Thread: Could we get different Currencies?

Could we get different Currencies?

See it this way:

The clans want freedom from Omni-Tek, but we ALL use credits, dont we? And Omni-Tek was here first, so obviously we brought the money system into Rubi-Ka, so why would the Clans want to be using our currency? It could be rather interesting.
    Reynaldo "Monilith" Griffel
    Omni-Tek
    RK1

heh, makes since. Imagine the outcry if the credit was an actual paper currency with Philip Ross's face on it.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

Ill agree, if the new clanner money will have my beautiful face on it

or mine. i'm cuter
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

cout<<"I can't believe I wasted my time reading this"<<endl;

cout<<"I can't believe I wasted my time reading this"<<endl;

for(**){

cout<<"I can't believe I wasted my time reading this again and wrote this"<<endl;
    }

Summerbreeze 200 Fixer
    Enginemaker 203 Engineer (Retired cause new bots SUCK!)
    Vetgirl 177 Doctor Retired (See Why)
    Bigbunns 156 Enforcer (semi-retired.)
    Malams 150 Soldier
    Lumisolem 134 NT
    Hiddenfear 112 Agent
    OhNoNotHim 42 Martial Artist (BOW)

Levels: 1164
    Characters Nerfed To Oblivion: 3

"We see the light at the end of the tunnel and indeed it is a train, of mobs, that just mowed our crappy 201+ bots down and are comming for us."

I would assume that the 'credit' is issued and backed by the Interstellar Confederation of Corporations (ICC), or some branch thereof. It would be inefficient and cumbersome to galactic trade if every corporation had their own form of currency.

Originally posted by Mardelis
    I would assume that the 'credit' is issued and backed by the Interstellar Confederation of Corporations (ICC), or some branch thereof. It would be inefficient and cumbersome to galactic trade if every corporation had their own form of currency.
    What he said

Originally posted by Myers
    What he said
    Ditto

No

I don't think it will work to split a fake currency, especially because there is no medium item of value to compare it with (such as gold) and you will severly reduce trade. It simply does too little for all the problems and hassles it would cause.

not to mention server headache hehe
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1
    Advisor Midnight Reveries.

Do politics exist? Yes.
    Who's involved in them? Anyone who wants to be.

If you spend your time worrying about what everyone else is doing in their lives, you'll miss what's happening in yours.

LOL

Can you imagine the fiasco of introducing this concept into the game?? If a 'fix' to the amount of items that an apartment can hold broke combat ... what do you suppose this will break?

Funcom: We regret to inform the player base that the introduction of different currencies into the game has caused a serious graphic bug that causes all non-trader characters to have Gomer's nose and nasty feet. Also, all non-trader characters repeatedly /terminate after logging in. We will be rolling this change back immediately. We apologize for any inconvenience.