Thread: Changes on Rubi-Ka...

Thumbs up Changes on Rubi-Ka...

Nice going so far Funcom. It's nice to have a world around us that feels like its got a real politcal climate...

Keep up the good work...
    "Maybe Funcom should move 1000 AO players into Clon****, lock down the zone and make dyeable armor to attract more players?"

A DaoC player defending AO

What the hell are you talking about?
    "By the way, if anyone here is in marketing or advertising: kill yourself." --Bill Hicks
    "Have we turned into gerbils? People are paying money to walk up invisible steps over and over again." --Dennis Leary

Humm

LoL, .. Mrs...
    WOW .. beer please. Keep the change and can i buy you a car!

He's saying the political climate is changing. Mostly in reaction to the Dust Brigade's apparent bombing of the apartment complex. Leaked information that Omni-Tek has broken off negotiations with the Council of Truth were pretty much verified by a Council statement.

In the game, the guards are not longer running around inviting everyone to join their side anymore. They are pretty much telling the opposing faction that they are unwelcome in certain area. The original poster probably sees dark clouds on the horizon.

~hesitantly optomistic~

I agree with Hiero's post. If you guys wanna be negative go to one of the whining threads (there are plenty).

But the high volume of news stuff seems to be pointing at SOME activity soon...

Yes, if the politics are changing thats good. Make sure things are happening at a higher pace then before and one might not quit after all...

Though I still would like an official comment on what the plans are for the rest of the story...
    I wrote my question elsewhere at the forums.

Also it would be nice on some comments on the large amounts of constructive suggestions coming from all our critics...
    Father Chagidiel
    High priest in The Church of OmniTek

Wow, didn't see this coming!

Come on... what else did you expect?

Of course, the pace is all wrong. One thing every few months won't really get me interested in it. Bombing then a month of nothing. Now failing amnesty, and probably a month of nothing (oh wait, they are filtering water! hurray)

So can someone explain what might make this "Good"?

It's something... but it certainly isn't good.

I'm guessing this is Funcom's goal. Give us nothing, then we'll be praising them when they give us sparse bits of junk for the next few years. Oh well... I could say "I told you so" but well... I just did.

hey

would anything less than 24 hour support make you happy fallout? Oh wait I know the answer. That wouldn't be enough.

Oh yeah you don't want anyone else to be happy either...forgot that part.
    Last edited by Windie; Jan 17th, 2002 at 07:42:35.

Re: hey

Originally posted by Windie
    would anything less than 24 hour support make you happy fallout? Oh wait I know the answer. That wouldn't be enough.
    Well, there is a difference between 24 hours and twice a month. Oh wait, you already knew that and where just being anal about it.

*sigh*

I know I"m being obnoxious, but I"m trying to make a point.

I KNOW its not 24 hours, but story support is happening again, and some people are happy. But I guess thats unacceptable to some of you.

Anyways this is good. No story is bad. Some story isn't great, but its good. A lot of story would be wonderful, and we can hope Funcom might have learned some lessons from this whole deal (even I can admit that the last story lull was unacceptable). Choose to accentuate the positive, and in general you'll be more happy.

(P.S. I hate doing this I really do, but its important to give some alternative viewpoint from the repetetive drone of the whiners)