Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: traders are overpowered - justify already !!

Abid killed a soldier without drains, and ?
    do we kill classes without drains on a regular bases ?

go try high-level mass-pvp with a trader without draining, then you could come cry here about something you KNOW

nerf ignorants, thx
    neophyte Kromoz 200 gimp

yes traders eat babies

Its so funny to see Noer, Rznr, and the rest of the PvPing traders come on these boards and talk about how they shouldn't be nerfed.

Nerfmeee is creeping up in levels now, I can't wait for him to jump on these boards and start with the "traders aren't uber biz".

You guys can talk all the nonesense about traders being underpowered and NT's, soldiers or whoever being overpowered. The majority of the player base knows that in PvP traders are overpowered, and your **** talking and what not will not change that.

Read my poll ffs, no one cares about Noer talking **** to people who say traders need a nerf. No one cares when he says that its the same 5 or 5 blah blah blah. No one cares when traders on these boards say they can't heal, when everyone sees them healing themselves just fine in pvp zones. No one cares when they say that everyone counters their debuffs when everyone else knows how easy it is for themselves to be debuffed. No one cares that you say that traders aren't dangerous in mass pvp, because everyone who does take part in mass pvp knows that when a trader is there they take out tons of people from the fighting equation.

Now I've been hearing more and more about how uberNT's are in ass pvp situations, because of AE nuke and blinds. Very simple here, we are supposed to be dishing out major damage, that is what every description of the NT has said from day one, in any book, on any site. The trader was never meant to be this insanely powerful player of destruction, never coming close to say, a soldier, in damage. Yet because of an obvious design flaw, and a playerbase that is so damn impossible to take a nerf in favor of balance, they have stayed with only a nerf to heals which FFS, you traders were saying wasn't unbalanced back then.

yeh it was funny as heck to read the trader forum after the heal nerf : P

"waahhhh my class is nerfed"
    "wahhhh were useless you nerfed us so bad"
    "waahhhh why did i lvl so high just to be a gimp"
    "waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

it was terrible. you guys were outhealing docs easily, people would easily have chosen a trader over a doc anyday for team missiosn cause traders could outheal them.

when it rightfully got adjusted my god you made a stink. you can't see past the fog in front of you after a year of being gods... its like a drug induce haze.

the same people that said they would quit cause your heals were "nerfed so as a doc was a better healer then you" are now killing everyone in pvp with your only "great" heals and
    "not overpowering at all" drains.
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

Originally posted by Piercingevil
    You guys can talk all the nonesense about traders being underpowered
    no, I'm saying we are not overpowered, witch is not the same as saying we are under-powered

and NT's, soldiers or whoever being overpowered.
    didn't said that either, soldiers need love, that's what I've always agreed.
    and yes, NT are just as annoying as we are in mass-pvp

everyone
    else knows how easy it is for themselves to be debuffed.
    [/B]
    no, only traders know. You can't imagine how my debuffs are countered (not by soldiers with crappy NR though )

No one cares that you say that traders aren't dangerous in mass
    pvp,
    I'm dangerous in mass pvp, such as most profs are and all should be

because everyone who does take part in mass pvp knows that when a trader is there they take out tons of people from the fighting equation.
    no we don't, NT blinding and AOE nukking 20 peeps at the same time are, but me lol, there's no way I can remove 10 or 20 persons of the "fighting equation"

Now I've been hearing more and more about how uberNT's are in ass pvp situations, because of AE nuke and blinds.
    see above

Very simple here, we are supposed to be dishing out major damage, that is what every description of the NT has said from day one, in any book, on any site. The trader was never meant to be this insanely powerful player of destruction, never coming close to say, a soldier, in damage.
    HAAAAAAA here is the point
    so NT and soldiers are allowed to dish out a lot of damges, being dangerous, but traders are not ?
    LOLOLOL sorry
    so what's next ? only NTs, enfs, soldiers and MAs are allowed to kill players ? ho let's make an arena for damage-dealers-allowed-only
    the other 8 "support" professions should just heal, root, calm, whatever, just "support" and not kill some uggly hmm .... omnis ?
    well I don't know where you read that, I personnaly never saw it
    every class can equip a good gun and doo damages, the difference between classes are nanos and skill's cost/cap, not the ability to dish out major damages

I'm a NT (same with soldiers), I should be the best damage dealer in game !
    Nerf all those who can eventually do better than me, it's not fair , I read it in my 3 pages manual 18 month ago !!!

hmm sorry no
    Last edited by Kromoz; Dec 4th, 2002 at 02:04:01.
    neophyte Kromoz 200 gimp

yes traders eat babies

No our point is that soldiers are based on offense and defense because we have green weapon skills and all of our nanos are based around offense and defense. our tradeskills are blue.

a trader has green tradeskills comp lit etc... and blue weapon skills. and a trader has tradeskill buffs.

logically the proffesion that has green weapon skills and nano's based on offense and defense would be stronger at combat and the proffession that has green tradeskills and tradeskill buffs would be better at tradeskills and not as good at combat.

as it stands a trader can own a soldier combatwise and has the green tradeskill and tradeskill buffs....

if your complaining about playing a class that isnt combat oriented and feel you should be then why did you choose a class based around tradeskills more then any other?

it is very obvious the designers meant the trader to be weak at combat because for one it used to say that in the manual and 2, all your nanos are based on calming and charming and non direct combat buffing.
    Legion

-
    Sir Winston Churchill

... too much to quote ...
    Actually, i couldnt give a damn whatever theyre gonna do with the divest/plunders since i hardly pvp anymore. Nor have i ever said that NT/Soldiers were overpowered.

This thread is too funny to stop, please continue.

Originally posted by Kromoz
    No, I'm saying we are not overpowered, witch is not the same as saying we are under-powered
    Well then I assume you are saying you are fine the way you are. Surely you understand that this thread is saying that isn't the case.

didn't said that either, soldiers need love, that's what I've always agreed. and yes, NT are just as annoying as we are in mass-pvp.
    Well I here the arguement that you aren't uber, and soldiers and others kill you. Since most agree that the trader is the most uber in pvp, if you say that its easy for a soldier, etc. to kill you, I just take that as you saying they are uber.

no, only traders know. You can't imagine how my debuffs are countered (not by soldiers with crappy NR though )
    MM, your 100% NR line has lower NR then our normal nukes. Most of our nukes are 110%. Once again, tell everyone who gets debuffed every single time they fight a trader that you can counter them easy.

I'm dangerous in mass pvp, such as most profs are and all should be
    Damn right. And thats my point. You guys are #1 in duels, bar none. You guys are somewhere in the top in mass pvp, as you can target the docs, take them out. Target the whatever, take them out.

no we don't, NT blinding and AOE nukking 20 peeps at the same time are, but me lol, there's no way I can remove 10 or 20 persons of the "fighting equation"
    Blinding is nothing but a nuicense, it doesn't dehabilitate the person. AE nukes also, are quite powerful, but we end up taking more aggro and reflect damage then we can handle. Now whats the drawback on divesting? Or AE rooting?

HAAAAAAA here is the point
    so NT and soldiers are allowed to dish out a lot of damges, being dangerous, but traders are not ?
    LOLOLOL sorry
    so what's next ? only NTs, enfs, soldiers and MAs are allowed to kill players ? ho let's make an arena for damage-dealers-allowed-only
    the other 8 "support" professions should just heal, root, calm, whatever, just "support" and not kill some uggly hmm .... omnis ?
    well I don't know where you read that, I personnaly never saw it
    every class can equip a good gun and doo damages, the difference between classes are nanos and skill's cost/cap, not the ability to dish out major damages
    [/quote]

And this is the main problem. A trader should be able to transfer his skills, but it shouldn't a) stick, b) last so long c) give traders such high attack rating d) put traders anywhere near a pure damage professions output.

Originally posted by Nothinman
    No our point is that soldiers are based on offense and defense because we have green weapon skills and all of our nanos are based around offense and defense. our tradeskills are blue.

a trader has green tradeskills comp lit etc... and blue weapon skills. and a trader has tradeskill buffs.

logically the proffesion that has green weapon skills and nano's based on offense and defense would be stronger at combat and the proffession that has green tradeskills and tradeskill buffs would be better at tradeskills and not as good at combat.

as it stands a trader can own a soldier combatwise and has the green tradeskill and tradeskill buffs....

if your complaining about playing a class that isnt combat oriented and feel you should be then why did you choose a class based around tradeskills more then any other?

it is very obvious the designers meant the trader to be weak at combat because for one it used to say that in the manual and 2, all your nanos are based on calming and charming and non direct combat buffing.
    just quoting so people actually READ posts as they only tend to pick things they can argue about and "win"

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Originally posted by Letah

just quoting so people actually READ posts as they only tend to pick things they can argue about and "win"
    hehe thanks letah, I just notice that Pomy and the trader bunch seem to rehash the same old argument or just think were all idiots.. thats fine i guess. but at least acknowledge the points we make instead of calling it whining.

Not looking at anything else. really.. should a trader be able to completly own a soldier,ma, enforcer? I pick these classes because almost all these classes buffs and skils are based on combat.

a engineer, trader, and even meta to a point have alot of green skills that dont relate to combat directly and a few tradeskill buffs.

traders are the thing that doesn't fit in at all... don't worry though after seeing you whine like baby's for like 2 months after your godlike heals were "Fixed" FC wont do it again.

edit P.S the first trader or pomy here will rip apart my last line there that traders buffs are built around in direct combat.. but it is true to a sense.. your wrangles arent direct combat buffs they up your skills and attack but they are useful in some many other ways.. unlike say Auto target which is a pure combat only buff.

traders are the most tradeskill oreinted class in the game, debatable with engies but that doesnt even matter. Soldeirs are arguably the most combat oriented.. probably second to enforcers though.. but still. logicly something IS wrong here, your the product of bad design.. enjoy it.. but admit it and ill stop replying to these threads : P
    Last edited by Nothinman; Dec 4th, 2002 at 07:19:01.
    Legion

-
    Sir Winston Churchill

well so im an agent lvl 174 (noob in pvp)

i can use mimic enf/do/trader in pvp

i m aggree to say agent are not like trader(mimic have 2 bigs debuffs)

but in mass pvp i prefer for the moment use mimic enf for the all the set of buff (rage, woot nr and rs, mongo etc .....)

i m like you a lot of traders kill me

when i ve a divest and a plunder in my ncu i run 3 mins and the trader send me a lot of "you re a *****" "omni scum" "runner" "chiken" blablabli etc but im alive

do like me guys when u ve divest and plunder (190% of nano resist guys yes 190 %) u run

i can play with a divest in my ncu and i can kill a trader in this "drain time" drain ve a big recharge time !!!!

in my opinions trader are strongest in pvp but u can kill it!!!!

kill the trader guys and if u cant do like me /tell a friend a f***ing trader in godlike at mmd with nanobuff and drain pupet come and help me to send this traderr in reclaim with all of this uber buffs

im tired to see "trader' nerf post"

milajojovich

sorry for my english

I choose trader too be good in fights, certainly not cause of buged-crappy-useless-tradeskills I don't care about
    Ho and because traders are fun to play, lots of things to do, not press 1-2-3 then zone
    neophyte Kromoz 200 gimp

yes traders eat babies

Originally posted by Kromoz

I choose trader too be good in fights, certainly not cause of buged-crappy-useless-tradeskills I don't care about
    Ho and because traders are fun to play, lots of things to do, not press 1-2-3 then zone
    Well at least you finnaly admit what I said about you... picking a trader to "ownz0rz" in pvp instead of what the class is made for, trade skills.

And now.. for a pic of a cat

KITAAAHH
    Legion

-
    Sir Winston Churchill

trader in ga 4

Give Ga4 at all baby s eater

or give drain with ga 4

heheh with a ga nt perhaps can kill traders ?

When plunder land, trust me, you feel like your fighting against a fixer in grid Armor. Not only its hard to hit him, but your alpha hit for crap and you cant even use your nano.

OMG!! Tat kitty caty

hmm kitty cat is freaking me out kinda...

and oh yea...
    nerf nerf nerf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as i say my favorite quote
    "meow"

i just dont like egotisticle people that think they are better then everyone, they assume they are.

like pomy noer and yourself.. no im not afraid to name names : P

Yeah, you are a real saint. Exploiting pvp-bugs and gain titles for a good cause. Or was you actually one of the persons causing the problem? Don't give me that crap.
    "Should start a combined raid/NW bot, where people get points if they help take down a clan base. Should be most effective." - Said by Waikase 14th of May 2003 in sarcasm to the appearance of the first raidbots on Rk1.

Read my poll ffs, no one cares about Noer talking **** to people who say traders need a nerf. No one cares when he says that its the same 5 or 5 blah blah blah.
    Funny I can say the exact same thing about you.

Polls are worth ****. They show opinions, not how the game is. Just because Uncle John and his dog Piercingevil starts the bandwagon to get another profession nerfed doesn't exactly make it the only truth in the world.
    "Should start a combined raid/NW bot, where people get points if they help take down a clan base. Should be most effective." - Said by Waikase 14th of May 2003 in sarcasm to the appearance of the first raidbots on Rk1.

Originally posted by calvara

Well at least you finnaly admit what I said about you... picking a trader to "ownz0rz" in pvp instead of what the class is made for, trade skills.

And now.. for a pic of a cat
    Hmm, i could not see that he said he wanted to "ownz0r"...
    He wanted to be good at PvP with the "toys" Traders have to play with....

You on the other hand prolly choosed a "soldier" thinking you would rule Rubi-ka just because of the choise u made at startup and the profession... Heck i'm a soldier... i should be able to rule em all...
    Sorry get a grip, soldiers rule in mass combat.
    Other professions got their edge in 1 vs 1, but when i bought this game i tought the plot was a war between two factions...
    I never read anything about "choose a soldier name him Rambo.... be a hero and free Rubi-ka on your own..."

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast