Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: neut does not = pacifist

neut does not = pacifist

well well well, it look like we neuts Finnaly got first strike in 25% zones. about time, all this time we would show up on tab and now with FirStk there is a reason for us to listed as hostile. this is a boost not only to pvp but also to role-play. im a mercenary, who ever heard of a merc that only fired After being fired apon? it's also another needed buff to keep out an unfair advantage to sided persons in NW.
    Thx FC a fix where no one losses is always a good one.

Guess that means I can't ignore white dots on my map any more. Q first, ask questions later.

Re: neut does not = pacifist

Originally posted by shaquaneeva
    well well well, it look like we neuts Finnaly got first strike in 25% zones. about time, all this time we would show up on tab and now with FirStk there is a reason for us to listed as hostile. this is a boost not only to pvp but also to role-play. im a mercenary, who ever heard of a merc that only fired After being fired apon? it's also another needed buff to keep out an unfair advantage to sided persons in NW.
    Thx FC a fix where no one losses is always a good one.

Wow, you are the smart one. I'm sure some Neutrals enjoyed their role as a non-attacker. They were no threat, and some Neutrals like this as they were left alone.

Since now nutes can interfear in fights they will die, before they can.

Funny all the nutes in 2ho - mmd shouting dont attack me an a nute!

Real reason for this is so nutes can defend there towers (if they can build, excuse me iv not read all the notes yet).
    Neophyte Louie "Jankkar" Strikz - 167 Evil Trader

The neuts are history. There are now not two but three sworn enemies on Rubi-Ka, as the so-called 'Neutrals' have now effectively declared outright war on both the Clan and the Omni.

Re: neut does not = pacifist

im a mercenary, who ever heard of a merc that only fired After being fired apon?
    Who ever heard of an neutral merc? To be an merc you'll need to have a side to have as your employers yes?
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

ok, first off we need to clear up a few things,....

yes we can build, i know because one of those controlers belongs to me (shaquacruz).

next, yes, we are a neut mercenary guild. why ? because we work for the highest bidder, thats why.
    you see we in elite operations have an equal opertunity employment program. and have taken jobs from both clan and omni and attacked both sides in the past. one of our most recent jobs is listed in neutral attacks on omni outpost . this thread more in detail explains this little caviot of neut life as a merc aginst that argument.

those who dont want to fight shouldnt enter into the ring. the only place this was not appllicable was mmd where the grid term was in the middle of the zone and you had no choice, and being without first strike, we had little defence. now this excuse is gone. and i dont feel like going into the whole "im being forced into pvp" disscussion because there are other threads already going on about that.

i will never again cry "don't shoot, im a neut !" ive grown out of my n00b weakness and fear, and with first strike, there is no validity to the cry anymore. i expect that statment to fade into the darkness of fond memories.

yes jank, this is about being able to defend our land but it holds more than just that as a positive effet on pvp IMO

and finally mr. part. who said anything about 'effectively' declaring war ? oh well. not tring to step on any toes, but land control will not exile neuts into 'history' in the dramatic terms you put it. we neuts face hardships everyday by not chosing a side and would rather cancell our insurance then chose to side with omni or clan. if anything, this might be the factor that brings us together, that brings those who previously had no reason to even join a side to merge into one of the neut guilds, and maybe merge some of the fragmented guilds into larger ones. take a trip to borealis sometime.in case you havent noticed, there you'll see members of some of the most influential neut guilds like the independant rubikans,the nanomage liberation front, circle G, healing hands and others with *neutral* before their guild names as a sign of solidarity between the neut guilds to defend one another. it is because we are so small a group, and feel our way of life threatened so badly, that we stick to gether so tightly when it matters the most.

Absolutly Shaq,

Nuets should have been able to initinate attack in PvP long ago, Instead of some RP issue seeing nuets are "Friendlys" and peeps that dont want to start fights, you should have to join omni or clan to be able to PvP and am glad FC sorted that out.

Also your right it will bring more to PvP as a whole.

Neophyte Louie "Jankkar" Strikz - 167 Evil Trader

next, yes, we are a neut mercenary guild. why ? because we work for the highest bidder, thats why.

you see we in elite operations have an equal opertunity employment program.

i will never again cry "don't shoot, im a neut !" ive grown out of my n00b weakness and fear,
    lol thanks for the good laugh.

well if you work for the highest bidder then your takeing the same side as your bidder right? So your not technically neutral then.
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

go to the link i provided, and read ALL the replys.

and ok, if your going to put it in those terms, then yes, were taking a side. but for only as long as the contract holds out. we will never be attacded to any side for any real length of time. in fact other neut guilds shun us a bit because we don't accept their methods and do the things that would even go along with the 'neut' side. EO and our training guild EA put together makes the 2nd largest neut guild on rubika, and we will never put that stupid looking *neutral* on the front of our name. because we fight for our employers for the money (and our neut neighbors, we still like xp bonuses too )

we are neutral because we are equal oppertunity head bashers with no idea of favroitism.

Or honor :P

and finally mr. part. who said anything about 'effectively' declaring war ? oh well. not tring to step on any toes, but land control will not exile neuts into 'history' in the dramatic terms you put it. we neuts face hardships everyday by not chosing a side and would rather cancell our insurance then chose to side with omni or clan.

That's what I'm saying... you HAVE chosen your own side, but not Omni or Clan. Neuts are now simply another faction. That's ok with me. You're not neutral, you're an active part of the war.

'Honor' is relative. If we don't believe that either of the ideals of the Corporation or certain of the Clans are 'honorable', then we don't support them. Taking a contract to do harm to a faction you have at most a neutral level of respect towards is not 'dishonorable' in my estimation. It's simply doing a 'job'.

We have our own set of ideals and understanding of 'honor'. When such a time comes as the majority of our membership feels it's important to support some large ideological belief on this planet, then perhaps we will move our support to them regardless of the credits involved. Until such time, we try to ensure that our members are both happy and prosperous. The politics of Rubi'Ka are menial and irrelevent in our estimation at this point. We aim to survive while not giving in to someone else's understanding of how things should be. In that respect, we are indeed de facto 'independants. We would never claim otherwise.

And we must always remember that 'death is not permanent'. At most it's an inconvenience.

Finally, we hope that we are providing a service to the game as a whole by providing a counter to the mainstream ways of thinking and hopefully throwing a monkey wrench into situations at times where it may be unexpected. Without us 'independants' and the other Neutrals out there, the player-driven portions of the Story would be no more exciting than a match of Team Fortress Classic or Counterstrike.

Guess my "t" key is going on a vacation, only need "tab" and "q" now .

Honestly, in the long run, this may be a lot worse on neuts. At least those that want to build towers. With you're ability to first strike folks, you're going to make enemies and loose what little sympathy you had. As said above, you will have two factions gunning for you. You guys 'n' gals will be burning through towers something fierce I fear.

Can we have faction resignation forms now? Nothing differentiates Omni/Clan/Neut now, may as well let people switch freely.

So now the neutrals are stealing our notum too? Geez, backstabbers :P

Bah.

I've never heard of a mercanary organization that worked only for one side. That's rediculous. How are you supposed to make any money like that? As for us real mercanaries in the neut population, we really don't care which side wins or loses. You could all die for all I care. We'd just move on and make money else where. If you think by takign a job attacking a clan or omni territory is an act of war then so be it but Keep in mind that we too have clan and omni alliances that would come to aid us. As for stealing your notum..I believe the only notum YOU own is the ones your mines get. Yes some of us neuts have land now and we are keeping it in the neutral population. How are we the dishonorable ones when you'd shoot us when our backs are facing you over and over and then whine and complain when we tab on you and kill you. You whine like I've never heard. It's not like we've had this ability since the time Ao started. So take your token boards, shove them down your throat and suck it up. Otherwise we are always looking for employement on BOTH sides

And we all know how wise it is to have henchmen that will turn and shoot you as soon as an better offer comes along... run along now turncoat, you'll get no sympathy here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast