violent manner. They established the city of Jobe, out in the ocean south of Rome. Today they have a fragile treaty with both Omni-Tek and the clans, while they develop and create new nanos and formulas.

This looks to be a refinement of another (possibly earlier?) description of Jobe

1) "The training of nano mages is hard and difficult; it is almost a prerequisite of an expert nano technologic to have a streak of independence. This is not something that goes well with the Omni-Tek attitude of law and order.

Some years ago, all the best and most proficient nano mages deserted the mega-corporation in a non-violent manner. They established the city Jobe, out in the ocean south of Rome and the The Reck Trading Outpost. Today they have a very fragile nonaggression pact with both Omni-Tek and The Clans, while they do their best to create new and exciting nano formulas.

The nano mages on Jobe seem to like the clans better than Omni-Tek, although some of the more militaristic clans are hard to accept for the disciplined but freedom-loving Jobeans.

All the big breakthrough inventions in nano technology of the last 20 years were discovered in Jobe."

2) "Jobe is more interesting for trading in these exclusive goods (nano technology), but the Jobeans are too protective to be accessible to the general public (and adventurers)."

3) "People from all over the galaxy, interested in nano technology, travel to the Rubi-Ka. The Notum and Jobe makes this an Eldorado for the profession."

4) Jobe - Located on an island west of Omni-1 Jobe is home to mostly Nanos; specifically Meta Physicists. It is here that the majority of the advances in Nano-Technology start. Few are allowed to enter the city and many insane individuals have tried to swim there however the inner city remains a mystery to outsiders who can only imagine what wonders are being developed inside.

*Crosses Fingers* I hope Engineers are allowed inside.
    Sepentura

"The future is in your hands."

Former Leader - Sea of Change

Talking

Originally posted by Sepentura
    *Crosses Fingers* I hope Engineers are allowed inside. :)
    yeah sure, those mp's never gonna manage runnin a city without us ehehehehe

pfff, i wonder anyway with what kind of freak show they show up when *tryin* ..... ,)

ooc:ehehe couldn't resist somehow ,)
    tradeskillz ?

Re: aawww =/

Originally posted by machine
    that's sad =/

why ... it would be more logical to only let true caster classes (mp/nt) enter .. becouse nano mage only .. kinda feels like racism no?
    no it makes sense so only people who play what is really a true NT can get into jobe. Makes up somewhat for the obvious weaknesses in the nanomage class. Good idea funcom
    Member of the "I tried SWG and I am still kicking myself for it" club

You probably need some Atrox enforcers around too.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

hehe

Well if you call that racism then most of the game is racist.

alot of in game items can only be wielded by certain breeds.

be it nanomage only armor to atrox only weapons.

I dont see it as such though more as diversity.