Thread: PvP on AO... is it really that bad?

Question PvP on AO... is it really that bad?

I've only been playing this game for about a month (yes i'm a newb, please, no flaming ;P) and I have heard a lot of opinions on the PvP in AO. Some say it is great fun, others say it is hopelessly broken. Some say that the Notum Wars will restore PvP on AO, others say it is merely a glorified patch that is a waste of money, because it focuses on PvP only, which is already so broken nothing can ever fix it. What is everybody's take on this? I wouldn't go so far as to say I couldnt' find ANYTHING to do when and if I hit lvl 200 if PvP was indeed no fun at all, but I'd be sorely disappointed.

ATM its pretty broken, multiple exploits thats FC do not bother to fix that makes it little enjoyable atm
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

Re: PvP on AO... is it really that bad?

Originally posted by Rejkavik
    What is everybody's take on this? I wouldn't go so far as to say I couldnt' find ANYTHING to do when and if I hit lvl 200 if PvP was indeed no fun at all, but I'd be sorely disappointed.

Before long Funcom will have to realize how uber it is Soldiers and NT's really are. Then will come the nerfing of soldiers and NT's. 99% of the time, a group of NT's can eliminate groups of Ma's, doctors, and any other professions that exist. And considering Funcom has given NT's a nano which pretty much goes around Grid armor, fixers in Grid armor don't stand much of a chance against the uberness that is Soldiers and NT's.

So if Funcom wants this Notum Wars patch to be any sort of success they will have to re-balance the soldier and NT profession to make them alot less powerful than they already are.

But unless they do, Notum Wars will be the turning point where everyone slowly re-rolls new professions... and you will see everywhere, nothing but Soldiers and NT's.

Re: Re: PvP on AO... is it really that bad?

Originally posted by MrBunny

Before long Funcom will have to realize how uber it is Soldiers and NT's really are. Then will come the nerfing of soldiers and NT's. 99% of the time, a group of NT's can eliminate groups of Ma's, doctors, and any other professions that exist. And considering Funcom has given NT's a nano which pretty much goes around Grid armor, fixers in Grid armor don't stand much of a chance against the uberness that is Soldiers and NT's.

So if Funcom wants this Notum Wars patch to be any sort of success they will have to re-balance the soldier and NT profession to make them alot less powerful than they already are.

But unless they do, Notum Wars will be the turning point where everyone slowly re-rolls new professions... and you will see everywhere, nothing but Soldiers and NT's.
    Are we playing the same game?

Are you calling for a nerf on the NTs???
    Jecc
    200 · Nano-Technician

Equipment

- Every level a player gets past 150, they will be punished with less and less people they can kill
    - Make pure PvP server. 25% suppression in major cities, 5% everywhere else. And no level restrictions.
    One of my ALL Time Favorite websites when I feel down (It's beyond hilarious!)
    ..::Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music::..
    (Disclaimer: My actions, views and comments on these boards in no way reflect my ingame personality)

Soldiers are Uber?
    New to me

I know soldier are good against some profs, but this is accepted by me, after all isnt a soldier a fighting prof?

Therefore they should be good at PvP

At least one thing in PvP is that no prof is able to beat all others, peeps say traders can, peeps "say", would like to see them beat an Enforcer with QB, EQB or rod of punishment as a Trader.

Its a lot easyer to say traders are invincible.....harder to prove it.
    Neophyte Louie "Jankkar" Strikz - 167 Evil Trader

Re: Re: Re: PvP on AO... is it really that bad?

Originally posted by Jekyll

Are we playing the same game?

Are you calling for a nerf on the NTs???
    NT's are a well balenced Profession think you would agree, i would'nt call for a NT nerf that would just be stupid, wouldnt give them a boost either.

Just right atm i think.

hahaha, a soldier is my class... no nerfing!!! But I do have to say, PvP at lvl 200 against other lvl 200s would be interesting... so far my only experience with PvP in this game has consisted of being mown down in the arena by people so twinked out it blurs my concept of reality.... :P

Originally posted by Rejkavik
    hahaha, a soldier is my class... no nerfing!!! But I do have to say, PvP at lvl 200 against other lvl 200s would be interesting... so far my only experience with PvP in this game has consisted of being mown down in the arena by people so twinked out it blurs my concept of reality.... :P
    Well when you mention it, I play a soldier too, and I think they got fixed at the right time. Although the right time being when I stopped playing soldier for a few months. So in reality, I don't think soldiers are overpowered. They got some of the fixes they've wanted for a year. So that's good.

But my soldier is well above level 100, and I think he's ok. Pvp wise. I think the most uber class would have to be Nt, agent, and enforcer at the moment.

I've played this game for almost a whole year. Next month is a year. I've noticed that the trend is that Fc will nerf make changes to a profession, nerf some others,... then do it again and again..
    It use to be MP's were pretty uber, and everyone would try to make an MP. Then Ma's, and everyone wanted to be an MA, and then with the patch now, everyone will want to be an enforcer.

So it's hard to say how pvp will be. Although knowing funcom, NW will be some kind of accident from Funcom developers. I mean, the last several patches in a row have gone with alot of bugs and alot of incidents.

But I hope you understand what I am saying, Because I forgot what I was trying to say. But I will click on submit reply anyway.

Don't PvP untill you are twinked, unless you like reclaim.

Sad but true

When I first started playing AO, i was kinda freaked by how many people there were playing (i realize a lotta people might disagree with me on whether or not a lot of people play this game, but i hailed from Dark Age of Camelot originally, where the maximum amount of people on my server at any one time was about 1200, counting people from other realms, whom you can't interact with save killing). I was pretty excited over all the FC talk about 'mass PvP' .... i dunno if this 'mass pvp' does indeed go on often or even at all, but judging from some problems i've seen with this game.... I have a decent vid card, a GeForce 4, i would have better but it's all i can find around the area where i live, and my framerate sucks just running by the bronto burger in omni 1 entertainment. I can't imagine being at one of these 'mass pvp' battles with 100+ people or however many attend.... 1 framerate per hour, maybe? ;P By the way, what is up with the framerate issues with this game? Is it just that AO requires a cpu so upgraded it defines Uberness?!

The only "Mass PvP Zone" with 100+ people is Camalot (Tara) and its an absolute lag fest.

Its so terible that ever time i go i die in a room with no one else in it.