Thread: The usual complaint about my weapon

The usual complaint about my weapon

I was just looking through the online manual (looking for some script commands) and I decided to read the description of my characters profession...again.

Everytime I do this I get irked about the primary point in which engineers are short-strawed by the developers.
    His robot is his weapon and protection, and an Engineer is easily recognisable by his ever-present automated friend.
    There is no other profession for which their primary weapon automatically de-equips everytime they log.

You may point out that crats and MPs have the same problem, but they also have direct damage. Engies do not.

Many complain that Engies are the buff-begginist bunch in the game, but we wouldn't be if our gun (pet) didn't disappear when we fall asleep.

With the recent dispersion of crowds in Trade (moving of the grid and bank) and the hard-siding of Tir, you've destroyed two of the three places that this lonely neutral engineer can ever find da buffs.

Com'on FC, everyone else can buff up to their primary weapon (self buff or 3rd party), put it on and keep in on. In your own words the engineer's "robot is his weapon," so let us have the same priviledge. Stop forcing us to be annoying buff beggers and allow soloists to lead the semi-solitary lives they want. The bot should either log with us and reappear when we do, or there should be tools or nanos that allow us to pack and recreate a bot, previously built, without having to rebuff for it.
    Last edited by RoboKa; Nov 27th, 2002 at 00:25:58.
    RoboKa & RoboKaKa
    Solitus Neutral Engineer & Pet

RoboKa, you whiny little jerk from hell!
    My poor gun!
    My poor bot!
    Buff me!
    Buff me!
    Please FunCom, help me play!
    Make the game easy for me!
    Me!
    Me!
    Me!

Why don't you just suck it up and play the game like the rest of us.
    Join a guild!
    Get a job!
    Get a clue!
    Polish your friggin' shoes!
    Eat Some Brocolli!
    Read a book!
    Fly, why don't ya!
    JUST GO BREATH SOMEWHERE, WILL YA!!!!!!!!!!

I make me sick!
    RoboKa & RoboKaKa

I am for it, as long as OE rules apply to bot's like they do to weapons.

No, everyone does NOT self buff into their weapons.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Sorry, Yazule, I wasn't clear. I didn't mean to suggest that people only self buff into weapons, simply that that do get buffed up to equip a weapon then don't loose it when they log.
    Thanks for pointing out the nebulus nature of my comment. It is duely noted and corrected in the post.
    RoboKa & RoboKaKa

The easiest solution would be to keep the reqs on the crystals where they are, drop the reqs on the nano itself to the current OE level for the bot, do the same with the shell and level the OE reqs on the bot where they are.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Example:
    Currently if a bot nano crystal requires 200 in MC/TS, that's 200 to upload it, 200 to cast it, 200 to use the shell and about 160 to control the bot.

Under the new system you'd require 200 to upload it, 160 to cast it, 160 to use the shell and you'd still require 160 to control the bot.

Only do this with pet nanos, not with any other type of formula.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The biggest problem I can see is that every prof would want all of their nanos to work that way. That's actually a fairly significant obstacle.

Cheers,

~R~

However, I'm not asking all engie nanos to act that way, just the ones that are stated in the designer's dogma as being our primary weapon...jus'sayin'
    RoboKa & RoboKaKa

I understand the point you are trying to make,
    however,
    when I see a green engi run by with a bot that is blood red I just can't summon up any tears for you

Originally posted by Kwerk
    however,
    when I see a green engi run by with a bot that is blood red I just can't summon up any tears for you
    well, everytime I see a pet hump a chair/table/wall/air I cry for engies. Everytime I see a corner office with a big desk, I think poor engies. Sure, metas and crats got equal pathing-problems, but their pets only has a limited lifespan anyway, so they HAVE to be able to self-cast it. Metas even got the buffs all other pet proffs begs for (although they got two or three pathing things to keep track of)

crats got charms to make the enemies their pets, and calms if things go wrong.
    Engies? What do they have? If only their new pet-root-breakers would work when the bot is 'rooted' by tables, chairs, walls, stupidity.

There. My crusade for engies has officially begun.

-edit-
    letting engies keep their pets after logging would at least give them some help.
    Last edited by Skybert; Nov 27th, 2002 at 08:36:48.

Originally posted by Kwerk
    however,
    well, with the uhm..limited AMS of pets getting outside buffs to cast a heavily OEd pet is the only way to do some reasonable damage at all. the new pet AMS buffs may help (but you need outside buffs to cast them due to insane reqs). dunno how they work out, i had no time to play my engy yet.
    btw where exactly is the difference for you between an engy with a bloodred bot and an agent/soldier/enforcer with weapons they barely can with all their buffs for their main attack skills ( engies have none for the skills to cast bots ) keep out of OE ?

Thanks for your support folks!!!!!!!!!
    RoboKa & RoboKaKa

I started ninja buffing engies a while ago... now I will double my efforts.
    The Lion Banner sways and falls in the horror-haunted gloom;
    A scarlet Dragon rustles by, borne on winds of doom.
    In heaps the shining horsemen lie, where the thrusting lances break,
    And deep in the haunted mountains, the lost, black gods awake.
    dead hands grope in the shadows, the stars turn pale with fright,
    For this is the Dragon's Hour, the triumph of Fear and Night.

Robert Ervin Howard

Originally posted by Nephilia
    I started ninja buffing engies a while ago... now I will double my efforts.
    roflol ninja buffing!

choice!
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL