Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Shipping update

I fully expected to get my NW copy YESTERDAY as that has usually been the case with most of my previous preorders : Getting the box the day before release.

I got my AC 2 box well in advance of the official AC 2 euro release. I can't play it yet but at least they delivered...

What's this business of having a launch where nearly noone has the client ?

I bet there will be an Event today. With only 5 people attending, the server might handle it for once.
    Seid. Clan Nano Technician, Atlantean
    Proud member of Opposing Force ( Website )
    Seid's Hideout : Home of the Friends List Tool
    I would like to see a mail system in AO, for letters, money and goods, and with mail order !

Not sure but I think FunCom has a contract to use Digital Rivers that prolley spans their 4 year expectancy.

That would explain their inability to help the customers and their lack of Downloadable Media to insure a smoother than Release, release.

Personally, If I ordered something and it doesnt make the Date, I cancel the order and call my credit card company 2 minutes after and notify them that Im denying any charges from said vendor. Ill have them blocked and never use them again.

Remember its just a game, not your job, and not your work. It should be bringing you enjoyment, not aggrevation.

I asked for a download option when they announced this booster. It would have made *existing* customers happy, and wouldn't do any harm to the boxes on the shelfs.

As it is, I've tried to contact Digitalrivers, no response, not able to check my order even if I use the confirmation received by email in august.

Its a scandal Funcom!

Question More speculation

As we don't (won't) get an official statement about the (again) lousy start of NW we are free to speculate on our own.

I am with GreyBear (and a couple of others) in this conspiracy theory. I think FC has made some long lasting contracts with their actual distribiutors. In their current situation, they can not afford to pay contract penalties. On the other hand, they most probabely spend the money they got (in advance) for those contracts - loose/loose situation.

We (customers) would be fine off, if FC could wait to switch NW effects on a little later, but for an unknown reason, they can't do this either.

So long,

Max(imilian), the conspirating Engi
    100% curious

Re: Shipping update

Originally posted by Cz
    The boxes have been shipped to our distributor partners, and they are doing their best to get it out as soon as possible. But due to the busy holiday season, we can't guarantee that they will be in the shelves everywhere by the time we open up for Notum Wars tomorrow.

Pre-orders through our site is handled by Digital River, and they are undoubtedly working hard on processing orders and sending out the boxes.

You might want to contact your locat store, or Digital River, to get an estimate on when the booster will arrive.
    Cz there is a problem here....

If, on the 27th you had _shipped_ (you used past tense) and Digital River told me today (29th) on the phone that they havent actually got the booster yet, and that they are not expecting it until the 6th.

Why was the booster 'activation' not delayed until shipments had a chance to reach all the appropriate places?
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Unhappy mmm..

Digital River put my order on back-order, which i can understand, but they are not responding to -any- of my emails asking for how long the delay will be...whereas they specifically state "reply to this email if you have any queries or questions"

/me sighs
    Syryx, nanotechician by trade, proud member of Shadow Ops and part-time leet

"that's not a bug, that's a feature"

As many others have pointed out: What is the point of preordering if you can get it at least at the same day as it goes live?

Why postpone release date for europe? You've not mentioned this anywhere. The company you got to handle orders haven't sent any info on the delay and as far as others here say, has no intention of shedding some light on the situation either. We pre-order because we want it at least at the same days as it goes live. Is that so hard to see? The ones actually pre-ordering this, probably is your best customers. I really can't see any logic in treating your "best"/most loyal customers like you didn't care. Are you thinking: These are our best customers so these people will take alot more **** from us. Lets just forget about them. They will stay anyway. I know you're not allways breaking promises, but it's the broken promises that are remembered. To not getting the preorder at or before the release date is a broken promise in my book. Also, while I'm at it, letting US get in on it a week before everyone else is letting them get an edge on everyone else. Is this fair?

bah...this is useless.

I talked to Digital River today....

They said I should receive it by DECEMBER 19'th?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!!?

WTH THE HELL?
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Turin, the only thing I can think of there is that they sold out the entire first batch. It might be that they're playing it safe too, in case they don't have enough boxes, though I trust DR to know what they're talking about.

Not sure if I do though Cz as I placed an order about a month ago, and decided to check to see the staus of my order only to be told that it wasn't completed.

Another point is I am a Manager for Game, the largest stockist (not a plug BTW ) in the UK and we have the release date set for the 6th Dec.

Edit I will check with our buying dept Monday and see what the score is with our release of NW and let you all know my findings.
    Last edited by Sephauri; Nov 29th, 2002 at 20:05:42.
    Soletaken 170 ADV

Proud member of Ancarim Iron Legion.

Originally posted by Boeth
    Not sure if I do though Cz as I placed an order about a month ago, and decided to check to see the staus of my order only to be told that it wasn't completed.
    Had the exact same thing when I checked this morning.
    "Should start a combined raid/NW bot, where people get points if they help take down a clan base. Should be most effective." - Said by Waikase 14th of May 2003 in sarcasm to the appearance of the first raidbots on Rk1.

I called Funcom and theire norwegian distributer today and was told that it should be in shop tuesday, wednesday at latest.
    So, I cancelled my DR order.....no point in paying for delivery etc when I can get it quicker in the shop
    Patang 205 Engi
    Another proud Apocalypse member

So nice to release a game that only a few have and can get a weeks headstart at, hehe, brilliant as ever
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

Originally posted by Seid
    I bet there will be an Event today. With only 5 people attending, the server might handle it for once.
    lol, that rules.

I still can't find a copy in any stores, btw. I'm extremely bummed out by it.

OK so it's obvious to everyone that the distributors have fouled up big time. OK - maybe it was unanticipated (although it was easily avoidable by using a downloadable option).

What I don't understand is why Funcom have gone live with it knowing this. This puts alot of players in guilds where not a single player has received a copy at a severe disadvantage (it's going to be alot easier to just put up a controller in an empty area and defend it than try and take one over). I'm sure the vast majority of players would have rather had a further delay (even if it was a week) and a fair start than the current situation?

Certainly my guild (which is mid sized) - noone has yet got their copy in spite of nearly all the players pre-ordering it, and I understand from old friends only 3 of that huge guild's Storms players have yet had their copies, which is hardly going to make for an even start

Angry

Cancelled my order of 2 copies from DR as well. I can have it way faster buying it in the stores in my town and much much cheaper even though it will be delayed a few days, which is nothing compared to the bull-/|\- DR gave me :X
    Last edited by Jica; Nov 29th, 2002 at 23:50:29.
    Novice Jica - Nobel Prize Engineer
    Clan Apocalypse - The Guild for Models

Jica's Tradeskills & Tower Shop

"What is the definition of an engineer?"
    "Someone who solves a problem you didn't know you had, in a way you don't understand."

Dude. ONE person in my entire guild has been able to find the Booster. Dare I ask how many were shipped? 9/10 stores don't have it yet, the one that does sold out within hours, and they only had 5 copies.

Originally posted by Cz
    Turin, the only thing I can think of there is that they sold out the entire first batch. It might be that they're playing it safe too, in case they don't have enough boxes, though I trust DR to know what they're talking about.
    Nononono... Please stop it before you kill me here. That was too funny.
    Do you mean to imply that DR has sold out of pre-orders which they must have been aware of for weeks, if not months? Do not continue stuffing this down your customers throat because everyone knows it's not true. If xxx amount of people pre-orders there should be exactly xxx amount of boosters available if nobody messes it up somewhere along the way.
    Show some backbone and admit that you FUBAR'ed the release, sheesh.

Show me numbers that proves me wrong and I will apologise in no time, sincerely and thoroughly.
    Dominata
    Member of THM

Re: Shipping update

Originally posted by Cz
    ...as soon as possible.
    You might want to contact your locat store, to get an estimate on when the booster will arrive.
    For France as soon as possible is 12 JANUARY (2003 not 2004) LOL

So plz stop crying about your order that is not in time this week...
    we count on months here !

Originally posted by Dominata
    Do you mean to imply that DR has sold out of pre-orders which they must have been aware of for weeks, if not months?
    They take online orders, not just before launch. I know for a fact they got orders as late as today. And I'm sure (without knowing too much of the manufacturer-distibutor routines) they had to place an order with the manufacturer some weeks ago, so they might have had a rush afterwards, killing the estimates. If not sold out of the first batch, I don't see why they would give a shipping estimate of two weeks.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast