Thread: FC want to make it more worthwhile to do tradeskills?

FC want to make it more worthwhile to do tradeskills?

1. significantly increase the amount of xp given for creation (triple the current amount at least)

2. Add mission booth specific for tradeskills

3. Add unique items to tradeskills

Add a tradeskill only mission booth. At this mission booth you will receive missions that ask you to make certain types of armor/weapon stims etc based on sliders and based on difficulty which would = skill lvl to create. You would have a set amount of time to make and deliver the goods to an NPC located xyxyxy location. The misison reward would be significant XP, significant cash (much more than regular mission to cover costs of creation) and an item.

The item that is created has your name stamp on it so that you could not get someone else to make for you.

Currently, there is no way to gain lvls or incentive to do tradeskills. Only high lvl players who have maxed their combat skills would consider raising tradeskills and then would spend the next 30 lvls gaining ips to do it.

This would allow a tradeskill based Engineer really be an engineer etc

What are your thoughts?
    Umm.. yes, i chose a crat.. i know.. WHY oh WHY?

Rocco Romble Eberling

Playing my alt Lakespeed like many other crats

Account Created 2001-06-28 3:08:07

well, cant write a long response, but a big bump for new tradeskills, and making them a reliable way to gain expirience. Funcom could learn alot from EAB.

i shall bump this thread everyday best idea ever and it would get me out of the god forsaken missions
    BettyRoss (A) dont ever turn yer back on a shady motha backstab4lyfe
    Gwend (A) The original complete healing engineer
    wtts :: prof ring quests

the "i dont need punctuation" army

Re: FC want to make it more worthwhile to do tradeskills?

Originally posted by Romble
    1. significantly increase the amount of xp given for creation (triple the current amount at least)

2. Add mission booth specific for tradeskills

3. Add unique items to tradeskills

Add a tradeskill only mission booth.
    The item that is created has your name stamp on it so that you could not get someone else to make for you.

I think the unique items for tradeskills are well not a good idea. No drop perhaps from a quest that can be done SOLO (yes funcom SOLO... so we don't have to get 30-40 people to kill The One for some engi armor or whatever profession you are)

Tradeskills mission booths would be nice if your looking for that QL200 piece to add to a sol or TT etc.
    Elbo - LVL 220 Top of the line: Supreme Creator Engineer

Making 5 Gem Saba Bracers! Give tell in game!
    Crat - LVL 209! Doc - LVL 170,MA - LVL 106,Fixer - LVL 103,Keeper - LVL 140,, MP - LVL 109, Shade - LVL 165
    QFT: 1800+. EE: 2400+. ME: 2400+. Chem: 1800+ WS: 1900+. Psychology: 1800 Pharm: 1800

Making QL300 AI Armor and Weapons!

agree with #1. Only bad thing might be if they make it too good people with a ton of cash can very quickly level alts by buying trade items from vendors and combining. It does need to increase though.

Don't know about #2. Think i would prefer them spend time to add player vendors in for tradeskillers to sell thier wears.

agree with #3. I'd like to see more armor upgrades like the CAS armor to start with.

As for E&B comment, the amount of exp you got from making items was accually very poor and it was even reduced some in the last phase of beta. Majority of the trade exp came from selling items to vendors including trade supply runs.

Bump!

... and highlevels with lots of cash have better means of leveling up players then though trade skills.

Why not let people level though trade skills. Rubi-Ka is desperately missing people mostly interested in trade skills and socializing.

I know .. someone will say it's stupid that you can become a good fighter through trade skills but isn't it equally stupid that you have to kill things inorder to advance your trade?

bumpers
    BettyRoss (A) dont ever turn yer back on a shady motha backstab4lyfe
    Gwend (A) The original complete healing engineer
    wtts :: prof ring quests

the "i dont need punctuation" army

Thumbs up I want to be able to spend a day doing tradeskills and not go broke!

Bump

Let us start doing tradeskills at level 1, I don't care if it takes longer to level than teaming, make it equivilant to soloing a mob the similar level, or make it cheap enough and valuable enough to make a modest living, like cheaper med kits or something.

An item made with tradeskills should cost 1/4 what the shop charges for an equivilant item at least.

Only way to generate enough action for tradeskillers to make it viable is make it easy to build common items that people buy all the time.

2 things spring to mind here:

1. 1st aid and treatment kits (nano and health)
    2. Clusters for implants

If these could be built at 1/2 the cost they are in shops (and to any ql 1-200 you desired - an important point for the 1st aid and treatment kits) they would be in demand.

Make each one a 2 step process - each step using 2 skills (so making of each requires 4 skills) so people who wanted to do this would have to spend a fair amount of ip to do it. Increase the xp you get from current tradeskilling but maybe not hugely as you'd be doing quite a bit of it.

Hey presto - tradeskilling becomes viable again

bump

they need to make tradeskill items seriously bad-ass, enough that there are more tradeskills in demand than nanoprogramming for implant creation.

I think the concept of making **** is cool enough that I made a new alt, explicitely for tradeskills, but for those people that have traders, fixers or other tradeskill heavy professions as their mains, they have to feel gimped in relation to other classes for every IP they sink into their tradeskills.
    Last edited by The Evil Couch; Dec 1st, 2002 at 03:12:09.

Ive ben praying for them to make it possible to level solely off of trades for a long time so i can IPR my pistol and the rest of the CRAP i gotta invest in. goodluck with them listening, id reset my nanos as well, who needs a slayer if you can be a true tinker, id be happy building a c3po off of base stats:P

I think increasing xp from tradeskills is a great idea, and i'm just a soldier. Seems like xp is ok for really low levels, but at higher levels teh xp is completely insignificant.

the xp for tradeskills is a joke, and might as well not even be there. 1k per step of ql200 implants, meanwhile it takes me 23 million XP to level.