Thread: So, when most people don't get NW on Friday?

So, when most people don't get NW on Friday?

Well, in my earlier post I said that none of the stores in my town (Lexington, KY) had heard of or stocked AO:Notum Wars. I called again, thinking that with the holiday rush, it might be hard to ship stuff (see AO News & Updates). Needless to say, none of them had it, knew of it, or had it in their computers.

Well, we've discussed this before, so I'll stop beating the horse (he's already dead). My point today is:

What happens when most people don't get Notum Wars tomorrow?

This would be an incredibly unfair advantage to certain mega-guilds, or guilds lucky enough to get their hand's on a few copies. They will have extra days or even weeks before the general population of AO even gets to install the game, destroying the prinicple of the game. If a few guilds occupy all of the territory and fortify it, they will have an unfair advantage which will be unlikely to match.

How will Funcom account for this? We know it's not FC's fault that shipping is fubar, bur should the players be punished for that?

I was under the impression a guild can only have one controlled area.

My local Babbage's has never heard of AO, but luckily they had NW in their computers.... So I went up there on Tuesday to get it... They said that it didn't ship, and that it would be on shelves early Wednesday... I went up there Wednesday, nope didn't have it..... Now it's Thursday and they are closed... Oh and I forgot to say that I called them on Wednesday and they said that I need to keep my fingers crossed and maybe I'll get it Monday...

Thanks FC.

P.S. MAYBE they'll get it tommorow and I can wait in line for about 5 hours to get it
    My Characters!

Jamison "Thakilla5" Dartt 200 Martial Artist
    Proud Member of The Dojo
    "Swiftrush" 70 Agent

A single guild can have only one controller of each level range, which means one guild can control at most 5 areas, all of differing level ranges.

Bearing in mind that PvP level range rules apply to attacking towers, or them attacking you, a guild must have a good number of members at each level range if they expect to be able to defend all 5 areas.

Also note that it may take a while for guilds to actually be able to place towers....

Tower placement requires Complit and Psychology. (Psych? Why? To make you spend IP in an otherwise useless skill, natch!)

It may take some levelling before those high level guildies have the IP to raise psych, if they haven't.

Not a BAD req, I think it's 400 Psych for a level 200 tower, but it will take some redoing of points.

i pre-ordered from ebgames.com on the 22nd of this month. Shipped on the 26th arrived early this morning on the 28th.

If you order from them you should get it fairly quick.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

Do ebgames ship to the UK?
    UK EB (Game) don't seem to have it till the 6th Dec

Come on FC, free Cuddly leet with every preorder, please

Actually, these "mega-guilds" you speak of PROBALY won't have any advantages because of the following reasons:

a. Only the Org Leader is allowed to place a Controller, this means that the you need that one player to have the booster to get started. I'm in this situation right now because my guild leader won't get his NW copy till next week probally. I'm in a pretty large guild, but for confedentality reasons I won't reveal the name :-)

b. There are alot of people playing AO right now who've I've talked to who don't have it yet and probally won't Friday. It feels like I'm the only one who has a Copy. You guys aren't the only ones that don't have it, I'm sure alot of the high levels that could wallop us don't have it either, mabey a few of em, but not all.

c. So, what does it matter if some Orgs get some land earlier then you guys? It's only going to be the land near their hometowns anyways, which will be hard to attack seeing how the side influence is filled around it. Remember, you can still attack towers w/ the booster guys! There won't be large numbers of towers or controllers because of the lack of people having the booster in time. So all you do is whoop up on the smaller camps that may pose threat to your guild.

Just to clear some things up about the NW, I was reading the instruction/map thing that came in the box and it says:

"If you decide to attack a Land Control Tower or Controller, two things will happen:

1. All towers your org. owns will immediately become attackable.

2. If your org has no towers, or you are not part of an org, you will immediately be flagged as "PvP Enabled". This means that you can be attacked by other players for a certain amount of time, no matter where you are!"

So, if you don't get your booster on time, don't worry! Just don't attack other orgs towers and you will be fine in that Zone, unless it's already a political Zone...that's another story

Originally posted by Deadcow

a. Only the Org Leader is allowed to place a Controller, this means that the you need that one player to have the booster to get started. I'm in this situation right now because my guild leader won't get his NW copy till next week probally. I'm in a pretty large guild, but for confedentality reasons I won't reveal the name :-)
    have him give you or someone else in your org who currently has their copy of NW the leadership for them to place the controller....
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix