Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Shipping update

Re: Shipping update

Originally posted by Cz
    The boxes have been shipped to our distributor partners
    Or at least some of them. The distributor to my country has not received the game yet even though they had wished to be able to transport quite a bit of them to a large computer and console games event this weekend.

So apparently no Notum Wars before next week here either even though we have no holiday today so that the busy holiday season is not affecting our shipments.

I'm not really whining about not being able to War for Notum tomorrow, just stating this as a fact so that you can feel a little bit better knowing not only your pre-order hasn't arrived but other's don't have it either...
    /born Porter was born on Thu Jun 28 09:19:52 2001.
    I'm a Porter, Porters don't PVP.
    First Light

Thumbs down December 6th - Nikolaus

One easy statement: Bad logistics and organization.

I preordered NW at the beginning of this week (Okaysoft). Well, I didn't expect my box to be there in time, but Dec. 6th is one week after start. I am a member of a small guild (medium level) - I am really curious, if I will be able to place a controller ... - not to positive about.

Please, next time you do such expansions:

Fairness means, that all (most of) who want to participate have approx. the same chance (which they actually don't for other reasons). Give such things a prerun phase of a week, maybe two. After that the player community might be saturated with enough copies, and then turn the switch on. Right now it is at least one week that some can use the advantages of the towers and I can't (purly egoistic point of view, I know).

I am not amused,

Max(imilian)
    100% curious

Funcom, listen to this and listen good:

This is my first post. Until now I didn't felt the need to say something.
    Until now, every issue I had had been posted before by one or more users - so no need to re-post it.

As far as I can see, you spent a great deal of time, money, effort, passion and manpower in bringing us The Notum Wars.

You are also trying to advertise this booster pack as good as you can: Web Pages, stories, in-game advertising, etc, etc, etc.

The succesful launch of the booster pack will provide you money so you can make a profit. After all you are no charity, right?

Well, here's the problem: As you can see there are numerous issues with pre-ordering / delivery from a lot of folks.

Is a pitty that this product launch to have so many flaws.

I live in Romania and I intended to preorder the pack. The price is 20,99 EURO from Digital River who obviously don't care of their customers. Is their problem but is also your problem, because is your product.

Apart from the cost of the game I'm forced to accept the only shipping method possible: UPS delivery which costs 31,45 EUROs !!!

No comment. I refuse do be ripped of.

If I were you, I will immediately post the Notrum Wars for download - And here's why:

- You save 20% - 30% commision for Digital River
    - You save $$$ on producing the CD, manuals, box.
    - You save on disk copy protection schemes and royalties.
    - You save handling, warehouse, transportation, in a word logistics.
    - You can charge for the download in the way you are charging the monthly fee - So you have the infrastructure in place.
    - The money are available to you imediately.

What's in for us, the players:

- No hassle dealing with Digital River or other retailers
    - Immediate availability of the product = We happy
    - Yes, most of us are capable of downloading the Notrum Wars. After all we downloaded the AO in first place and most of us are using broadband to play.

Is a matter of economics. If anything I said doesn't make sense, let me know.

I will certainly won't accept to wait days or weeks and pay more than 50 bucks for NW - which I can get it fast and cheap directly from you. After all you are an internet company and you're selling bytes, good time and dreams.

Angry

Well I am as frustrated as I can get.
    I took part in the AO Beta all that time ago and ordered my copy of AO from Digital River who delivered the cd to me on the day the game went live.
    On the basis of this performance it seemed reasonable to trust Digital River to be able to do the same with the Notum Wars preorders.
    I even selected overnight deliver to be absolutely sure I would have the game.
    There is no point canceling my order as Game dont expect to have it in stock until the 6th of December.

Funcom should of chased digital river to ensure preorders were honoured in time, unless Funcom sent the cd's out so late that there was no chance Digital River could get them out in time.

At the end of the day the whole thing has been a complete and utter shambles thus far.

Thumbs down I think FC should be a little more aware of their customers.

It becomes more and more apparent that FC does not care at all about their customers as long as they get our cash. All the messing with release dates and the general unavailability of NW upon release, could be the drop for many players. I have cancelled my order for NW at Digital River as they where completely unable to deliver even close to release. If it takes more than a week to hit the stores I won't even buy it.
    I know this forum is not about buying/not buying, but that is not my point here. My point is that if FC want's their customers to take their products seriously they have to start acting like a responsible company. Postphone it if nescessary, or go ahead at random whims like you do now, but at least have the guts to tell your customers how when and why!
    So let me ask these 3 questions:
    HOW can we get a copy before launch (to late now anyway)
    WHEN will NW be generally available to the public.
    WHY have you made such a big mess out of this, and why didn't you keep us informed.

I don't expect any clear answers to these questions, but one can always hope...

preorder

i just checked the status on my preorder of Notum Wars from Digital River

it is still pending shipment (17.20, friday 28.11.02)

they might ship on saturdays, but i doubt this, so earliest shipment day is monday 02.12.02
    if i add shipment time, i will receive the product sometime early next week, so there is no way i'm able to register at 29.

Edit: knowing the postal system in Norway, the earliest i can register is sometime in week 50 (9-13. december)

Whotan
    Last edited by Whotan; Nov 28th, 2002 at 17:33:19.

FFS - This is crazy, i pre-ordered it.. and theres a chance it will be in the shops before i get my pre-ordered copy.. that sux, i want some compensation.. i pre-ordered it so that i would have it on the day - (so if i dont have it by 2moro - im gonna be pissed) even moreso if i find it in shops.. FS.

---

I've been getting all excited.. if i dont get my copy soon i'll rant and rant and rant and rant and rant..
    Susanooh Nano-Technician
    Level 170
    Shadow Level 0
    Alien Level 2
    (Proud owner of Nullity Sphere Mk I, Mk II, Luxuary Jobe Apt. & Pet Leets) (Atlantean)
    Info
    Equip. & Imp. Layout
    Perks
    History

/born Friday November 2nd 2001

Any chance to cancell the preorder...

I didn't find that option on the digital rivers pages, i was just thinking of getting a friend buy it for me and shipp it himself, probably much faster than waiting for Digital River.

But they already took my money so i guess i have to wait
    Chas "Thesarus" Michler
    Squad Commander of Redemption

Re: preorder

Originally posted by Whotan
    i just checked the status on my preorder of Notum Wars from Digital River

it is still pending shipment (17.20, friday 28.11.02)
    Thats curious because mine still says backordered
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

It says Backordered at the top and pending shipment lower on the page.

Mine is also backordered and I preordered on August the 27th!
    Unbelievable that I wont get it on time.
    Make you just wanna quit

Thumbs down

Digital River screwed my order over, I suggest you find a new company to process orders next time, funny thing is I ordered 3 copys of the NW booster the day you made it available on website and now I check my order and low and behold im on backorder FFS why ? so I have learned my lesson NEVER preorder from funcom... go buy it in the store.
    this reminds me of the opening days of Anarchy
    what a joke
    Order Number:53589*** Order Status: Backordered
    Purchase Date:22-AUG-02
    Last edited by Fishtaco; Nov 28th, 2002 at 21:59:15.
    "You eat the Bronto Burger, I want a taco !"

Guild Storm

Formula44 Fixer
    Fishtaco Engineer NEW NAME is Craftwoman
    Americanpie Agent - Retired
    proctology Doctor
    formula Bureaucrat
    Account Created 2001-06-27 15:29:57

Start day of NW postponed by one day - not long enough.

Reason not to delay the start day of NW

The small percentage of people (seems about 5%?) will get to play NW as soon as possible and they'll be happy because they get an unfair advantage. (is this really a reason not to? heh)

Reason to delay the start day of NW

Due to the major advantage the minority who got their copy from another source will have - large amounts of people who are interested in NW will be very angry and there will be another round of people quitting, bad mouthing and abusing Funcom = more closed accounts + more loss of reputation (is this really possible anymore though?)

Funcom... make the smart choice, delay the start day of NW until at least your official distributor has distributed all pre-ordered copies, and don't give people an unfair advantage - there's just no good reason to.
    For instant heal... just add water.

Kikmaidog - 218 Doctor
    Kikfix - 204 Fixer
    Kikfiz - 175 MP
    Kikdabucket - 125 Agent

Reborn Clan

Help to repopulate Rubi-Ka, make donations at your local mission booth.
    "Where are you calling from?" "I'm calling from my house." "Where's that?" "Down the street from you, YOU KNOW!"

Distributor: Digital River
    Purchase Date:15-OCT-02
    Nov 29th - Order Status: Backordered

I'm never preordering again :\
    Metalline, blessed with tradeskills and thunder - and irony

Well are any non US people going to get NW before it goes live?

I have checked my normal online stores, they either do not sell it or say Dec 6th. Even Game (EB in the UK) arn't getting it till then!

I expect this from other games. But MMORPG's are so global I expected more.

Well I hope my preordered Digital Rivers game comes through soon, but I am pesemistic.

well I guess I would be less happy if I lived in Norway and still couldn't get it. Can people pick up the game from the FC offices?

How about a cudly leet with every preorder? please

I'm not sure I will buy this game if this is the way they treat their customers.

If you want a game early never preorder online, cause they gotta ship it to you and that's gonna take more time than just motoring down to your local game store. When I preordered Tribes 2 it didn't get here until a week after it appeared in my local EB.

still does not excuse funcom for there nubi status on how they handled this booster pack, they out right refused to make the booster d/l able becuse they need retailers to help there sells but in fact there 3rd party help humped them without proper lubrication...... I smell burnt rubber !
    "You eat the Bronto Burger, I want a taco !"

Guild Storm

Formula44 Fixer
    Fishtaco Engineer NEW NAME is Craftwoman
    Americanpie Agent - Retired
    proctology Doctor
    formula Bureaucrat
    Account Created 2001-06-27 15:29:57

Ok, Launch Day is here, and my order status at Digital River still says 'BAck Ordered', even though I did place my order August 23rd!

I will not be using Digital River in the future, and I sure hope Funcom never do either >:/ Being stuck in Europe without the booster this weekend, really is not what I was planning when I 'pre-ordered', one would expect to recieve the sotfware well ahead of launch. After all, why else would anybody pre-order?
    Bret 'Bothead' Bannister
    Member of Rising Phoenix

I think its time to consider if you want to use Digital River another time.

And make the game downloadable. Who cares - let people pay full price, but still give them the option. They just need the key - but half the world either pay double price because of the distribution or simple can't get it in time. So stupid.
    "Should start a combined raid/NW bot, where people get points if they help take down a clan base. Should be most effective." - Said by Waikase 14th of May 2003 in sarcasm to the appearance of the first raidbots on Rk1.

Angry preorders

well guys i contacted DR and was told they would have it and send it next week. i then contacted a local store who will have it in the shops next week and i wont have to wait for delivery the following week so i have now cancelled my DR order and am deciding wether to buy it at all if this is the way we are treated.
    yes i am a long term AO player but at the end of the day enough is enough when do they treat us as paying customers and not a cash cow that can be milked whenever they feel like it???
    Smashemup by name and by nature

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast