Thread: Who's Better?

Who's Better?

After reading through almost hundreds of posts in these forums, I still can't make up my mind.

Which proffession is the best at pvp?

So far i've been getting the idea that a trader is the best at duels. Soldiers and agents are good at mass pvp. Fixers are getting their butts handed to them by many other profs( Mostly by the new NT nano lines). And that eng's, MA's, and crats are just totally getting left in the dust.

Is this all stereotypical? Do any one of these twelve proffessions excel at mass pvp and duels all together? I would like your comments. I'm sure it would help out other n00bs such as me.

Traders and Doc for duel.
    Enforcers for Mass PvP and Duel.

Originally posted by Insida
    Traders and Doc for duel.
    Enforcers for Mass PvP and Duel.
    Enforcers for Mass PvP!? lemme be the first to say "BWUHAHAHAA!". I use a ql 156 flashpoint sometimes at 2ho if that says anything.. Note, I got my pvp title, Novice in mass PvP, but that's through alot of patience and title chasing.. and I get outdamaged by alphas alot (no pvp points) mostly I got my points chasing pegga around camelot as he tried to rush T lair .

Yeh but you gotta wait to be 190+ to be effective with your alpha as a soldier, and also you need HUGE patience to stay covered and only alpha people with title if thats what your going after.
    If its only for pvp, no title hunt then go enforcer, well made you pretty cool atm.
    Soldier is way too boring to level and you can be killed too easily if you make a single mistake.
    Infamine 200 soljah

Re: Who's Better?

Originally posted by Jakatta
    After reading through almost hundreds of posts in these forums, I still can't make up my mind.

So far i've been getting the idea that a trader is the best at duels. Soldiers and agents are good at mass pvp. Fixers are getting their butts handed to them by many other profs( Mostly by the new NT nano lines). And that eng's, MA's, and crats are just totally getting left in the dust.

Is this all stereotypical? Do any one of these twelve proffessions excel at mass pvp and duels all together? I would like your comments. I'm sure it would help out other n00bs such as me.
    With the new weapons and rage and challenger working as it does, I would say enforcer.

But the traders ability to take people out of the fight plus have crowd control and the other stuff they have would make them a good roll as well.

Wink

Why? So you can choose that prof and after that be sure you can beat anybody? Im quite sure that prof dont exist.

Can the combination of knowing the mechanics for all the profs and the deep knowledge of how your own profession be the key?

A: Whatever prof you invest enough time in learning.

Dinoq, one thing that i learned from the forums is that... it makes you really depressed and makes you want to reroll =P I was asking, for future refrence, which proffession an alt I could make so that i will be able to compete at high levels. The main I have now I play for fun. I would like to create another character for the enjoyment of pvping, that's all.

why did anybody respond to this? pvp is broken.
    211 Apprentice Fixer Wigz [gear]
    63 Enforcer Rarrr - Tankz()R!!!

Proud Veteran of Synergy Factor
    ARRRRR!!! Wigz Comics

Retired due to the intentional timesink design of AO.

very much depends on your level and playstyle. many professions change their face over the 200 levels of their life. also, i dont think any profession excells in both, team and solo pvp.

and items.. som professions need nice items to realy show ther real face in pvp and som dont (like traders :P)
    w00p w00p!!

NTs who havent aggroed anyone yet can do real nice damage in PvP. Wasnt there a fella who walked into Camelot as freshman and came out as Apprentice cos of area nukes ?
    Cauterized - NT parked at current lvl until the NT is fixed
    Mortalstrike - Former pvp twink Soldier - The original one

Best thing about sex is when you lay completely still in bed afterwards feeling all comfy and are counting the money.

I would like to create another character for the enjoyment of pvping, that's all.
    Well, i'm really just a newbie to pvp, but i think Traders, Enforcers, Soldiers and Fixer all seem to do pretty well at high levels, can't see how to much can go wrong leveling one of those for pvp.

But as someone said, it's just as much about playstyle too.. Personally i really like the ways Traders fight, must be a lot of different possibilities there...

Originally posted by tallistro
    very much depends on your level and playstyle. many professions change their face over the 200 levels of their life. also, i dont think any profession excells in both, team and solo pvp.

/me thinks u hit the nail on the head
    Supersoly lvl 220 Atrox Enforcer
    Fearthis lvl 200 Opi MA
    Tehsoly lvl 60 Atrox Enforcer

and a lvl 160+ sold...

Legion