Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: traders are overpowered - justify already !!

traders are overpowered - justify already !!

no, i have no funky story to tell, just wanted to open a -third- thread to all you whiners out there. since i had a lot of fun reading the other both threads, cmon, post ! maybe you even come up with some valid points and not just whines !

Well after looking at your sig...
    Perhaps people are thinking drains are overpowered ?
    Cauterized - NT parked at current lvl until the NT is fixed
    Mortalstrike - Former pvp twink Soldier - The original one

Best thing about sex is when you lay completely still in bed afterwards feeling all comfy and are counting the money.

Well, it's ok if there are whines, they just should have to be:

a - new whines, not the same ones from the same people that they've been posting forever;

b - no repetition allowed in the thread.

I've read all these boring arguments for a long time. Let's see some new material.

Traders eat babies!!! nerf them quick!!!
    Hide your babies!! A trader is a coming!! Nerf us before we can get all your babies!!

TraderDoug

Current(and dream) Setup

Come Participate in my PvP tourney(rimor only)

Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

I think we'll be Traders' Nemesis profession in a few patches time. It's already pretty easy to kill them now.

Lightbulb

90% of Americans think Wyoming is a foreign country "somewhere" on the other side of the globe, hmm lets poll a bunch of them and base all of our trade policy on it.

...heh wait a second, make a new poll: Delete traders? Yes or No only.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Originally posted by Mercatura
    90% of Americans think Wyoming is a foreign country "somewhere" on the other side of the globe, hmm lets poll a bunch of them and base all of our trade policy on it.

Only 89% of tested people in the USA could identify the USA on a world map.

No, I don't want my profession deleted.
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

Mercatura im not crying for a nerf of traders, but dont you agree that the pollresult is somewhat correct? What did you vote on Doc? Agent? Enforcer?

Its perfectly ok to defend your own profession but there has to be limits, some defences are just stupid, admit drains as a very good strength of yours it will sure help you alot.

Traders

Strong fields
    Trade skills

Nano formula skills

Weak fields
    All combat

Key skills
    Nano Energy Pool

Shotgun

Nano Execution Initiative

Navigation

All trade skills

All nano skills

the poll mentionned here is not accurate, cuz things are changing with the patchs
    neophyte Kromoz 200 gimp

yes traders eat babies

Piercing, this is from character creation:

The Trader is the ultimate businessman, getting more for less in every single transaction. Like others, they create and trade material goods. But in combat situations, they use unique nanotechnology which enables them to drain opponents of skills, energy and health, transferring those benefiths to themselves or their allies. This frequently causes the most formidable opponents to wither to a cracked shell of their former self...

Now please stfu!
    Cudus :: eqp

PvP....It's not just a job, it's an adventure!

Originally posted by Kromoz
    the poll mentionned here is not accurate, cuz things are changing with the patchs
    It's very accurate, actually its head on. Sure lots of people make fun of these polls thats why an engi has got quite many votes according to how the actually perform. BUt you can draw conclusions from these polls.

Traders are overpowered in duels yes, traders are one of the first targets to die in mass-pvp after draining at most 1 or 2 opponents.

As a trader wouldnt it be nice to balance these two things a bit so you wont be very good, almost so good that noone can beat you in duels. If it got changed to a more moderate lvl you could be good in duels and actually survive in mass-pvp.

As a trader i would be glad to se that since the game turns more into a group-oriented pvpscene than a duelling one, or are your titles to dear to you?

lmao kinda sad when you know its true tho
    Infamine 200 soljah

1. my occupation is media and communication research ( yea i also have a degree..) let me tell you that a poll like this one doesnt tell you anything, the question is too general, you only have answers from people reading the forums, not the actual playerbase, etc. not to mention many people didnt realize yet there were -some- changes to traders in the last 6 months.

2. whitez..what exactly would a trader do in mass pvp if he cant debuff ? heal ? wait, docs and advs are way better at that. mass roots ? hm, crats are better at that. damage ? hm, almost everyone is better at that.
    its an interesting approach, but how you exactly imagine "...[getting] changed to a more moderate level.." ?
    Last edited by Beautyfarm; Nov 26th, 2002 at 13:10:10.

Originally posted by tallistro
    1. my occupation is media and communication research ( yea i also have a degree..) let me tell you that a poll like this one doesnt tell you anything, the question is too general, you only have answers from people reading the forums, not the actual playerbase, etc. not to mention many people didnt realize yet there were -some- changes to traders in the last 6 months.
    Since only a few of the players regularly do pvp you can take away the ones that dont pvp from the poll most of them dont read the pvpforum and dont vote on things they arent interested in. Its like a fieldresearch, if you ask enough ppl you will get a hint at what direction peoples thought are, with a faultratio of 2% approximately if enough people are asked (not enough asked in this poll). From this poll i draw the conclusion that traders are the professin that will most likely win such a tournament.

2. whitez..what exactly would a trader do in mass pvp if he cant debuff ? heal ? wait, docs and advs are way better at that. mass roots ? hm, crats are better at that. damage ? hm, almost everyone is better at that.
    its an interesting approach, but how you exactly imagine "...[getting] changed to a more moderate level.." ?
    wont go into what profession is better at what. Cause all that is personal experiances based on coincidences, however i have seen numerous suggestions to what drains can do instead.

1. Dont let drains stack on the same target, the trader can get the benefit of both but you can drain the same target.

2. Make it take the targets attackrating away, not the skills.

3. Make one line for nanoskills and one for weaponskills. Equal out the resistrates on those two.

I'm sure there are more suggestions those are a few that came to mind.

Originally posted by Whites

As a trader wouldnt it be nice to balance these two things a bit so you wont be very good, almost so good that noone can beat you in duels. If it got changed to a more moderate lvl you could be good in duels and actually survive in mass-pvp.

As a trader i would be glad to se that since the game turns more into a group-oriented pvpscene than a duelling one, or are your titles to dear to you?
    No, as a trader I never duel and only mass pvp, and I don't want of the changes proposed here, cuz we would be gimped without our drains
    "noone can beat you in duels" ?
    enforcers **** us in duels
    agents have good chance to kill us
    crats (yeah crats) can kill us easily
    MAs had good chances too, too bad they were nerfed, that's sad and useless
    .... I won't go further, if you play one of the profs listed above and think you can't kill a trader 50% of your duels, please stop posting craps on this forum, thanks
    neophyte Kromoz 200 gimp

yes traders eat babies

I Will admit that drains are a very very powerful nano.

BUT! I've been killed by every proffesion under teh 2 suns o_o (cept engie )soo i'd say that drains aren't the only powerful weapon out there.

Every proffesion has their defining nanos and this is ours and i want it working full blast like everyone elses does eh?

I like the fact that Trader drains are as powerful as they are now. Just because Traders spank me 9 times out of 10 doesn't mean they're overpowered. I just don't duel them very often anymore because it's pointless. Instead, I watch them get beat up by MAs, NTs and Enforcers

And in mass PvP, there are now items you can use when you lose aggro to kill the divest/plunder debuffs. If you don't lose aggro, get your side/team to kill the Trader first. Use tactics. Its not difficult.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast