Thread: Hold the phone................

Hold the phone................

I really hope this site has it wrong,
    site

check the EU/ US release dates in the thin orange line near the page header.

.....Cz can you now please confirm either way,I'm sure 3305 is NOT the only guild with members from both sides of the Atlantic!

to release at seperate times like this is unaceptable
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Ever hear of something called "shipping". They prolly dont want to hold up the US release to come out at same time for EU.

dude

same as with the original release.

can you please explain to me again why a european based company should charge crazy money for european players shipment while it is in stores in america and release it later then for the american market?

i am waiting.
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

Thought they where based in the states... just from Norway...
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Think the Servers and some people are based on the West coast in the states.

Think the company is based in OSLO.

Think this is something to do with Marketing and distribution, and contracts.

Best I can say is if you have guildies and they trust you and visaversa, have them ship it to you.

You might well get it before 12/3

This is the way its always been with online games, I remember some of the UO expansions, my guild in UO had quite a few british players in it and they couldnt get the expansions for usually 2 months after we did.

Jagdtyger

Funny thing...

EB here in the states got it on the 26th...told me they couldn't sale till the 27th. I go in today and they said that they won't be UNPACKING it until 30th or the 1st because they don't have time to stock the shelves atm. SOOOOO....I can't buy it local yet. STUPID IDIOTS!

KylSawz

Should have asked for the STORE MANAGER. And the district managers number.

In the past, Ive walked into Software ETC and had them pull games out of the case from the back. Before I left they put the box in the floor for two other people. Problem is that most of them have PREORDERS and are wanting to fill them first. IF one of the PREORDERS doesnt accept it within a 24 hour period it becomes sellable.

Yep, their distributors are in the US. Customs to many other countries can hold things up for days or even weeks. They COULD hold the US release to time with those other companies, but that would mean holding up taking money from US customers, and guess what the investors think of that idea?

MoooOoOoOoOooOoOoOooOoOoOOOOOoOooOOoOOoo

not a happy bunny ...
    Promoo - Agent, Clan on Rimor
    Still alive but now dressed in spandex and called Big Gun in CoH
    Keeper Of Tiggy

Happy Tree Friends - The best animation on the web

Yay. I'm thinking about all the prominent guilds with predominantly yank members and lots of high lvls....

ALL YUOR 250 BASES ARE BELONG TO US!!!!!!!

Good job I'm having fun playing AC2 euro beta. Stick yer expansion up yer ass. You know you have it bad when a company is guilty of both professionism and transposed nationalism

Update: Just went to check my pre-order status with Digital River. I pre-ordered the expansion when they where still calling it the Anarchy Online Booster Pack. Copy of my edited e-mail receipt below:

Dear *** ****,

Thank you for ordering through the Digital River Commerce System. The following email is a summary of your order. Please use this as your proof of purchase.

************************************************** ************************************************** **
    Thank you for your purchase!
    As a valued customer, we would like to extend you a special limited time offer.
    Receive 10% off your next online purchase made within the next three weeks!
    Simply click the link below, choose the items you want, and your 10% discount will appear in your shopping cart.
    http://www.digitalriver.com/FuncomEurope/43110
    It's our way of saying thank you!
    This offer expires three weeks from date of purchase.
    ************************************************** ************************************************** *

QUESTIONS REGARDING DOWNLOAD,TECHNICAL SUPPORT & BILLING

For assistance with your order, you can go to http://www.digitalriver.com/cs/ and perform the following tasks.
    - If you purchased our Extended Download Service, you may re-download your product
    - Check shipping status
    - Print an invoice
    - Contact customer service representatives
    - Get answers to general questions

For assistance with the product(s) you have purchased, please contact Funcom BV Europe at support@funcom.com.
    You can request information regarding the following tasks.
    - Questions on installation
    - Errors in software
    - Help with features
    - Upgrades, new drivers
    - General questions regarding the product

PLEASE LOOK FOR THE FOLLOWING IN YOUR CREDIT CARD STATEMENT DR *Funcom BV Europe

YOUR ORDER AND BILLING INFORMATION

Additional information for: Pre-Order Anarchy Online Booster Pack Digital River
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    unlock code: Assigned By Vendor

Customer Number: 25369098
    Order Number: 53631365
    Order Date: 23-AUG-02

* ***-*-**** ***, ******
    ******** ***, **** ****
    me@wherever.com

Product Qty Platform Delivery Method Price
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pre-Order Anarchy Online Booster Pack 1 Windows 98 SE/Me/2000/XP Digital River 20.99 EUR
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sub Total: 20.99 EUR
    Tax: 4.78 EUR
    Shipping: 6.28 EUR
    Total: 32.04 EUR

Note: There may be a slight discrepency between the amount shown on your credit card statement and the amount shown in the total box due to internal rounding calculations.

Check on order, where's it gone? Vanished. No sign of it at all. Can I be bothered doing another order after their vendor lost my months old pre-order? Probably not. Are mistakes like these gonna cost them an expansion pack sale and a players subscription? Highly likely. Bye.
    Last edited by Koppo; Nov 28th, 2002 at 11:52:41.
    NT's are Gods. No really we are. What are you lot laughing at???

Level 220 Clan NT. Proud member of JVC

My equipment