Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: neut does not = pacifist

I don't think anyone was asking for sympathy. Just simply stating a fact that a real mercanary is not aligned to any side or faction. Why is it someone always has to turn a topic into something it's not?

My point is that I dont consider merc's neutrals.
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Well, I'm neutral, EO is neutral and yes we're mercanaries.

Don't consider merc's neutral? Ummm OK...whatever.

I said it before...and so did my guildmates, we don't give a wit which one of ya is winning or losing, just who has the biggest pocketbook.

Now...as for henchmen who shoot ya in the back when a higher bidder comes along, and the concept of honor. Our concept of honor is honoring our contracts. If you have a contract with us to help you, be it in an attacking or defending role....the provisions of the contract and its clauses will determine the specifics. But rest assured if you have a contract with us to go into battle with you, you won't see us turning on you in mid battle. This WOULD dishonor us by our breaking of our contractual obligation to you...not to mention ruin our credibility which would be bad for business.

So fears of "mercs turning against you" in mid battle really shows how little us true mercenaries are understood, there's a difference between hired thugs and professional mercenaries like us in EO/EA. We are professionals, we honor our contracts.
    Nackiza
    "Goth Goddess of Rat Whirling"
    Veteran
    Elite Operations

I agree. I could see an oomni guild not wanting to hire out a clan merc guild or vice verse to go into battle with them. That's where being aligned to a side is bad. You both have a side interest which gets in the way of business. As we've said before we don't care who wins. We have no grudges with either side nor any favor of any side. We're just here to make some money. Belive it or not but I'm sure we get more business than any affiliated so called merc group. More clientel, more money, better reputation. We're not so petty like some are that we'd turn on ya when you are vulnerable and expecting us to help you when we've given you our word and taken a contract. Now if another guild happened to hire us to attack you afterwards then we would but thats another contract and your is fulfilled.

IMO: Neutrals are the unfortunate souls that are trapped in the middle of an war and want nothing more then to live their life.

Merc's are the scum of the earth that is out to make money out of other people's suffering and should be crushed and executed by an firing squad for their crimes.
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Depends on your version of neutral. My version is not aligned with either side. Impartial to either side. i do anything your version of a merc does just with a little more professionalism to it. There are neutrals that don't want to fight and are stuck between a battle but there are us Eo and other neut guilds that are neutral for the benifit of having both sides as an employer without the being on a side getting in the way.

We could argue this till our fingers go numb so if you want to make like we aren't mercs then so be it. I know what I am and what I've done.

we could also argue til we are all blue in the face about who caused the "suffering" we profit from in the first place...hmmm?

How about that one?
    Nackiza
    "Goth Goddess of Rat Whirling"
    Veteran
    Elite Operations

Originally posted by Nackiza
    we could also argue til we are all blue in the face about who caused the "suffering" we profit from in the first place...hmmm?

How about that one?
    Those scum called "clanners" caused it. No need to argue.

Originally posted by Shubalubdub
    Those scum called "clanners" caused it. No need to argue.
    We also have an new type of scum on our hands, neutral merc scum...

/me laughs at Centurion3's constant baiting

Madrugar

Originally posted by Flood1
    /me laughs at Centurion3's constant baiting
    Just trying to provoke them into an more fun argument, but they arent takeing it...

Mercs are Neut untill the first one hiers them.. i meen if Omni hiers a merc group to kill every clan soldier in tir i think the Mercs hafto xspect to be hated by all claners.

this meens that the claners wont hier them and will hate the neuts mercs that did this, so you are neuts untill somone pays you to kill.
    w00p w00p!!

Oh Jesus Christ please stop doing that.

Originally posted by Tolbat
    Mercs are Neut untill the first one hiers them.. i meen if Omni hiers a merc group to kill every clan soldier in tir i think the Mercs hafto xspect to be hated by all claners.

this meens that the claners wont hier them and will hate the neuts mercs that did this, so you are neuts untill somone pays you to kill.
    Have to disagree on that one, you're still a neut after you've done your maiming, you just have a shorter life expectancy compared to the more pacifistic neuts.
    well, in theory at least

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12