Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: team side problem, fatal problem for neutrals

Is this fixed yet? Please? Finding 6 neutrals I can team with is tough man.
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

Patch notes finally updated at least an hour after servers went down. And there's no meation of it. :-/

http://www.anarchy-online.com/conten...oduction/live/

When servers are up, give it a test, if it's not fixed, I say we keep petitioning, and reporting it because this obviously isnt being given a high priority.

this is just what i came in here to say.

make sure the coders look at all aspects, like the omni getting the mish, the neut getting the mish, etc.

this essentily stops neuts from lvling. for the first time, a sided person told me "i dont side with neuts anymore" because of this bug

As crippling as this bug is, you can still outdoor hunt without issues. Most mobs are neutral or unsided.
    Not trying to lighten the seriousness of the bug, it seriously needs to get fixed fast, but this is something you can do in the meantime.

i know, its what ive been tring to do. but its so hard to get a team out to hunt that hunts limit them selves to solo, or pair hunting. and goin solo for Xp takes eons to lvl with. at 100+ this method alone is unacceptibe for Xp.

Arrow

Best workaround at the moment is to do solo missions instead, and get a non-neutral team member to roll it - should generate based on their affiliation (if that doesn't work, get them to roll it whilst unteamed). No boss loot or team rewards, but if its only xp your after, it shouldn't matter. Just roll 2 or 3 in the same place.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

From 14.7.5 patch notes:

Teams that have one or more clan member will now have clan alignment, and those having one or more Omni-Tek member will be counted as Omni. This should allow teams with neutral members to still get missions suited for the team. If it contains both Omni-Tek and clan members, the team will be considered neutral.

So umm, fixed now? I can't even test it till I get home tomorrow.
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

Arrow

Allegedly it is, but not seen for myself yet... Ratty? You tried it?
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Havent had a chance to try yet, been busy at work.

It is indeed corrected.

And even better than before. Now that neutrals take the side of the other members in the team, they pull missions with only mobs of different sides. Meaning tabbing is much less of a problem.

Excellent.
    Now all that's left is fix it so if you're teamed with someone, you can't tab to them, then teaming will be perfect. I havnet used tab in missions... ever.. in this game, would be nice if they fixed it. As a neutral, hitting tab cycles through the entire team usually. And even in a neutral team, neutral mobs wont show up in tab, so even then, tab is useless.
    Last edited by Ratty; Dec 13th, 2002 at 09:39:04.

of course, a user-friendly option would be to link your tab targets to team side.
    maybe neutrals would have a use for tab targeting with something like that (as my tab button is probably the least-used button on the keyboard as far as AO is concerned).

I never use tab anymore either. Even on an all neutral team, you get neutral mobs in missions, so no matter what you get the FC servicing (if anyone remembers George Carlin talking about "servicing the customer").

They need to fire that power tripping designer that insists on neutral being a side only for newbies, that is only played until they "pick a side". If that's Gaute, they need to frigging get rid of him, and put someone in there that can handle what the players do and work with it instead of trying to get everyone to fit into his little vision of what he wants us playing 'his' game.

Is it only obvious to me that the only reason neutrals can build towers at all is to increase NW sales? I'm sure they don't even want us to build towers at all, so they just put us in the battle, 10% versus both sides, so of course they both roll up on us and take all our towers right away without much resistance (from gimped players with no token boards, special armor, etc).

I think as time goes on things will just get more and more hard on us, that is, until we just leave and play another MMORPG, then FC can do what they want with this game. With so many other MMO games to choose from, one is bound to be as good as AO on all the other great things about this game, but maybe without amazingly bad design decisions that only make the counterstrike pvp kiddies happy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12