Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: team side problem, fatal problem for neutrals

team side problem, fatal problem for neutrals

I'm a neutral, I teamed with people who were all omni.
    It said "team side omni". I thought, hey this could be cool, maybe when they pull a mission it wont have OT mobs, and the team will whine less at me.

But it was worse... far worse.

The team mission was still filled with OT mobs, except now the entire team did not get xp for killing same sided mobs. AND killing those mobs didnt count towards token %, so even though everything was dead, it was only 70% clear.

This is an outrage, I hope this is a bug. It will be impossible to get into any OT/Clan team because me being there would rob them of xp and token, if I was a clanner/omni I wouldnt want to team with me either in that situation.
    Last edited by Ratty; Nov 28th, 2002 at 18:16:15.

wtf

if this is true im almost tempted to renew my accound just to be able to cancel it again..

I just hope it's a bug, and I'm used to game stopping bugs in this game, we all are. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

If it's a deliberate attempt to screw neutrals that want to team with omni/clan, as sad as it will make me I'll have to cancel. I'm not going to pick which set of friends I play with, clan or omni, I'll just tell them all goodbye and share contact info.

whoa.

now this is nasty indeed, i also noticed that the team side now reported omni/clan instead of neutral when you joined up, and i was thinking the exact same thing as far as teams and mobs went, but i never got to test it due to some rather heavy disconnecting issues *cough*

if this turns out to be anything but a bug i'd be very much surprised, but it's also one of those oversights that really makes you wonder how much testing is being done before sending things to live. (as for neutrals, it really makes the 12.6 patch pale in comparison)

going to be fun to see if they actually managed to fix it with the little 30-minute patch that's being applied now, i'm half-tempted to say we might be in for a nasty surprise when we log back on
    (as i'm guessing the whines that have been registered and looked at currently have been the server lost issues)

I had a petition going, to make some noise and get some attention to it, but of course the patch hit before it was my turn. I'll try again when the 30 minute patch is complete.

update

Game servers back up. teamed with omni, pulled mission, ran to it, OT mobs and "team side omni". nope not fixed.

This is a serious game breaking game for neutrals, can someone at FC break the tradition of never replying to my bug reports and reply to this thread saying that its being looked into?
    Last edited by Ratty; Nov 28th, 2002 at 20:51:39.

I petitioned in game on RK1, and got Eponyx "bughunter", and he said he will test it today and report his results tomorrow morning.

heh, guess we can add this under the "test before implementing" category of brilliant ideas then

Arrow

Yeah, had this happen today too, me and a lot of neutrals... side was clan (ok, but different from previous) but the mission (pulled by a neutral) had clan mobs in it...

So, either give xp for the mobs

OR

(more likely) Make sure that a mission does not generate mobs the same side as the team (which I'm sure used to be the case).

Fix It!

Sounds like a bug in the mission generator...
    Last edited by Darkbane; Nov 29th, 2002 at 00:17:37.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

It seems to me like its a ug in the team side, not the mission generator.

The teams side is reporting to the mission generator as neutral, so you are getting a mix of all thre sided mobbs, however the team side is reporting the te XP generation code as Clan/Omni, and the respective mobs are not giving XP.

This is also an improtrant problem for PvP, cant have full teams of omni reporting as neutral (That is happening too)

Just my input

~sky
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1
    Advisor Midnight Reveries.

Do politics exist? Yes.
    Who's involved in them? Anyone who wants to be.

If you spend your time worrying about what everyone else is doing in their lives, you'll miss what's happening in yours.

Arrow

Ah, yes, that sounds plausible - the missions are still using the old method (which would have reported such a mixed team as neutral before).
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

So they either need to:

1. Have teams report as neutral/missing as before.
    2. Make team missions pulled by a team with all omnis and a neutral have only clan/neutral mobs.

p.s. I heard this isnt a problem with a clan+neutral team, haven't tested it.

Sorry Ratty, its a problem there too. Was teamed with Tag, Mart, Yarko and some others, team side reported as clan, but we still got clan mobs worth 0xp in our mission...

Where was this written ? Patchnotes ? I triple checked and saw nothing.

How will that work when fixed ? (team side is equal to ? and you gain xp from what side ? including neutrals). Thanks.
    Stercoral.

Circle G Inc. - Your safety is our business.
    http://nattguiden.no/circle-g/

Change One

It looks like a sided team gets no xp from MOBs of the same side. I assume neutral teams and MOBs don't count as sided in this case...

Change Two

Adding a clan member to an otherwise all neutral team now makes the team clan (previously it would have been neutral).

However, it looks like the mission generator is still using the old code and generating the mission as if for a neutral team (ie containg MOBs from both sides and neutral MOBs)

Result

MOBs in a mission you get no xp or token chance increase for.

So neutral players gain xp from omni/clan + neutral mobs ?
    Nice for us neutrals.

If so we (and when fixed) we could label that patch "neutral love"
    Stercoral.

Angry What kind of answere is this

I had the same problem so I petitioned

The ARK said "this may or may not be an intended effect due to the recent changes to neutrals"

This makes me so incredibly mad! I have'nt done anything but all neutral teams since the patch (mostly one or two teammates).

I want a clear answere because if this is intended it is the Grand-Daddy of all nerfs!

some one Please give me a clear answere

Aazamon General in the Nanomage Liberation Front

Till all are free!!!

According to designers a team of Neutrals and people from one side (clans / Omni-Tek) is supposed to belong to that side. Thus I suppose they should get missions as if they were pure clan or Omni-Tek. I'll report this as a bug.

Thank you, as I regularly team with neutrals, this is very annoying.

Is that a change that affect 100% of the players ?
    Yes it is. So.....

And where is it clearly stated and explained ? Where can I have more info than some bribes of Cz and incertitudes of others players ?

Stercoral.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast