Thread: Are we still Betatester's

Angry Are we still Betatester's

and pay for it?

If I read al these Threads here i think it's true.

Maybe we all should cancel our accounts for a while and see whats FC do then.

Find me a MMOPRG that doesn't have bugs, cause I have yet to find one...and last time I checked all the released ones charged you to play. so I guess, if you play MMORPG's..your a pay to be tester

hehe. I know the fustration to seeing so many bugs, but seriously, find me a MMORPG that doesn't have them...I'll join you and play that one (as long as it's not fantasy...so sick of fantasy )
    AO is not just about pvp, or Rp or power lvling. It is about whatever the players choose to bring to it. Don't make it personal against one of these groups because you feel nerfed by the game company.

Atlantian: "Jesska Rhees" - lvl 153 Crat - retired
    Rimor: Krazee "Lilyflie" Madness - lvl 103 ENF - semi around again

Re: Are we still Betatester's

Originally posted by Feos

Maybe we all should cancel our accounts for a while and see whats FC do then.
    I agree with previous poster. Refer to one computer software company that has no bugs in their software, please.

Here is a nut for you to crack. Microsoft has plenty of bugs in their latest accomplishment for mentally incapable people, namely Windows XP, and they expect you to pay for their software. So does Funcom expect you to when you play this game, despite it is buggy or not, you are expected pay for the montly subscription as you play a game that is solely a multiplayer online game.

Feel free to cancel your account if you'd like. But please erase any installed software on your computer while you are at it, as they surely have a bug or two.

You're...

Not a software developer, are you? Or else you'd know the difference between a "bug" and a BUG. And a good bit of the bugs that FC is letting get out into AO are BUGS. Things that could be easily tested for, in some cases CRASH bugs. Now, I don't care about "Well, Windows crashes if you do this"...we all know MS is crap. But if I were to sign off on a release at my company, with the kind of bugs FC is letting get out, I would be fired on the spot. They release patch notes that don't enumerate all the new "love", they've claimed that stuff is fixed when it isn't, and they release patches with what appears to be not even the most rudimentary tests on their own end. That's software development like a CS undergrad or a "bunch of guys writing code", not like a company that's trying to compete directly with The Big Boys.

A hint from someone in the field: Bugs are not standard operating procedure. You heard me, it's not "standard" or "correct" to simply throw some code into an editor, recompile, run a diff, and make some patches. I agree with the first poster - I'm giving AO a few more months, and if I still feel like I'm paying to playtest a beta, I'll quit.

Arrow

In a sense, yes. Welcome to the wonderful world of
    MMOPRG s. Games of this type are never 'complete', new features means new bugs, some obvious, some subtle.

Of course, that doesn't mean we should get patches like 14.6 - but there were (saddly) other reasons for that calamity. Hopefully we'll see the next major patch concentrate on fixing as many of the bugs introduced by 14.6/14.7 as possible...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper