Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Shipping update

haha, nice to see they are not able to do ANYTHING that works out good for the costumers

Nice try, next one pls
    Quotation from a statement of Henry Radiman, official Clan Leader:
    >> "Action is needed," says Radiman. "Commentary is needed. Policy is needed. The Council is needed." <<

------------
    Marariella, once a Member of The Council
    ------------

Not good enough

At the moment, Cz (and the rest of FunCom), you have a LOT of pissed off people out here. The reason is simple: We all pre-ordered the Notum Wars package quite some time ago. To sit here and watch the status of our orders still being quoted as on backorder just doesn't cut it. Several hours ago, the NW expansion went live, and we're seing about 50 towers on Atlantean alone. I speak for myself, and the about 70 members of my guild, when I say that it was seriously wrong to go live with NW when so many people haven't been able to get hold of the expansion yet.

The case about unfairness is one thing - those who are fortunate and live in areas where shops have been able to get the NW package in stock (Mostly Americans, by the look of it) will have an advantage, and no doubt about it: They are able to build towers and experiemnt with defense setups and advantages, while the rest of us cannot yet do so.

But the more major issue is the credibility of FunCom, and the credibility of your ability to deliver a product when expected and promised. I'd like to take note of a certain issue here...

In your initial post, written on the 27th of November, you stated that the boxes (Or as has been noted, some of them at least) had been shipped to suppliers. Now, does that mean that they were shipped on the 27th, or that they were shipped earlier? Because, you see, if they were shipped from productiuon to your suppliers on the 27th, then FunCom has failed to understand a very simple thing: Namely that the process of getting the package to the customers needs two steps: Getting the package to the suppliers, then getting them to the consumers. Starting shipping of the boxes to suppliers TWO DAYS before release isn't good enough, unless you can invent a teleportation system that guarantees that each of those steps takes less than 24 hours.

So, the question is... Did FunCom supply the boxes too late, or are the suppliers (Read: Digital Clog-up, err sorry, Digital River) to blame for the fact that most, if not all, of those who pre-ordered still haven't received their copies?

If FunCom is the reason for the delay, then I don't see any reason why you shouldn't have delayed the grand opening for a week or more, in order that your faithful customers should receive the product before launch.

But if Digital Mess-up is to blame, then I suggest you terminate any deal you might have with them. COnsidering the fact that we don't need the physical package, just the damn CD key, I see no reason why we couldn't just sign up on your web site, have the approprite amount deducted frrom our credit cards, and receive a unique key there and then, thus cutting out an unnecessary middle man and making everyone happy.

I'm sitting here without my Notum Wars package still, having pre-ordered quite some time ago. I'm not happy. Neither are the rest of the people who are still waiting.

So, what are you going to do about it?

EST. are just that EST. they give you some stupid number to make sure that if an unforseen problem arrises they should still be able to make it.

You know like not releasing Patch info till just after the patch goes LIVE?

So, when you get a 2 week EST. If it comes in before, then youll be even happier.

Like I said before, and I did it with this game. Get it when you see it on the self, unless they is something SPECIAL about the preordered version then your in for headaches.

CZ, you have still never addressed why this, and possibly the EXPANSION are not available for DownLoad? Its not hard to issue the Reqistration key after the Credit Card has been Verified and charged, since most will use the same method they are using to pay the monthly fee.

Dont say because of the SIZE of the DL, thats bogus. People know people that know people, hehe see how this works. One will DL it and burn it to CD, then pass to a friends, These files arent worth anything until the CD key is issued.

So, why are these not DL'able? Sorry if I missed the REAL EXPLANATION somewhere else.

Tharyki, nothing! They had some of the same issues with the original release. Im assuming they have an Obligatory contract with Digital Rivers that they cant afford to break.

Whats even funnier is, I call this the EQ syndrome. Peeps are complaining like crazy and when they finally get their copies they will all act like this hasnt happened.
    Last edited by GreyBear; Nov 30th, 2002 at 00:47:13.

Originally posted by Cz

They take online orders, not just before launch. I know for a fact they got orders as late as today. And I'm sure (without knowing too much of the manufacturer-distibutor routines) they had to place an order with the manufacturer some weeks ago, so they might have had a rush afterwards, killing the estimates. If not sold out of the first batch, I don't see why they would give a shipping estimate of two weeks.
    Of course we're not talking about orders coming in today or yesterday.

You must have seen the posts from people who pre-ordered just as soon as the option was available and judging from them it seems like no one has actually got their copy from DR, only from EB-games or some other online service.
    Even if it proves to not be your fault, it will still reflect back on Funcom in the end since DR is your partner in this online shop which makes you both responsible for this mess.
    Dominata
    Member of THM

I called about 6 stores today and they all said "Notum what?" Apparently noone at any of the stores have a clue what Anarchy Online is..........

Gonna order it online and see what happens.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

after this huge folly, i'm cancelling my account

Download !!!

This all is totaly idiotic. we started ao with a download..now they make us runnin to shops to buy stuff. this is ...i find no words for it ...it´s idiotic..i didn´t want to run to a shop so i played online game and now ....arg ...
    soz but realy stupid you are...and the best places are gone now ...germany will get the booster 5.12.02...
    ty fc realy ty...

80 % or more of your ppl are realy disapointed...is that what you want ?

Thumbs down

Got a CD Key from a Friend in another part of US, to keep this very nice " not that I really want to ! " I will say im not happy with FC or Digital Rivers in this situation.
    So can I get another useless backpack like the last one ?
    btw I have a few well thought out names with stats that match if you need help j/k I really value my pack... almost as much as my Ellts
    "You eat the Bronto Burger, I want a taco !"

Guild Storm

Formula44 Fixer
    Fishtaco Engineer NEW NAME is Craftwoman
    Americanpie Agent - Retired
    proctology Doctor
    formula Bureaucrat
    Account Created 2001-06-27 15:29:57

Re: Download !!!

Originally posted by PeterPet
    This all is totaly idiotic. we started ao with a download..now they make us runnin to shops to buy stuff.
    FunCom Press Release
    Norway, June 11, 2001 - After receiving high praise at this year's Electronic Entertainment Expo last month, Funcom's highly anticipated title, Anarchy Online, has reached gold master status and is now in manufacturing. As the first game in years to take up competition with other popular massively multi-player online role-playing games, Anarchy Online will be available in Nordic and North American stores by June 27th with servers going live that day.

12 Jul, 2001
    Funcom kündigt das Release von Anarchy Online in Deutschland an!

20 Jul, 2001
    Funcom et Focus annonce un accord de distribution pour Anarchy Online en France

Zurich, Switzerland -September 24, 2001 - Funcom announced today a new suggested retail price for Anarchy Online, the company's recently released massively multi-player online game. As Funcom is getting ready for the European launch of the game on September 28th, the company has set the new suggested retail prize to $29.99 / € 32.99 in all markets. After already selling over 100,000 units since the game's U.S. and Nordic release in June, the change in price reflects Funcom's desire to reach an even wider audience in this quickly expanding online market.

Along with a lower price available in retail outlets worldwide, Funcom has set up a "try-before-you-buy" option at the official Anarchy Online web site, www.anarchy-online.com. Players can download the game and play it for free for seven days.
    I don't know what crack you're on. FunCom never released AO as a global release, and they CERTAINLY never offered AO for download from the start. It was a good 2 months before this option became available.

I think you need to remember your AO history a little better before citing precedent. :-)
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

It was offered as a download at the start, you could download the beta and just pay for a key online. I know because I did it.

Cz I know you are doing your job.

But please stop defending DR. Either DR or FC made a mess of this (depending on when FC shipped to DR). The fact is people who ordered back in aug/sept still don't have their copies, and still won't get them for a few days, maybe weeks. I think you guys should stop defending and start apologizing.

What does Preorder means anyway ???

NEXT TIME (if there is one and ppl are still playing) SEND OUT the stuff in ADVANCE and give 1-2 weeks before the stores can sell it, THEN when all part of the world have the game or @ least a great % then activate it ... not this BS... DLing and paying onto the acc would have been ALOT easier...

Originally posted by Cz

They take online orders, not just before launch. I know for a fact they got orders as late as today. And I'm sure (without knowing too much of the manufacturer-distibutor routines) they had to place an order with the manufacturer some weeks ago, so they might have had a rush afterwards, killing the estimates. If not sold out of the first batch, I don't see why they would give a shipping estimate of two weeks.

I ordered in September. I don't care about people that ordered yesterday, I should have had mine by now. I have never posted a complaint in the 7 months I have played, but I am VERY frustrated. I am close to giving up. I love playing and play it every day, but this is completely unacceptable. You should never have gone live until most of us had the game regardless of the bad press. Do you feel this will be better? I have nothing nice to say about this "booster." I want to help my great org build towers, can I do that? Nope. I can only hope you never ever use DR again as a distributor. Does anyone have a phone number for DR so I can cancel my order with a human? I will try to get it elsewhere and if I can't get it in the next 2-3 days, I will cancel my account.

Ikegami Synili

Is it even possible to cancel your order from DR ? If so, how ? I did read in their FAQ it's not possible to cancel an order ...

Originally posted by Crestfall
    Is it even possible to cancel your order from DR ? If so, how ? I did read in their FAQ it's not possible to cancel an order ...
    Well, I think I found a phone number. If it works I will post it. This is getting on my nerves. They had better be able to cancel my order.

Phone number is 0118 934 6150

They are now saying (spoke to them a minute ago) that they will be actually shipping on the 6th, as they expect to receive it before then (dont know if this is accurate or them saying what they have been told to say)
    Last edited by Warlock; Dec 2nd, 2002 at 13:20:08.
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Unhappy umm..

so they have people answering a phone, but they cannot be bothered to reply to 5 emails so far?? ummm, right.
    Ill try that number then i guess...

/me is not impressed
    Syryx, nanotechician by trade, proud member of Shadow Ops and part-time leet

"that's not a bug, that's a feature"

Well they normally take 24 hours to reply to my emails. Interestingly all the replies I get are signed by Funcom, so it wouldnt suprise me to find that they forward queries to the 'manufacturer' which would explain the delay (doesnt make it right though). This would also explain why the reply I got on the 28th said that NW would ship that week (i.e. last week)
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Hmm, have not gotten any reply to my DR cancellation so I guess I need to call my creditcard compane and block any bills from them....

And I really have to agree with what many ppl said here before me......:

DOWNLOADABLE!!!!!

Yes, I know not everyone have the bandwith todo this, but ALOT do!
    Patang 205 Engi
    Another proud Apocalypse member

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast