Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Shipping update

Originally posted by beagle_28
    If downloading is not a viable option due to requiring on shelf visibility, how does that work with product ordered from DR? why not take every preorder placed, bill for the game and issue CD Keys? Then ship out all the fancy box and voice add-ons when available? This is all product that won't be on the shelf, will still count as sold from DR's standpoint. If this is not possible because people will preorder now instead of buying in the shops, then why not pick a date and only issue keys for people who ordered before then. I only ordered a week or so ago, so i'm not expecting to get mine anytime soon, but some people have ordered months in advance.
    Bear with my acronyms.

In some countries, it would be illegal for DR to give FC a list of customers who have purchased NW. It boils down to consumer privacy rights; I would personally be PISSED if I found an e-mail from FC in my box saying "Digital River gave us your name as a preorder of NW. Please go here to download it, and here for your key." Not that I pre-ordered. But the theory holds.

FC and DR are not the same company. FC doesn't own DR. Nor vice versa. Therefore they cannot legally share customer data without customer permission.

DR can't offer it for download without FC's permission. FC can't give that permission due to retail agreements.

The only way this might be possible is if DR e-mailed every single pre-order and said "Can we give your name to FC in order to let you get your key before your box?", got permission, and then sent FC the list.

And by the time all that got set up, the box would be at your house.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Well I recieved it this morning from game.uk.com

Also just got an e-mail from DR saying they have shipped it.. this could get interesting.

I have sent them *another* e-mail detailing my little history. Telling them that I will either refuse delviery if i get the chance or they will have to pay for return postage
    2003-2004 full time addict
    2004-2005 full time testlive
    2005-2006 full time addict to another game
    2006 occasional testlive

Originally posted by Kiryat-Dharin
    The only way this might be possible is if DR e-mailed every single pre-order and said "Can we give your name to FC in order to let you get your key before your box?", got permission, and then sent FC the list.
    I dont think you could do it with emails, as they are too easy to fake, and courts are still a little fuzzy about them, they would probably have to write to everyone, then you would have to write back with a signed authorisation to let them.

Hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Originally posted by lilnymph

I dont think you could do it with emails, as they are too easy to fake, and courts are still a little fuzzy about them, they would probably have to write to everyone, then you would have to write back with a signed authorisation to let them.

Hugs

lilnymph
    Problem is this is all academic now, DR have shipped, and FC dont look like they are interested in compensating those who were struck by this.

I suspect however another backlash on these boards once the masses get the booster (which should be today or tomorrow) and find out how few areas are left. FC will then turn on the remaining zones and people will still see how few areas are left.
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Why should FC compensate someone who got screwed by another company?

When the CD printer my label uses is late, artists don't yell at me to reimburse them for the delay. Admittedly, they're generally reasonable, intelligent people, a rare quantity on these forums, but the point is;

FC doesn't own DR. And FC doesn't owe DR's customers a damn thing.

edit: Oh, and there are "so few zones left"? Boohoo. Get a zone the way you're meant to; fight for it.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Thumbs down I hope Gaute Godager reads this.

If not, can you CZ please point him to this post?
    I think it's very unresponsible by a games director to go on national television in Norway and say that the game is live on servers, and WILL be in stores in Norway by thursday or friday. Guess what Gaute today is saturday, and the only store in Bergen and Oslo that has had any copies at all is Avalon (Oslo), and thats becouse they drove to their distributor and got it themselves. As for all the other stores, they said that it's been pushed back further and that they have been told they will have it dec10th. Funny thing is, after saying that they immediately go; though I doubt we will have it by then since both distributors and game company are lying through their teeth. Good job FC, you are putting yourself out of buisiness, both by poor information and hopeless distributors.

Originally posted by Kiryat-Dharin
    Why should FC compensate someone who got screwed by another company?
    Easy - because FC didnt _have_ to turn land control on at all.

Oh and they were screwed by customs & excise not another company
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Was told by DR that my NW wasshipped on December 5th. Still wasnt here this morning though.
    maybe tomorrow?

At least i aint the only one!
    wasnt there monday, either today! i hope tomorow or at least before weekend!

Not a single EB in the Seattle, Washington, area has NW, nor do they know when they will ever get it. Nor, when I speak to them...do they even seem to care.
    -Sardunos-
    Nano-Technician

Squad Commander: The Forsaken

-Rotempiel-
    Shade
    (lvl 4)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456