Thread: Why Digital River?

Why Digital River?

Heya Cz, if FC only controls the timing of shipments to the distributors, can you at least tell your loyal customers here why the company chose to work with Digital River?

Folks who preordered through *unaffiliated* companies are already receiving their product while those of us who demonstrated some loyalty and trust in FC and ordered through the *official* site have not even had their products shipped yet. In addition, Digital River makes it difficult or imposible for customers to cancel their orders, even before they have shipped. Are these the sorts of business practices that FC really wants to be associated with?

Are we better off in the future (Shadowlands) spurning the official preorder and instead ordering elsewhere? Can you at least give us some insight into why FC chose this path? As you can tell, it is extremely frustrating to demonstrate some loyalty and then get burned.

thanks in advance for any answers you may provide
    amis
    Skebet Omni lvl 181 MP

This is not a bump; it is a renewed humble request for answers.

amis
    Skebet Omni lvl 181 MP

Why complain?

Why do people have to complain about everything? I haven't heard so much whining except for a 3 year old child..
    Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    We wouldn't make the nano in the first place if we didn't feel that it would be useful and at the very least a decent addition to any given professions nano listing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abalz
    LOL

I would assume you got your copy?

I canceled my order to DR still my ordersatus says backordered, even tough I recieved an e-mail telling me my order had been canceled.

So now what? I won't recieve NW, but still be charged?

Hell I don't understand? Do you?
    I want to be a campaign!!
    Tarilliux MP fun,fun,fun (should have been a crat with a name like this )
    Hexar ::::Nanotech::::
    Imothar Engie (For once on the recieving end of MP buffs)

And a few other lowbies can't for the life of me remember their names

Re: Why complain?

Originally posted by Abalz
    Why do people have to complain about everything? I haven't heard so much whining except for a 3 year old child..
    Oh for gods sake.
    Well done, you got your copy, we are so pleased for you.
    SOme of us however totally trusted Funcom and ordered our copies from the "recommended outlet" and didn't get them.
    I feel this is a very good reason to "moan".
    If you prefer to spend your life where if somebody tells you to bend over and prepare you do just that then good luck to you.
    However some people feel they have the right to make a complaint if something does not go right.

Are you the kind of person who doesn't complain about anything?
    If the food you are served in a restaurant is cold do you send it back?
    If you buy a new CD/DVD and the case is cracked do you not return it for a new one?

If your answer is "no" to all of the above then you are a retailers dream.
    They can sell you what they like and you wont even bat an eyelid or even attempt to get the issue corrected.
    However most people feel it is their right to make a valid complaint, in fact the majority of the world feels this is justifed.