Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crowd Limit system

Crowd Limit system

"Where it is relevant - that is in Land Control areas: We will monitor the number of attackers and defenders and try to make it 50/50"

Ok, I know I'm the master of the obvious, but lets say I want to take out an omni base. The first thing me and my guild should do, is to send in 40-45 omni rerolls to fill up their "Share" of the zone, then we will be pretty much left alone to kill off their towers, while they keep spawning into random areas where your system feels suited?

Sounds like a great idea. That's storyline and game content for ya!

Lich × Finalizer × Dictator × Vanguard × Techno Arch-Wizard × Godfather × Eternalist × Saviour × Deity × Guru

'People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use' - Kierkegaard

Lol You're bashing them for YOUR lame tactics? Have you got a better alternative to their system?
    Screw baby Jesus, level limits make ME cry.

Yea.. not have a crowd control system.
    ~Chris

Originally posted by Arithus
    Lol You're bashing them for YOUR lame tactics? Have you got a better alternative to their system?
    MY lame tactics? Ok, listen, I'm not a priest, so I can't live in a want-to-believe world, I have to live in this thing called reality. It is a fact that this will be done, so why not just realize it? That's one of the most stupid replies I've ever gotten on forums, and trust me, that says alot.

Lich × Finalizer × Dictator × Vanguard × Techno Arch-Wizard × Godfather × Eternalist × Saviour × Deity × Guru

'People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use' - Kierkegaard

the crowd control system

is not only hard to manage it also shows us in what state the client is in
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

Re: Crowd Limit system

Originally posted by eaze
    "Where it is relevant - that is in Land Control areas: We will monitor the number of attackers and defenders and try to make it 50/50"

Ok, I know I'm the master of the obvious, but lets say I want to take out an omni base. The first thing me and my guild should do, is to send in 40-45 omni rerolls to fill up their "Share" of the zone, then we will be pretty much left alone to kill off their towers, while they keep spawning into random areas where your system feels suited?

Sounds like a great idea. That's storyline and game content for ya!
    Erm...actually the way I read the explanation the system is specifically designed to stop that tactic from working. The full quote was:
    Where it is relevant - that is in Land Control areas: We will monitor the number of attackers and defenders and try to make it 50/50.

This means that a big force crowding together from one "side" (i.e. attackers) will not stop the other side (defenders) from getting into the area.

But additional characters from the attackers will not get in.

As defenders move in, and the sum of characters is above the legal limit - attackers will actually be moved out. (And vice versa.)
    So what would happen is as the defenders moved in to respond to your attack, the system would:
    1. lock out any new attackers from entering
    2. start moving out already existing attackers till the correlation of forces were near 50/50.

Unfortunately for you, that would leave your attack force consisting of rerolled placeholders facing a serious defense force. Hrm...you'd make a heck of a strategist for the defenders
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

omg.. you're in Nemesis, Ill? LMAO!
    ~Chris

eh?

the way i understand it is that they spam the defender with rerolls from THEIR side.

this tactic would be devasting if used from large guilds against smaller ones.

so in order to be anything but a total laughing stock the crowd control system has to sift through the people and keep people in the same pvp range inside.

also how do you judge say a trader twink? is he worth 2 crats?

see how dumb this is?

gone now. byebye.

Re: eh?

Originally posted by Blackwing
    the way i understand it is that they spam the defender with rerolls from THEIR side.

this tactic would be devasting if used from large guilds against smaller ones.

so in order to be anything but a total laughing stock the crowd control system has to sift through the people and keep people in the same pvp range inside.

also how do you judge say a trader twink? is he worth 2 crats?

see how dumb this is?
    Why no start with keeping the defenders that are actually in the same org as the tower owner. Cuts down on a lot of sifting on the defenders side.

After that, you'll notice that FC has been extremely quiet on how the system works completely. Prolly to keep people from attempting to exploit the system.

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

Re: Re: Crowd Limit system

Unfortunately for you, that would leave your attack force consisting of rerolled placeholders facing a serious defense force. Hrm...you'd make a heck of a strategist for the defenders
    You're a slow learner, aren't you? The rerolls I'm talking about is OFCOURSE of the oposite faction (equal to those controlling the tower), thus your comment ends up being quite brainless, don't you think?

Ofcourse, you could define defenders = org, and attackers = everyone else, but that would totally make Tower wars f*cked up, since the major bases will never be just one guild vs another.

Re: Re: Re: Crowd Limit system

You're a slow learner, aren't you? The rerolls I'm talking about is OFCOURSE of the oposite faction (equal to those controlling the tower), thus your comment ends up being quite brainless, don't you think?

Ofcourse, you could define defenders = org, and attackers = everyone else, but that would totally make Tower wars f*cked up, since the major bases will never be just one guild vs another.
    No, not a slow learner...Just your strategy was vague as hell.

How about we wait and see just what the crowd limiting system does? Unless you're talking from actual experience with the system, have tried this, and seen that it works. Which I doubt

Re: Re: Re: Re: Crowd Limit system

...lets say I want to take out an omni base. The first thing me and my guild should do, is to send in 40-45 omni rerolls to fill up their "Share" of the zone...
    Originally posted by Kuroshio
    No, not a slow learner...Just your strategy was vague as hell.
    Thats not vague at all imho. Clear and to the point actually.

Epoz

thing is if you assume this thing to work

you are assuming it would indeed check upon the guild allegiance of the people defending.

and it cannot be made to distinguish between the allegiances of the same side because elsewise defence pacts are out of the window and only üba guilds can own and defend a tower (not that it is not that way with or without the system lol).

think about it:
    say 2 medium guilds with like 30 or so semi active players band together so they have at least 4-5 people online at any given time who could rush to their towers (pretty optimistic guess but hey). if the crowd control system only checks against the number of players from each side (omni, clan maybe even neutral woot) there is zero thing keeping the attacker from flooding the area with lvl 1 pricks who just stand around filling up the area.

if it does note your guild allegiance the med guilds are screwed anyway because they cannot field a standing force large enough to repel any semi interested üba bully guild.

the only thing limiting say storm and tempests towers will be the max number of towers each guild is allowed to keep and nothing else. if you think anything else you are a extremely optimistic.

edit:
    also the relevant worth of a profession in pvp changes as levels go by. a low level soldier or any level crat for instance is worth zip compared to the better pvp classes.

we have seen in the video how funcom envisions notum wars pvp to be: some dudes stand 10 feet appart and dish it out until one goes down. so what about the non tank classes?

do they count fully for the crowd control system?

then i have yet another reason not to buy notum wars as my highest level char is a crat who will only take a valuable trader slot in pvp thus dragging the chances of my guild accomplishing anything down instead of up.

it is irrelevant any way you turn it.

speak after me: as a casual to semi casual small to medium level guild you do not have a chance of repelling an attacking force!
    Last edited by Blackwing; Nov 28th, 2002 at 15:07:59.

gone now. byebye.

Re: thing is if you assume this thing to work

you are assuming it would indeed check upon the guild allegiance of the people defending.

and it cannot be made to distinguish between the allegiances of the same side because elsewise defence pacts are out of the window and only üba guilds can own and defend a tower (not that it is not that way with or without the system lol).

think about it:
    say 2 medium guilds with like 30 or so semi active players band together so they have at least 4-5 people online at any given time who could rush to their towers (pretty optimistic guess but hey). if the crowd control system only checks against the number of players from each side (omni, clan maybe even neutral woot) there is zero thing keeping the attacker from flooding the area with lvl 1 pricks who just stand around filling up the area.

if it does note your guild allegiance the med guilds are screwed anyway because they cannot field a standing force large enough to repel any semi interested üba bully guild.

the only thing limiting say storm and tempests towers will be the max number of towers each guild is allowed to keep and nothing else. if you think anything else you are a extremely optimistic.

edit:
    also the relevant worth of a profession in pvp changes as levels go by. a low level soldier or any level crat for instance is worth zip compared to the better pvp classes.

we have seen in the video how funcom envisions notum wars pvp to be: some dudes stand 10 feet appart and dish it out until one goes down. so what about the non tank classes?

do they count fully for the crowd control system?

then i have yet another reason not to buy notum wars as my highest level char is a crat who will only take a valuable trader slot in pvp thus dragging the chances of my guild accomplishing anything down instead of up.

it is irrelevant any way you turn it.

speak after me: as a casual to semi casual small to medium level guild you do not have a chance of repelling an attacking force!
    You saw in a video some dudes standing 10 feet apart and dishing out damage till the tower falls. You never stopped to wonder where the tower's defenders were?

your point being?

watch the video again and ask me again should you want to but i think it is pretty clear.

gone now. byebye.

Re: your point being?

watch the video again and ask me again should you want to but i think it is pretty clear.
    Actually what is your point? Besides attempting to make everyone as miserable as you apparently are?

You're highlest level character is a crat and you can't see any way to contribute to your org in a tower battle? My lowest level Alt is a crat and I can see using AoE calms against attackers for the init debuffs (which a doctor can't do: AoE init debuff). I can see using motivational and demotivation speeches to tilt the odds in my org's favor as well. I know any pet I bring onto the field will get rooted. But I can still nuke and I can still AoE root and I can still cause damage with a weapon.

The specifics of how the system chooses who leaves has not been given out. Yet you act like you already know what's going to happen. Based on what? I mean other than your low view of the game in general. Have fun with SWG, Blackwing...while you can. SOE/Verant isn't anywhere near as flexible as Funcom is on their features. And you're going to run smack into something you don't like and be miserable there as well. Cept nobody will listen to you and SOE will likely gag you after a while

whatever

you have seriously researched your posts and actually seen through me.

i tremble in awe.

i have not, nor will i in the near future say anything positive about verant or swg and this is the only thing i will reply to your bait. watch out or you will simply get ignored and how to share your views then?

i fail to see any tactics or strategy involved in the video. would you care to explain what you saw there?

i and the rest of the not so optimistic people here base their points upon logic, common sense and funcoms track record.

your turn again.

gone now. byebye.

the crowd limiting system seems like a good idea to me. of course theres going to be people that will try to exploit it, there always is isnt there? i mean come on its kinda expected.

my question is say they do get it up and working. will they impliment it in other playfields? say......Camalot?
    Lord "Devildawg"
    Loyal Veteran of Legion

The Fixer
    The MA

Abandon all hope, all ye who enter here.

MY lame tactics? Ok, listen, I'm not a priest, so I can't live in a want-to-believe world, I have to live in this thing called reality. It is a fact that this will be done, so why not just realize it? That's one of the most stupid replies I've ever gotten on forums, and trust me, that says alot.
    I don't really care that you don't live in a want-to-believe world, I, for one, wouldn't participate in that sort of thing , I play the game for fun, not just to find new ways to abuse FC's crappy engine design. And while, yes, the crowd control system honestly has a lot of potential to suck outright and be abused, I would definately prefer it to simply lagging out because AO is trying to load every texture of every item under everyone's trenchcoats.
    Screw baby Jesus, level limits make ME cry.

Have you thought about missioning in BS for example?

You go in your team makes a mistake and you are forced to leave mission area or be killed...

Now comes the Crowd Control System and dont let you zone...

Or am i wrong????

Happy Reclaiming...
    You want fire! I give you some...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast