Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: THIS is just plain WRONG !

THIS is just plain WRONG !

Having 30 peoples fighting X mob for 3 hours to make another one spawn thats just harder and that drop ONE freaking item all the 30 people wannt/need is just plain wrong and stupid, period.
    What about starting to get real and make them either drop enough parts for all the people that shot it, or whatever else but i aint going on like in EQ sitting on my ass for one week to wait one dragon to spawn to have 80 people waiting the same thing and then grief and be angry at everyone just because the game designer cant get his job straight.
    One simple thing you should not forget is that :
    " WE ARE YOUR DAMN CUSTOMERS " not your CEO, not your brilliant genius that makes quests/mobs. Those are employees, and i cant careless what they like or not.
    All i know is that your player base DONT like to spend their gametime on one simple mob to get one guy one item per day.
    Id rather go out or even play Warcraft3, cause at least one thing Blizzard knows is to make their customers HAPPY !!!
    What the hell is so hard with that ? Its freaking easy to make them happy.
    We asked to make the uber mobs a little bit harder so they need some tactics to be taken out.
    Giving mobs uber HP ISNT tactic, its a lame way to try to make them harder. SAme with AC/Evades/NR/ etc ...
    HP mong = not fun - Dmg mong = not fun.
    Each mob should be able to be taken down by one high team or if not, he should drop enough pieces of loot to make everybody happy so i dont need to spend 3 hours per day to explain everyone why they didnt get loot, why they didnt win the raffle, etc... Its making me wasting my time and them wasting yours.
    How long to you think people that never get anything will still answer my calls when i ask for more ? Not long. And the saddest is, if i could id rather let them do whatever they up to at the moment because im able to do it with my team and i dont need one freaking army and 3 hours to take a punk down.

NB: yeh im angry
    Infamine 200 soljah

Bump !

alltho I dont mind there is some 30+ people mobs.. but 30+ should be able to take any mob down in 30-40 mins.
    Last edited by BrutalThug; Nov 27th, 2002 at 12:40:18.

amen, think how much nicer it would be if mobs like this that drop suits of armour dropped the full suit every time they died.
    I think uber boss mobs should drop what they are wearing/using when they die.. not just 1 bit.
    --Rookie Teh "Wobble" Sux----------------------- AKA-----------------------Pirate "Ninjapirate" Dog--
    -+Legion+-
    WTB ATI T&L fix, h8 D3D.

m yeh full suit or either enough stuff to give everyone something.
    Infamine 200 soljah

Arrow

Wrangling a bunch of afk people for 2+ hours to see 1 piece of azure, 1 notum tank (and not even the good one) and 1 crappy nodrop that decayed really turned me off to this new content crap. The sh*tstorm that started over the loot wasn't fun either.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

*laugh*

You people think funcom cares about you..

hahahahaha
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

I think drop of items should be upped but that is not key issue here the key issue is the stupid spawn rates of 18hours that is just dumb everyone cant be on all the time like some of the ppl whos whole life is AO those ppl can be here for every raid others can which brings up my solution make the spawn like 4-5times daily which will give every person a chance to have a shot at the loot without having to wait till a spawn is within their freetime window

up item drops
    lower spawn time

only way to solve this

Welcome to EQ....errrrmmmm wait sorry.

Is the Item a good item, worth the trouble to go thru to get? Is it NoDrop? Unique?

Yeah yeah, I know Im gone in a few days, but....

If it dropped a full suit or multiple pieces, then peeps would be in and out. Or some would still get nothing, while others get some items repeatedly. These MASSIVE group mobs are Few for a reason.

Peeps being able to get in and out with the Phat Lewt would leave the same peeps in a shorter period of Time, Whining, not asking or stateing info, but Whining for UBER MOBS and Phat Lewt.

Tho, I am like you. If X Mob takes y time and z people to kill, 1 drop item is rather STUPID.

Suggestion:
    Upon the death a Said UberMob, all those still left alive and in the room, that have effected the death of UberMob in, atleast, a noticable way should be given an item. So that even if you happen upon one of these fights and jump into the fray, your able to recieve if your damage is in line with those around you, upon UBERMOBS death.

Healer or People doing this role should be based on the amounts of healing they did during the battle on those still left alive in the area when UBERMOB dies. Meaning someone that happens upon the battle, not affilated with the orgs or groups could actually stand back and assist.

This could be done like missions, where the item just randomly appears in your inventory. Thus maybe youll have to participate in multiple raids on the UBERMOB but atleast if all goes well you walk away with something.

Ok, thats my idea.

What GreyBear said.
    Screw baby Jesus, level limits make ME cry.

many HIGHLVL teams know the respwan time of the UBERmobs and they always come back or camp cause they know when it will be respwaned. i think the respwan time should be RANDOM or the RESPWAN PLACE SHOULD BE RANDOM ......

so noone could ever camp everywhere for x hours and wait .......................................
    ................ i hope

Yeh what greybear said sounds good.
    Two things tho, the mob on 18h rotation arent a problem since you can kill them in 20 seconds with the good team.
    And yes the high level people always camp those cause theres nothing else to do
    Infamine 200 soljah

Originally posted by Myself
    many HIGHLVL teams know the respwan time of the UBERmobs and they always come back or camp cause they know when it will be respwaned. i think the respwan time should be RANDOM or the RESPWAN PLACE SHOULD BE RANDOM ......

so noone could ever camp everywhere for x hours and wait .......................................
    ................ i hope

And the items would be even more rare, since there wouldn't be anyone there to kill the mob WHEN or WHERE it spawned...

-ThePartisan

I seem to remember the planes with the uber mobs were extemely popular in EQ. High level uber mobs and uber high level areas like the planes in EQ is really what this game needs.

Sure they took multiple groups and guild but people loved it. It's not for the solo casual player but it is a needed addition to any MMOG
    Fear is the Mind Killer.
    You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?

Originally posted by Bonk
    I seem to remember the planes with the uber mobs were extemely popular in EQ. High level uber mobs and uber high level areas like the planes in EQ is really what this game needs.

Sure they took multiple groups and guild but people loved it. It's not for the solo casual player but it is a needed addition to any MMOG
    aka High level content
    Animacion 160 Opi Enforcer equipment
    Takima 166 Trader
    Proud member of First Order for 3 years and going.

"All things around you grow stonger from your spilled blood. Now, you grow stronger from theirs."

Keep this in mind, Im gone on 12/2 wont be back. This forum will disappear soon, so carry that suggestion if you liked it to any other spot.

Im not a team player, I like to solo. So for me finding any group willing to let me join on one of these venture would have been astounding, then the odds at chance to get an item would have been astronimical. If everyone is pulling together on such a feat, then there should be something in it for everyone. 18 hours for 30 people isnt translated into each person would get something in due time, because at some point it would be a whole new 29 people and you. They not thinking youve been at it for 540 hours, but that you should be a random chance like they are.

Bonk, the Planes, tho they may have been fun were sometime to much trouble for so little reward.

Originally posted by GreyBear
    Welcome to EQ....errrrmmmm wait sorry.

Suggestion:
    Upon the death a Said UberMob, all those still left alive and in the room, that have effected the death of UberMob in, atleast, a noticable way should be given an item. So that even if you happen upon one of these fights and jump into the fray, your able to recieve if your damage is in line with those around you, upon UBERMOBS death.
    What you are describing is exactly how it works in DAOC. If a mob drops a special item for a class of people, then all of those people in the group that kills the mob gets that item. Sure was a more sane system than the EQ, er, AO one item per drop rule.

They tend to favor people who play hundreds of hours per month in these games. Its a shame, because we are all paying the same monthly price, no matter how little we play...

Drops should be Diablo 2 style: each item has a lvl and each mob around the item lvl has a chance to drop it.
    Just make them sure drops on big mobs like tarasque for example so people have a reason to go there but also give the casual or solo players a chance with the other system.

Make it all drop lots..and make it all Nodrop Unique..

You People Whine to Much...

:: cring tears of blood ::

Ok thats enough bickering children everyone back to school now.....

FC aint gonna do a damn thing......im cinvinced that they have completely lost sight of what the original goal was when they first coded Omni-1
    Phoenix1 - RIP
    Volske
    -------------------------------------------
    " No man accepts leadership with out the challenge of combat."

Originally posted by wrecklass

What you are describing is exactly how it works in DAOC. If a mob drops a special item for a class of people, then all of those people in the group that kills the mob gets that item. Sure was a more sane system than the EQ, er, AO one item per drop rule.
    This should be done in AO, for sure, Group with loot rights, entire group gets item. Make all stuff like this NODROP and UNIQUE.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast