Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new Engi shield should be self only

Hehe its you are the one who have problems people who want to nerf everthing they cant handle...
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Originally posted by Julia
    Drains should only buff trader and leave target unafected...
    Despite the fact that I have no idea what she means by the rest of her ramble, this is a good idea.

Might help Traders get the balancing they deserve.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

I didn't say to nerf anything, I was just giving you crap for that last post you made

I will cry...
    Rosbif Advocate for the enslavement of Octodogs as an alternative form of energy.

Originally posted by Nyleve
    k. nerf the engy shield but then

but then make following buffs self only:

He / Essense / Layers / RRFE / MoP / Doc HP buff / AC-buffs / Runspeed / NCU / Evades /mochams / wrangles

or in short.. make all buffs selfonly.

C'mon ppl give me a break. This shield is a sort of engy loving alot of ppl have asked for and its nice yes.. but its not uber. The team version is 3 specials. Which no engy can selfcast. A engy can max selfcast the 4 special nano self. Casting time is 40 seconds. Well uhm not a nano you really cast in a fight over and over again.

Fact is :
    A engy isn't uber at pvp at all even with that shield. They get a chance to stay alive but thats it. Their pets still don't do any damage which is uselfull at all.

Of course i can see a fixer whine which uses a gun with a 1 min recharge on his only special..

ENGY's DO DESERVE THAT BUFF!! But they need still alot more of loving.
    Ok, where again did i say engineer's dont deserve the ability to block multiple specials? Where did i say i wanted engineers nerfed and were too uber? My argument, has nothing to do with the engineer's reliability in pvp. It's the professions who soar much higher than them that are using this buff to go even higher on the food chain.

I will assume for now the comment about the fixer was directed at me, but if it wasn't, ill address it anyway.

If i have an engi attacking me and he blocks 6 of my specials which by the way, i don't use just a manex so my recharge may or may not be 1 minute depending on what gun im using, i won't be upset. The reason for this is that engineers cannot heal, they have a weakness to other things whereas a trader, doctor, fixer, and many of the top pvp professions do not have to worry about normal damage hitting them. However, i am sure that everyone in an opposing force will be po'd to all hell if they agree to attack a certain target, being a trader, the first target of all pvp combat, get the most damaging specials blocked by them and then the trader has bought time for his buddy to CH him while he drains everyone else.. To kill a trader you must land specials on them before they have the oppurtunity to drain your skills and minimize your damage, this of course is common sense. The engineer nano being buffed on them gives them all the time in the world to drain a whole army and blast their asses back into their tower or bunker. And im sure we'd see many 'nerf fixer' posts or even threads similar to the one i started on the 14.7 forum if i charged a whole army blocking the most deadly specials and managing to take out someone, allowing my comrades to advance with the defending team's specials wasted and myself, as a meatshield. The same can be said for several of the 'first target' professions. As of now, coping with the anti-GA nuke for me is getting some buddies to all target the NT and kill him so i am not risking a 3 second death. If an NT has this buff on it doesn't matter how many people attack him he can suck up the first wave of aimed shots, bursts or sneak's, and then use NSII rather use it at the beginning which would give the user more risk. Powerful professions don't need to be nerfed, but when they have the ability to survive the first wave of attacks that means they will destroy the attacking force in the end. And i don't even need to explain how folly battles will be if everyone on each side has this buff...You will see tens of seconds of no attacking text except for reflect damage and damage shields and the occasional crappy hit that is reduced to 13%-20% of what it wouldve been in pvm. Nyleve, as a soldier im sure you would be pissed if your whole alpha spammed back to you yellow messages indicating you did zero damage to the target, and then you get rooted, debuffed, drained and killed by people summing it up to the fact you didn't produce anything useful but being cannon fodder.

Making this buff self only is NOT a nerf to engineers. I would like to see these 2-3 line summarizers about 'dont nerf engi's' on this thread go a little more into rationalizing why they view it as such a thing. The only thing that makes this a nerf according to some is that 'engineers have nothing to offer if it is made self only.' So, expand! Engineers can get something else to compensate. UVC, ffok are self only buffs now, but youll want an MA for MoP. SMG buffs are self only, but you'll still want a fixer for HoTs and NCU in these days of bad technology regarding NCU with the introduction of more and more new buffs.

Example A of these posters described:

"Hehe its you are the one who have problems people who want to nerf everthing they cant handle..."

Adressing another point...There would be many more threads about making buffs self only if i had the option to buff my grid armor's stats on other people and at the same time make them immune to the anti-GA nuke NTs have recently gotten.

Making buffs self only helps professions. Now, MAs have the highest crit chance (Though meager), fixers have the highest SMG skill, and soldiers have the highest Assault Rifle skill with the self-only buffs. Speaking of soldiers, RRFE, soldiers have been wanting that buff self-only for ages now...And then, if it did get changed to self-only, *guess* who would whine?

The same people asking for this buff not to be outside castable would be the same people asking for nerfs on it if it was self only. I have learned this through much observation on the forums when professions recieve useful buffs, items, and changes to their professions...
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

It blocks 2-3 specials. (The engi buff for others.) How horrid.

It isn't the same as their SELF buff. Which blocks 6? (Forget.)

*yawn*

The headlines

Engineers need something to get invited to a team in the first place (otherwise the only PvP they would be doing would be duels).

Engineers get team 'special absorb' buff

News at 11
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

hehe really realistic with engies chain buffing people with that nano. 40 sec cast and horrid requirements and absorbing max 3 specials. GG Stromm, find another nerf-target.
    "Should start a combined raid/NW bot, where people get points if they help take down a clan base. Should be most effective." - Said by Waikase 14th of May 2003 in sarcasm to the appearance of the first raidbots on Rk1.

How the fark is it a nerf of engineers if this ability was made unique to them?

some ppl post just for the sake of calling someone a 'nerfer'
    meanwhile none of them have experienced what this is all about.
    Self-only on a great many buffs would help pvp. This new shield further complicates the situation... pvp is even more based on outside buffs than ever before...
    211 Apprentice Fixer Wigz [gear]
    63 Enforcer Rarrr - Tankz()R!!!

Proud Veteran of Synergy Factor
    ARRRRR!!! Wigz Comics

Retired due to the intentional timesink design of AO.

Yeah. I'm just looking forward to the engineers getting a team buff that absorbs the first 3 drains. That's gonna rock. Or maybe the first 3 nukes?

Originally posted by Noer
    hehe really realistic with engies chain buffing people with that nano. 40 sec cast and horrid requirements and absorbing max 3 specials. GG Stromm, find another nerf-target.

That still doesn't stop someone from parking their engi on a second account somewhere and refilling them with it. I understand you will not exactly be having one behind you refreshing it like a enforcer does with layers. But it is still possible to get it refreshed every once in a while. How about those neophytes that zone all easy, or run several seconds behind their forces? easy to get it refreshed there. And please, for hell's sake before you call me a 'nerf-targeter' give me one logical explanation why making this buff self only is a nerf on engineers?? For the 40th time already i have suggested giving engineers a new buff to compensate, and in my thread i did offer a second solution that i find funny no one responded to, this all is probably trademark of what Wigz described.

"Yeah. I'm just looking forward to the engineers getting a team buff that absorbs the first 3 drains. That's gonna rock. Or maybe the first 3 nukes?"

Same here, considering nukes and debuffs are the only other option of offensive power in pvp if you aren't an enforcer. I wonder how noer would react if there was an engineer buff that blocked 3 successfully landing drains??
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Originally posted by Flak "Stromm" Tempest

Same here, considering nukes and debuffs are the only other option of offensive power in pvp if you aren't an enforcer. I wonder how noer would react if there was an engineer buff that blocked 3 successfully landing drains??
    Not really much different from how it is today.
    "Should start a combined raid/NW bot, where people get points if they help take down a clan base. Should be most effective." - Said by Waikase 14th of May 2003 in sarcasm to the appearance of the first raidbots on Rk1.

Making it self only will not nerf the engies directly, but I agree with those that do not want them self only. Personally I hate self only buffs, prof only items etc. I just find it stupid that for example a soldier with 900 in pistol skill can't use a certain pistol because he can't morph others into animals.

But I guess that's just me...

Originally posted by Coldstrike
    Yeah. I'm just looking forward to the engineers getting a team buff that absorbs the first 3 drains. That's gonna rock. Or maybe the first 3 nukes?
    The buff it's in game for a long time. It's called rage (or high nano resist) + full defense

Originally posted by Zamolxis

The buff it's in game for a long time. It's called rage (or high nano resist) + full defense
    ¨
    Yeah, I'm waiting for the team version.

Crats have the group version for a long time :
    Motivational Speech: Implement Through Iteration too bad that it buffs the enemies also and it needs a higher version too as 120 NR doesn't really cut it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12