Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: traders are overpowered - justify already !!

Originally posted by Noer
    Who cares. Its the same 5 people writing all of the posts. 0.99% of the posts are constructive, 99.01% are whiny namecalling posts.
    !!!

Originally posted by Noer
    Who cares. Its the same 5 people writing all of the posts. 0.99% of the posts are constructive, 99.01% are whiny namecalling posts.
    Ah, another very constructive post by Noer.

hes actually right.

btw, why are you shown as thread starter when it was me ?

Originally posted by Piercingevil

Ah, another very constructive post by Noer.
    Yup, find the 4 others people.
    "Should start a combined raid/NW bot, where people get points if they help take down a clan base. Should be most effective." - Said by Waikase 14th of May 2003 in sarcasm to the appearance of the first raidbots on Rk1.

I would bet that the small percentage that post against traders represent a large % of the population.. i mean not many read these boards and even less read the pvp forums.

the poll where of 510 votes traders have over 50% out of every profession saying they are pvp gods is one example.
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

Originally posted by Nothinman
    I would bet that the small percentage that post against traders represent a large % of the population.. i mean not many read these boards and even less read the pvp forums.

the poll where of 510 votes traders have over 50% out of every profession saying they are pvp gods is one example.
    Since when has listening to players brought anything good to the game? Half of the people has no idea what is going on but just says what the person next to him thinks, who got his opinion from the guy next to him, and so on and so on...

You can believe me or not. But trader isn't as godly as you all try to make them. Yes they are good in duels, but just okay in mass pvp.

And people with the argument - "an army of traders would own anything anywhere", no they wouldn't. An army of AoE'ing NTs would.
    "Should start a combined raid/NW bot, where people get points if they help take down a clan base. Should be most effective." - Said by Waikase 14th of May 2003 in sarcasm to the appearance of the first raidbots on Rk1.

ah, another very constructive post by calvara

Traders aren't uber in mass pvp no, its the duels where they are uber in, and the small skrimishes in arena's. I guess same counts for docs; we are great in a duel where no-1 would run but in a "real" situation the person runs or gets his 10 friends and kill the doc, shrug. Who cares if someone is divested with -420, there are still 9 others who dont no?

Now imagine 10 NT's doing the best AOE in a crowd, now that hurts.. BAD. Do we cray nerf against the NT? Naw. Why? Maybe because they are not good in duels?

We often base nerf-cries to feelings we have, and most feelings come from duels, mass pvp is chaotic and has too many factors, you can't be clear of mind and have an overview, it's hard to throw logic at it and say "that person was uber", its.. chaos.

The only real overpowerring factor I see in mass pvp is the lagmonster, sometimes big guilds like Storm bring one of those monsters along and it 0wns us all, which is okay because with some joint effort we can bring our lagmonster too.

When those 2 titans clash even the server will drop dead

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Originally posted by tallistro
    ah, another very constructive post by calvara
    drains are overpowered in pvp, you know it, everyone knows it. it especially shows when the trader knows the bug to bypass NR.

nerf the drains

thx

Originally posted by Letah
    Traders aren't uber in mass pvp no, its the duels where they are uber in, and the small skrimishes in arena's. I guess same counts for docs; we are great in a duel where no-1 would run but in a "real" situation the person runs or gets his 10 friends and kill the doc, shrug. Who cares if someone is divested with -420, there are still 9 others who dont no?

Now imagine 10 NT's doing the best AOE in a crowd, now that hurts.. BAD. Do we cray nerf against the NT? Naw. Why? Maybe because they are not good in duels?

The difference is, Nanotechs are actually a bit better ballanced. They are quite brittle to make up for the big dmg potential. They do have the potential to do well in a duel, but they are not going to "ownz0r j00" 99% of the time like a trader.

Heck I think I'm going to level up my NT a bit more once I hit title 6 on my soldier... so _I_ can be the one tossing out those nuke AE nukes

We often base nerf-cries to feelings we have, and most feelings come from duels, mass pvp is chaotic and has too many factors, you can't be clear of mind and have an overview, it's hard to throw logic at it and say "that person was uber", its.. chaos.
    maybe the fact that most traders talk smack contributes to this....

Originally posted by calvara

The difference is, Nanotechs are actually a bit better ballanced. They are quite brittle to make up for the big dmg potential. They do have the potential to do well in a duel, but they are not going to "ownz0r j00" 99% of the time like a trader.
    Exactly.

and traders have the potentials to do well in mass pvp, but they are not going to own mass pvp like NT does
    btw, what I see now is NT being the first target in mass pvp, not the traders anymore

Calvara, you're may be a gimped soldier, but you don't seems to see the truth about mass pvp

nerf ignorants

thx
    neophyte Kromoz 200 gimp

yes traders eat babies

Kromoz so your so enlightened? Personally i would say that in my time in AO (though not recently) ive spent as much or more time in mass pvp zones in mass pvp wars as anyone else.

I've spent hundreds of hours in 2ho and tonnes of time in camelot, mmd, pvp events, mort etc...

Just don't go telling people they don't know what thier talking about because you dont like what they have to say.

i just dont like egotisticle people that think they are better then everyone, they assume they are.

like pomy noer and yourself.. no im not afraid to name names : P
    Legion

-
    Sir Winston Churchill

Originally posted by Kromoz

and traders have the potentials to do well in mass pvp, but they are not going to own mass pvp like NT does
    btw, what I see now is NT being the first target in mass pvp, not the traders anymore

Calvara, you're may be a gimped soldier, but you don't seems to see the truth about mass pvp

nerf ignorants

thx

i've never claimed to be gimped, try again on that one. I've pissed alot of other soldiers off by saying I'm not gimped.

Don't see the truth about mass pvp 'eh? Funny.. I've never been in any mass pvp.. oh no.. never ever... really.. never. don't have a hissy fit because your class needs some BALANCING. 10-1 odds you made your trader to "0wnz0rz" in pvp.

nerf trader drains down to 40% like my damage is, and other classes might stand a better chance vs them. this would not be a 100% solution even... as traders can kill quite well with just their heals and drain heals.

have a day.

as traders can kill quite well with just their heals and drain heals.
    Ehm... sure....

LOL

Originally posted by Rznr

Ehm... sure....

LOL
    heh funny that nothinman has died that way then 'eh?

quite a while ago i gave up fighting traders, it's not worth the frustration.

Originally posted by Rznr

Ehm... sure....

LOL

don't pull that crap, i fought abid alotta times without him draining me.. and he can EASILY heal all the damage i can deal to him.

alot of traders dont need drains at all to kill classes.

example.. I was looking for someone i wanted to kill so i got every buff in book 11k HP sheilds, hots, evades ncu.. you name it i had it.

so i fought abid, gave him rrfe and we went at it, i would have killed him but it took me until his nano ran out to dent his HP because he could heal it all up, specials too. i bursted 2 tiems AS 2 times.

its happened with other traders too.

and no im not a complete damage gimp. i can take down lvl 200 enfs sometimes : P
    Legion

-
    Sir Winston Churchill

as traders can kill quite well with just their heals and drain heals.
    have a day.
    as I said, nerf ignorants, thx
    neophyte Kromoz 200 gimp

yes traders eat babies

try reading the post above yours

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast