Thread: Seperate PvP & PvM fixes

Seperate PvP & PvM fixes

The best way to balance PvP & PvM mechanics AT THE SAME TIME is to do one without affecting the other. Whether that is through player-effect only or mob-effect only or whatever...

PvP & PvM are radically disjointed worlds. Mobs don't have the same attributes/stats as players, and players will develop their character in different ways based on which they like to do. Players will also deal differently with mobs than with other players.

To mix the two worlds is to continuously wreck unpredictable havoc on either aspect of the game.

Yeah. I've often wondered myself why they didn't separate the two. Too hard? Too much work? It would certainly solve a lot of problems (and probably introduce quite a few new ones )
    Vanguard Mharc. Self-equipper extraordinaire no longer. I'm back!

I think they've started to do this. Look at patch 14.7. The biggest complaints people had in PvP had been GA, CH, and drains. NTs got a nano specifically to attack GA, Soldiers got a nano specifically to combat CH, and docs got a nano specifically to fight drains. The only one of those that could effect PvM is the doc nano - and that only for the soloing doc, I think.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

Talking Bump!

Right on Vashti!

I keep seeing people asking for trader nerfs cause trader's apparantly ownz in pvp, but I am a roleplaying trader who has never PvP'd, and only will do so in a roleplaying event. So don't nerf my modest abbilities vs Mobs cause traders are good in pvp.

don't nerf anything in PvM cause of PvP!

Aazamon General in The Nanomage Liberation Front

Until all are free!

Mission and generic mobs should have similar stats to players.

The balance to this game should only be done from PvP perpective and then "adjust" mobs.

Might be too hard to turn back now tho. They have been doing just the opposite for a long time.

Why lower damage for PvP only for example? At the same time they should have lowered all damage in the game and reduced the hitpoints of mobs to half. Same goes with nano adjustement etc.

I personally find it extremely silly that we have to have so complex PvM vs. PvP environment. It could be made much much easier.

Originally posted by Hypos
    I think they've started to do this. Look at patch 14.7. The biggest complaints people had in PvP had been GA, CH, and drains. NTs got a nano specifically to attack GA, Soldiers got a nano specifically to combat CH, and docs got a nano specifically to fight drains. The only one of those that could effect PvM is the doc nano - and that only for the soloing doc, I think.
    And that doc ransack resist buff ISNT WORTH CRAP.

On the other hand, neither is the soldier CH stop nano. I have fought 3 soldiers with that nano, and I owned all 3 of them badly.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Agreed, Turin. Those 2 examples aren't particularly effective.

It does, however, give evidence of attempts to tweak PvP without breaking PvM.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

Originally posted by Turin

And that doc ransack resist buff ISNT WORTH CRAP.

On the other hand, neither is the soldier CH stop nano. I have fought 3 soldiers with that nano, and I owned all 3 of them badly.
    Don't say that or next patch will have Soldier anti-doc nukes that will kill you in 6 seconds... "These nanos are not soldier luv, they are doc-balancing to combat doctor invincibility" will inevitably fly from some dev's pie-hole.
    "On the brink of the dark he stood, with only the dream of the cities, the million books, the spectral images of the people he had loved, who had loved him, whom he had known and lost. They will not come again. They never will come back again."

-Thomas Wolfe (1900-1938), Look Homeward, Angel

The real problem here, is that FunCom was really thoughtless with their original design. Now there are growing flaws with balance that can't easily be fixed. The game is suffering because of the negligence that FunCom had towards their game at launch. Annoying. I can't think of an easy way to fix this.

In a while, perhaps a few months, there may be a huge game altering patch and a billion complaints to come immediatly afterwards.
    Ernest "Zane0" Bunke - Equipment - Perks
    Obsidian Order
    Advisor

Fix 200+ Engineer Slayers

Originally posted by Hypos
    Agreed, Turin. Those 2 examples aren't particularly effective.

It does, however, give evidence of attempts to tweak PvP without breaking PvM.
    You know... that wouldnt surprise me.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me