Thread: please need some help

Unhappy please need some help

please can some one tell me some tips on how to get over a "AO depression"?.
    I really love this game (ok there is some really big problems with it, but exept them I love it)
    I have tried to don't play it for almost a week and a half, played alot of other games, even was out side the house and took a walk.

and nothing of this seems to help, I can't find any joy in the game. I'm I starting to get tierd of it I fear if I would cancel my accont I would like to start play again after a while.

I know I'm not the only one that have got the what I call "ao depression" so please help me out here

it.just.a.game.

*throws you a kupo nut*

Originally posted by Emiko
    it.just.a.game.

*throws you a kupo nut*
    Kupo, I feel the same way and there's been times when you felt the same way too.

It's like, when I can't play, then I think about AO constantly. But while I'm playing, I'm bored out of my wits :/

But I don't cancel, because I have nothing else to do usually. I'm not going to go into my own personal drama, but I think he might be feeling the same way. Wierd, I really thought I was the only one
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Huh.

I get disgusted with the game all the time while reading forums and seeing people gripe/watching FC destroy the skill system.

But then I get in game, and go rampage over some borgs or monsters, and it all comes back.
    This game *still* has too much potential for me to give up on it.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

Do as I did. Cancel your account and feel the relief. If you miss it you can reactivate. It is fully possible.

As Emiko said: it's just a game.
    Del Abote Mandonado
    200 Omni-Tech General
    Unit Member of Band of Brothers
    Atlantean

-'Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled about their shores... Burning with the fires of Orc.'

suggestion to things you can do:

1: try another profession

2: install a filter in your mind, filtering away the negative stuff you read.

3: join a guild

4: it's just a game.

5: get another hobby for a while

6: call up some friends and see if they stil recognize you. (I know my friends threaten me with refusing to recognize me at times)

7: go rent a movie

8: go to the cinema

9: try to not powerlvl, but do something good for other people (make newbie backpacks/buff newbies/something

10: Try our PvP

11: ...er.... something, something.......

not sure if any of this helps at all

I guess you could try out one of the other mmorpgs out there, and then come back and be happy with how nice it is here

I find when I'm getting totally bored with the game, I just take a brake for a bit.

I too love this game, best game really I've played in a long time. But yea, there are times when I am absolutely board when playing, and usually log out a few minutes later.

Twice I've taken a brake, having been playing since beta4 thats not to bad. I just suggest you take a month or two off, go do something else. Don't think about AO (if you can). Then when the urge hits you, re-open your account and trust me you won't loose interest again for a while.

A friend of mine just came back after several months gone, but only stayed for about 3 weeks and has left again. It is just a game, you cant expect to have your interests held for ever .

Try one of the other MMORPGs. I just recently downloaded the EQ trial haha, and am having a lot of fun. I haven't played the game in years and just was like 'ah what the hell'.

I do feel like, man it's been over a year now since I've played any NEW, trully great games. When SWG comes out, man I'm gonna cherish every moment, cause it's always great when you find yourself having a ball in a fresh new MMORPG .
    http://community.anarchy-online.com/...1/name/xaielao
    "Yea, I've got your information.. you got my money?"
    Proud member of 3305 Local
    A non-GA Fixer, and pround of it!

Fergus ~ 27 Soldier (after wipe) ~ Test
    "No escaping pain! You belong to me.." Megadeath-Skin o' my Teeth

Fion ~ 25 Opi MA (after wipe) ~ Test
    "Woh look at that MOB! Think I can take it? *SMACK* OUCH!"

EQ has a trial version?
    Must have! Gotta go check out some old favorite places.

I can't wait for EVE myself. Sure, it'll have it's bugs, it's exploits, it's stupid design decisions. . . but I think I'll love it anyway.

Just like AO.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

Originally posted by Kenlon
    EQ has a trial version?
    Must have! Gotta go check out some old favorite places.

I can't wait for EVE myself. Sure, it'll have it's bugs, it's exploits, it's stupid design decisions. . . but I think I'll love it anyway.

Just like AO.
    EVE will roxxor my world, that's one thing for sure. Have seen it live and played it some I say KICKASS! Being an old Elite nerd I just gotta play it. I just gotta!

When EVE goes live I'll definately press the CANCEL SUBSCRIPTION button.
    Del Abote Mandonado
    200 Omni-Tech General
    Atlantean

-'Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled about their shores... Burning with the fires of Orc.'

Well, I stopped reading the forums once for 2-3 weeks. Those were some of the best times I ever had playing AO.

If things are boring, then take a break. Try to avoid the negativity and just play the game.

Just beat Jedi Outcast 2. Was a nice change of pace from AO.

I had the same problem, I was tired of running missions in BS and AO in general.

Opened an Ultima Online account and played that for a while, right now i switch games on a daily basis.

When I returned to AO I started exploring the world, seeing places I'v never been befor.

There were so many new things to do.

Hunting Bosses in the most isolated places.
    Getting a good adrenalin rush at the Ace Camp in EFP.

My addiction is kicking back right now

Must ... log .... on
    Quote Originally Posted by Primakoff
    You can never deal enough damage to OD even the most average role-player 220 soldier with the right gun, so taunts are your only hope.
    I want to tank The Beast with nothing but a chair and a Concrete Cushion FFS!

Things to do when you decide to take a break from AO

1) Open the Curtains.
    2) Open the windows and let some fresh air in. Even traffic fumes smell better than this room.
    3) Look outside and think 'Wow - how long has that been there?'
    4) Get dressed.
    5) Get undressed.
    6) Take a shower.
    7) Get dressed.
    8) Eat breakfast.
    9) Clear the pizza boxes away.
    10) Roll an alt.
    "You know how these so-called 'Environmentalists' are all vegetarian? Well, there would be a lot more of the Environment if they stopped eating all the plants..."

Harry Hill

Ouch.. Getting an adrenaline rush from playing a computer game? That really doesn't sound good.

I myself get an adrenaline rush from jumping out of an airplane at 12.000 feet but I guess people are different.
    Del Abote Mandonado
    200 Omni-Tech General
    Atlantean