Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Launch postponed one day

Exclamation Launch postponed one day

Due to distribution delays and Thanksgivings, we have decided to delay the opening of The Notum Wars to Friday, November 29th. You can read more about it here.

Friday eh? That's all well and good as long as you have a staff working the weekend. Otherwise expect alot of angry posts by people who have time off and don't know what to do with themselves but play AO.
    ~Streaz~
    "Self Proclaimed Fixer God since Jan 2002"

Note: This account was stolen from me by someone I thought I could trust. I didn't realize what was going on untill someone from my guild contacted me and let me know what was happening. Funcom was gracious enough to give the account back to me, the original owner, but the account is deactivated for the time being and my main concern was just getting it out of the hands of an unsavory character. Sorry for the drama.

-Streaz

Yo, streaz18, shorten your signature a bit, please.

On topic, I'll be around during the weekend to try keep people updated, and I hear people on the dev team discussing weekend work earlier today. I'm sure we'll have people around.

hmm , weekend work ? pffft

If all NW is is unlocking what u have already patched into the game then the biggest worry i would have is "WTH is my copy ! "

Nice of em to think about staying the weekend though and im gearing up to Take down a few peoples towers If you happen to see a doc spaming " The End is Near !" then u best run for cover

Originally posted by Cz
    Yo, streaz18, shorten your signature a bit, please.
    Bah! Foiled again!
    ~Streaz~
    "Self Proclaimed Fixer God since Jan 2002"

Note: This account was stolen from me by someone I thought I could trust. I didn't realize what was going on untill someone from my guild contacted me and let me know what was happening. Funcom was gracious enough to give the account back to me, the original owner, but the account is deactivated for the time being and my main concern was just getting it out of the hands of an unsavory character. Sorry for the drama.

-Streaz

hmmm...
    Game registration and access will now open on Friday, November 29th at 9am GMT instead of Thursday as previously announced

This is still not going to help ANYONE in the US...no mail/deliveries will take place on Thursday because it's a national holiday...so if NW is not in the stores on Wednesday, then we will have to wait until later on Friday for shipments to hit the Stores, people to stock the shelves, etc. BEFORE we can buy it.

Guess what...9am GMT is 4am EST and about 6 hours before Stores open...add another 4 hours for Fedex/UPS to deliver and at least 1 hour before shelves are stocked! So...about 8pm GMT the lucky US players on the East coast may get online with NW...11 hours after it goes live...how many playfields will still be available...NOT many!!

Might as well wait until Monday and give everyone the same chance

Thank you Funcom!

Sounds good..

/Mordien - pre-ordered at the local store *can't wait*

well considering that its not in stores in my area today and they now say friday, i guess i wont be getting it til next week, because in case you guys didnt know FC, the day after Thanksgiving is the busiest shopping day of the year and i dont feel like standing in line for 2 hours to buy one 20$ piece of software.

a little more planning would seem to have been in order

and the day after friday is a holiday in some other country, so is monday etc, so basicly they can never launch NW...
    Jamesdum President of Ragnarok
    Jamespond Member of Ragnarok
    Jamespond2 Member of Ragnarok

Want to join Ragnarok?

Quote on BrutalThug
    Because we have spy's in EVERYONE's guild so we can plan the attack while you sleep !! yeah ! hmm we clearly need to rename the guild to "nordic echelon"

Angry update...

the local stores never received any copies of NW today, so the next chance is 3pm EST Friday

WTG FC...wait until the last minute to release NW...on a holiday to boot

Originally posted by ShaZamm
    hmmm...
    Game registration and access will now open on Friday, November 29th at 9am GMT instead of Thursday as previously announced

This is still not going to help ANYONE in the US...no mail/deliveries will take place on Thursday because it's a national holiday...so if NW is not in the stores on Wednesday, then we will have to wait until later on Friday for shipments to hit the Stores, people to stock the shelves, etc. BEFORE we can buy it.

Guess what...9am GMT is 4am EST and about 6 hours before Stores open...add another 4 hours for Fedex/UPS to deliver and at least 1 hour before shelves are stocked! So...about 8pm GMT the lucky US players on the East coast may get online with NW...11 hours after it goes live...how many playfields will still be available...NOT many!!

Might as well wait until Monday and give everyone the same chance
    Holiday? What holiday? No holiday for me.

Oh gee, you might not be the first one to claim a playfield. Now, if you can log on during those 11 hours (or however long it might be), did you think about knocking down other people's towers? Trying to keep the playfield free for when you have the chance to set up?

And if you can't play in that time, and so have no chance to knock down others' towers, then you have no chance to set up your own, so what's the difference when it comes out?

Think before you complain. You don't have to be the first with everything, you know.
    My Main - Actionpete of the Red Tigers

And with one sweeping blow, Letah pwns everyone. :-D - Razishlyat, Nano Regen rate

The Shadowlands Perk System - "Are you feeling perky yet?"

On the Shadowlands Perk System:-
    Originally posted by OneChrisN
    Frankly we don't know anyting about it other that it's there and Enforcers can kick people in the nuts.

Originally posted by ShaZamm
    how many playfields will still be available...NOT many!!
    Hmmm maybe you will have to fight for your space to put up your towers then....

Wasn't that the idea of notum wars?
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

Unhappy My thoughts ...

I can't believe I am saying this .. but I really wish you would delay until 12/1. The fact of the matter is that most retail stores in the US do not have it in stock. I really ~wish~ you had been able to get it in stores by the biggest shopping day of the year, but it didn't happen. Face facts and delay registration until a point where at least a third of the players who are interested can purchase it. I live in a large east coast city in the US and I am told that it will be arriving in stores until the 30th. I am saddened when I think of the few who have the booster who will be offering their services to the highest bidder so that a few orgs can pick out the best tower locations before the majority of players can register.
    - Szentasha
    Leader of Unity of the Rose

AOScripter 2.0 If you need a script, you need AOScripter!

*** Remove Social Armor Restrictions Today !!!

This whole release date mess is rather funny.

First the Non-Americans are screaming because they think they can't get NW until December, and now Americans are screaming because FC decides to delay NW implementation for one day, but that particular day won't help.

And its true. Both factions should be upset. The whole idea of Notums wars being available in stores (not for download) is for AO promotion. FC would have a much better profit margin by selling the game by downloads. But then the boxes don't show up in stores and the clerks aren't talking about the game. This is about marketing and advertising, and trying to make the retailers happy.

So, why not please both worlds? Get the darn boxes into the stores before the biggest shopping day in the world (American--the day after Thanksgiving). And, set the NW 'implementation date' to a time when many people will have the game already. I don't think two days after an announcement appears on the AO site is enough time. Especially since it may be true that people who build first will have an advantage.

Why did it just suddenly occur to FC that they could sell their darn 'keys' well before allowing people to play the game? I'm not the most experienced gamer, so I assumed that I could buy the game in a store on the release date. Wrong! It is also funny that the FC website doesn't appear to have an announcement of the release. Today is the first official announcement I have seen, and it was to announce a delay, not to announce release. Sorry, am I blind? Did I miss the first announcement? FC's site still says 'Coming Soon.' That is totally hilarious!

So, why didn't FC put their shiny boxes of buggy code that will be patched anyway on the store shelves a week ago? At the same time, they announce that an implementation date will be planned ASAP, as soon as they are sure everyone has a chance to buy the game. Wow, that would have been a good PR move, and would have allowed them to delay implementation for 'humanitarian' reasons. What is so important about making the release date and the implementation date coincide so closely?

This is terrible strategic planning. People will get mad, people will complain. And it really could have been forseen. Sure, people will ALWAYS complain, but the complaints can be minimized with some forethought and a little common sense. Too bad this doesn't seem to be the case with the NW release.

I hope the game is fun. I'm going to buy it, and I am going to play it. I'll try not to whine too much.

Typothetae

Both EB and babbages don't have it in my area( upstate new york ) and they have no idea when its going to be in stores. Their computers say it should be in but they aren't getting any in their shipments. It also seems that UPS and FedEx are delayed because of the holiday so they wouldn't have them in stock till at least friday night( thats what the guy at babbages said ). I wonder who will have its by the time it goes online.

Also no one at either store knew what anarchy online was, they told me that NW was in but it turned out to be the special edition. You would be best off selling the game online because these people only care about console games. It not just anarchy online, the salespeople don't know about any games unless they starts with Madden or Halo.

P.S. I don't care if those in europe gets it first( you guys should since you always get the shaft in terms of releases, at least neocron was realeased there first ), just post your comments on the booster and leave us some areas ).
    Last edited by Graukonig; Nov 28th, 2002 at 07:49:00.

pls delay til 4th dezember!

everybody should have a chance to control some piece of land.

whats the point there?

Hmm so people in the USA or that part, cannot play straight away, you're gonna have an 11 hour delay. Shame Sorry but why? How many times have Euros been shafted when US Based games were released? DAoC was a US release only, Euro had to pre-order then wait the 2-3 days for the game to arrive. UO implemented the new worlds at 4am GMT, good move. EQ ws more often than not patched at prime time GMT, good move for them as their base was mainly US and we would not want to disrupt their playtim eh?

If you or your Org is so bothered about having the prime locations, use your brains, go recruit some Euros, show em where you want your Controllers, pay em the creds, make them some implants and hope they beat the other Euros to the locations.

Or

Wait till you got your copy, gather your forces, go take the land that someone already placed controllers on .. hmm that is the concept no?

Anyhows let's face it, there will be bugs, there will be patches, heck may even be roll-backs, who knows, so just because we have an 11 hour advantage dont nessa-celery (sp ) mean much
    as far as any true advantages go.
    Pecka Lvl 180+ Soldier RK2 ~~ Imminent retirement ~~
    Hottbuns Lvl 90+ Doctor RK2
    Peckka Trader with original naming policy, 160+
    Alvar 110+ Meatshield

available on 5.december...

11 hours....?

lol

Wait wait! I have business away from home for two days next week! Delay implementation/activation of NW until Wednesday! If you don't it'll ruin the game! The game is doooooomed!

Heh.

Well since UK players (and Europe?) dont seem to be able to even get hold of the game until the 6th of Dec (and I think thats when the Warehouses get it, not neccessarily the shops) putting it back a day is not really going to help...........
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast