Thread: Clans: Where to gather for Teams?

Clans: Where to gather for Teams?

Ok, at higher levels it was pretty much a given that to find a team you went to the NW mission terminals in Tir. Now that FC has screwed up Tir by moving the Grid outside (Hey FC, you didn't solve any lag issues, you just moved them to a new location) half the people try to team outside and the other half still go to the NW terms. This has made trying to get teams together a giant pain in the ass since the patch. We need to come to some concensus on where we'll all meet to team.

I feel that the high level teaming area for Clans becomes the area just inside the south gate of Tir. INSIDE...not outside were the new lag hell is.

What do you think? Go here to post your choice.

Teaming Location Poll
    Last edited by AnotherFixer; Nov 26th, 2002 at 23:27:07.

LOL how about a teaming place for engineers and MPs?
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Talking

Originally posted by TheDeacon/Xcelsius
    LOL how about a teaming place for engineers and MPs?
    They are allowed on teams?
    Should have one of those pop up boxes telling you.....

Warning you are about to be teamed with an Engie/MP are you sure you want this?

heheheh
    Last edited by Hodelay; Nov 26th, 2002 at 23:42:43.
    Jinny "Hodelay" Belote
    Clan Opifex Trader - RK 2
    Proprietor of Hodelay's Boutique

Thought about using the Clan teaming channels?

Just transfer the /shouts to the channel, and mention where you are. Then you can form wherever you like. West Gate of Tir if you prefer
    My Main - Actionpete of the Red Tigers

And with one sweeping blow, Letah pwns everyone. :-D - Razishlyat, Nano Regen rate

The Shadowlands Perk System - "Are you feeling perky yet?"

On the Shadowlands Perk System:-
    Originally posted by OneChrisN
    Frankly we don't know anyting about it other that it's there and Enforcers can kick people in the nuts.

Originally posted by Hodelay

They are allowed on teams?
    Should have one of those pop up boxes telling you.....

Warning you are about to be teamed with an Engie/MP are you sure you want this?

heheheh
    Hehe, add another box that says "Do you wish to buff beg the mp before you fill his spot with another profession?"
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Re: Clans: Where to gather for Teams?

Originally posted by Highjack
    Ok, at higher levels it was pretty much a given that to find a team you went to the NW mission terminals in Tir. Now that FC has screwed up Tir by moving the Grid outside (Hey FC, you didn't solve any lag issues, you just moved them to a new location) half the people try to team outside and the other half still go to the NW terms. This has made trying to get teams together a giant pain in the ass since the patch. We need to come to some concensus on where we'll all meet to team.

I feel that the high level teaming area for Clans becomes the area just inside the south gate of Tir. INSIDE...not outside were the new lag hell is.

What do you think? Go here to post your choice.

Teaming Location Poll
    Oh, the teams are out there, they prolly just don't want to team with you?

"Oh darn, it's the whiner...hey, don't shout lfm ffs!!"

How about multiple Grid Terminals with one exit point.

For example:

A Grid Terminal at NW with a level 150+ req.
    A Grid Terminal at old Grid point for level 100-150
    A grid Terminal at FT for level 1-100
    You get the picture. If you meet the lvl req you can use any Grid Terminal, so a level 200 could use them all.

And players would grid out at same spot, say the old Whompa location above the store in FT.

Whatever you do, bring the Grid Terminals back INTO Tir! It just doesn't feel like a city anymore

How about the Old Athen grid term? It has mission terminals, shops and banks nearby AND you enter the grid closer to the BS exit.

They didnt excactly put the grid term in a pretty neighbourhood tho, but hey - you cant have it all!

Epoz

Originally posted by TheDeacon/Xcelsius

Hehe, add another box that says "Do you wish to buff beg the mp before you fill his spot with another profession?"
    Don't forget to implement the automated buffing after you've begged, since some MPs can refuse it =)

Before you flame me:
    Zarandia - lvl 143 MP

Just wanted to add a detail here, which could be interesting if FC FIXES pet pathing.

My meatball outdamaged the agent lvl 180ish when hunting a lvl 185 borg (with evocation offcourse )

Better Idea...

I actually think that the hi lvl clanners should build teams in Mort. It is easy to get missions to BS from there and the grid terminal is close. I know you Comp Lit skill must be hi - thus saying higher lvl clanners. But it is a scenic enough place that even has a scanner - just an idea.

Laterz
    KylSawz ..:: Lvl 216 Atrox Adv ::..
    General for Lost Chapter

Very good ide'a!

You get Bs missions in mort, And they give much better xp reward to!

now, how we get all ppl to hangout in mort?

im Into Mort, good mission selections with a slightly better reward xp than Tir and great grid access. Right next to Camelot grid also for those T-up times and few borgs drifting around for weapon testing. Tir is nasty and best to be avoided anyway.

Arrow

Wish I could get omnis to form teams in Mort. (Hope)

Having the terminals there go haywire for a day or two doesn't help though.

sigh, back to Newlag, er Newland.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Originally posted by Epoz
    How about the Old Athen grid term? It has mission terminals, shops and banks nearby AND you enter the grid closer to the BS exit.

They didnt excactly put the grid term in a pretty neighbourhood tho, but hey - you cant have it all!

Epoz
    Actually, there is no grid terminal in Old Athens, but hmm...they have 1 in West Athens?

Tsk, Noobs.

From the 14.7.1 patch notes last week

"Tir Grid terminal moved to outside the south gate of Tir, and Omni-1 Trade Grid terminal moved to the north side of the playfield. New Grid terminals placed in Old Athen and Borealis."

still the valid question remains:

why not use the lfg channels?
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

The lfg channels like all of the other channels either cover only the zone you are in. Or all the cities on your side if inside a city. By city I mean somewhere you have to zone to get in/out of.

So in Omni trade you can get chat from Omni Ent and Rome.

In Tir you get Old Athen and I think thats it? As soon as you leave Tir to use the grid you only get the chat for that zone.

Re: Re: Clans: Where to gather for Teams?

Originally posted by Gold

Oh, the teams are out there, they prolly just don't want to team with you?

"Oh darn, it's the whiner...hey, don't shout lfm ffs!!"
    {Moderator: Please. No comments like that.}
    Last edited by Cz; Nov 30th, 2002 at 11:33:32.

well

Originally posted by diatribe
    The lfg channels like all of the other channels either cover only the zone you are in. Or all the cities on your side if inside a city. By city I mean somewhere you have to zone to get in/out of.

So in Omni trade you can get chat from Omni Ent and Rome.

In Tir you get Old Athen and I think thats it? As soon as you leave Tir to use the grid you only get the chat for that zone.
    if i prep up to find a team it stands to reason that i AM in a city since i just restocked and sold loot.

also i enjoy to scan in a city ... guess i am just a wierdo.
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

Originally posted by Gold

Actually, there is no grid terminal in Old Athens, but hmm...they have 1 in West Athens?
    Actually there is one in Old Athen now - on the north side, next to the prison.