Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wives and AO, the great mystery.

Talking Wives and AO, the great mystery.

This is ment to be taken lightly (:

Ok so I was reading another post and the person stated that they recently started playing AO again and in (quite to the dismay of my wife).

It made me think of my situation. My wife feels the same way. Even if I only play for an hour i still feel guilty. My wife has been known to say things like "your thinking of AO right now aren't you" when i'm day dreaming and what not. Unfortunately she is correct most of the time. AO is definatly addictive. But i left and came back after 3 months of not playing. I have come to realize that AO is an incredible game, with great depth to it. Its something that i enjoy playing and therefore will continue to play.
    So, dealing with it. After being gone for 3 months i have been able to come back and work AO into my life easier then before, and deal with my wifes feelings of abandonment lol (:
    Something I found that helps, is if you think about whats going on at home first before you play. Does she have plans? Does she look at you with that look of, i'm waiting to spend time with you? What i have found is that if i think about how much time i can play for before i start playing i won't get into too much trouble, so...
    Before starting to play AO i recommend figuring out how much time you have to play. Say you note that she seems needy. Well then try to only play for an hour, i know this is hard but its easy if you know ahead of time. Avoid doing ql90+missions with 200+ guys in them, thats a sure way of geting on your wifes bad side...seeing as they can take freaking 4hours to do lol If you know you have 4 hours then go for it. And unfortunately one of the best ways to spend time with AO, is to stay up late past your wifes bed time. Luckly my wife goes to bed like at 9pm usually so i don't have to stay up too late, usually till 12.
    So for me, the key is knowing how much time i can spend on AO before i start. Twinking a charcter or shopping or things like that i can stop anytime if she is calling. But if i'm in a team, i tmakes things difficult.

Anyway, post your ideas on this and problems.

sorrow

Haha- I know how you feel... well, sort of. My girlfriend tries to make me feel guilty for playing, and not spending every waking second staring at her and complimenting her shoes.

I have no way of dealing with it, honestly. I just do it anyway, and when she gets annoyed and starts complaining, I think about the ocean.
    k- This message has been reviewed by intrusive goons searching for "evil-doers".

things that might help

some suggestions

Change the "last word" buff to Female only - that might help, besides females seem to have it in rl.

Get turned into a big animal before going on a special date, who knows what might happen... darn gettin my worlds, mixed up.

tell her that at least your are not looking at p0rn.

play a healer so you are not killing people

(one good suggestion though is to turn off the volume when you are not in combat and talk to her, lets say, when running to a mission, or doing implants or something like that. That way your sig other, wont feel that AO means loss of you. also to give her a couple minute warning when you are going to come to a busy spot. Next let her see you chatting and not fighting, so she can see the social aspect of this game. Next show her the waterfalls, and tell her that that is where you would take her if you could have a picnic. next tell her that once a week you are going to spend an evening on AO, so she should leave you alone that evening, and not disturb you, she can go out with her friends, and then tell her the evening following that one, it will be back massage and candles night.)

wait a minute
    There's a player out there who's actually met a real woman? well thats incredible!

Ani.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

I got my Girlfriend to play AO instead! ...
    Its great fun, where in the same guild and plays propably
    15-25h / w, I can play all I whant, when i want....
    To do this ... Showed her the Doc prof =P
    Show her how the game works....
    Let her try it out i think many girls who dont usaly like computer gamplay could like AO.
    I think that AO has alot of "girlpotential"!

And they lived happaly ever after.... In there world of ilusions.
    Synaptikk, Adventurer, Omni, RK-1
    Zhaga, Engineer, Omni, RK-1
    Foulplay, Agent, Omni, RK-1

KEEPER OF "ADVBOT" @ RK-1, JOIN!! (read about it)

"Moment of terror is the beginning of life" - Front242

Reminds me of the Red Green Show.

"We're men. We can't help it. We're sorry. We'll try to do better."

Ok, real life solution.

My friend has a wife and 4 small children. The wife needs to be at work at 7:00 am so goes to bed at 10pm, kids are already asleep.

He goes to bed with her, but at 10:30 when he is sure she is asleep, he slips out of bed and plays computer games until 3 am unmolested.

He fortunately requires no sleep. Meanwhile I have slept 9 hours and can't keep my eyes open.

Another solution:

Another friend is recently married and his wife loves reality based TV- particularly "The bachelor"- as it caters to her desire to perseverate over issues and emotions and dream of the Knight in shining armor. I told him that this is her release, her computer game. She should afford him the same time for his outlet.

The bottom line with women is that they must feel that they are the star that shines in your sky at all times. Not that they want your "attention"(read between the lines) at all times, just the reassurance that they are more important than the "big game" or that "stupid computer game".

You just need to get divorced and marry someone who has her own intersets and can stand alone, otherwise you will be leveraged with guilt everytime you want some "private time" or time with the boys.
    "So shines a good deed in a weary world."

i never waste my time with realationships with women.
    If they have some problems with playing Ao open the door and kick that bi+#+ right out of it.

Doing lvl200 missions is more fun than sex even can be.

Crowsis

I had the same problems with my own wife, so did a few rl freinds, the "girls" would say to us all "we're AO widows", bit like the expression golf widow.

Then I showed my wife how to make a character, withing a month if we both had the same day off, instead of lying in with the sunday papers it would be a race for who could get to the PC first and logg into AO.

So I built another PC, and eventually paid for another AO account, it's quite fun to team up with your wife, never mind voice-command software, shouting "no calm the furthest one to me you idiot" is way more fun...j/k

Peace
    cal
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Originally posted by Crowsis
    i never waste my time with realationships with women.
    If they have some problems with playing Ao open the door and kick that bi+#+ right out of it.

Doing lvl200 missions is more fun than sex even can be.

Crowsis
    GOD DAMN - you must have crap sex..

pretty/romantic sex = better than ao
    fun sex = better than ao
    dirty sex = better than ao

IMO

There isnt any type of sex or way of having sex that would make me think.. hmm, im missing AO.. damn i need to sort out that implant. arg i really need to lvl, ooh i cant wait till i get my full set f dragon flesh...

however - AO is the best game i have ever played.. and i did once dream about it.. i then took a week off.. but my girlfriend is a 10000000 times more important than AO to me... but AO is an important part of my life esp. as i have rl friends on here...

some suggestions

Change the "last word" buff to Female only - that might help, besides females seem to have it in rl.

Get turned into a big animal before going on a special date, who knows what might happen... darn gettin my worlds, mixed up.

tell her that at least your are not looking at p0rn.

play a healer so you are not killing people

(one good suggestion though is to turn off the volume when you are not in combat and talk to her, lets say, when running to a mission, or doing implants or something like that. That way your sig other, wont feel that AO means loss of you. also to give her a couple minute warning when you are going to come to a busy spot. Next let her see you chatting and not fighting, so she can see the social aspect of this game. Next show her the waterfalls, and tell her that that is where you would take her if you could have a picnic. next tell her that once a week you are going to spend an evening on AO, so she should leave you alone that evening, and not disturb you, she can go out with her friends, and then tell her the evening following that one, it will be back massage and candles night.)

wait a minute
    There's a player out there who's actually met a real woman? well thats incredible!

Ani.
    This is actually very useful thanks.. (tho i had thought of most of these ideas already - but i really like the picnic idea)

Ani - yes - i've met many real women, but i have been with my gf since before i started AO - but at that time i was playing mankind (thats a good game - but AO is far superior IMO)

Any ways this was a very random post
    Susanooh Nano-Technician
    Level 170
    Shadow Level 0
    Alien Level 2
    (Proud owner of Nullity Sphere Mk I, Mk II, Luxuary Jobe Apt. & Pet Leets) (Atlantean)
    Info
    Equip. & Imp. Layout
    Perks
    History

/born Friday November 2nd 2001

Lol you guys are cracking me up.
    And yeah Sex is better then AO no doubt. Though owning someone in pvp after u just finished somone off, and got ganked, and end up beating the ganker (: now thats nice...yes...very nice..

sorrow

I'd have to go so far as to say

bad sex= better than ao
    Screw baby Jesus, level limits make ME cry.

Here lately for me, masturbation has been better than AO. Plus, i've got something to show for it when i'm done.
    In lieu of a better signature, this'll have to do

Comment to me from my g/f ....

"you love your computer more than me!"

"dont you think it's a bit odd playing computer games at your age?"

Comments from me to my g/f ....

" no hon its just that I need to relax from a stressful day"

" I could go out drinking all weekend and playing football rather than spending a few hours a week on my computer if you like"

" no its not odd I am your sad cybergeek b/f"

Comments from me to my computer ...

"now my beut she has left us alone"

"Mwwhhahahahahahah"

" work ***** or its the club hammer for you"*

* this is a general threat to my computer when something chooses not to work after XXX days of working fine. The reason behind this is that if I smack my pooter with a clubhammer I know exactly what is wrong .. some idiot took a clubhammer to it.
    Promoo - Agent, Clan on Rimor
    Still alive but now dressed in spandex and called Big Gun in CoH
    Keeper Of Tiggy

Happy Tree Friends - The best animation on the web

Originally posted by Welzzin
    Here lately for me, masturbation has been better than AO. Plus, i've got something to show for it when i'm done.
    now that's a sig

peace
    cal
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Originally posted by DLS242
    I got my Girlfriend to play AO instead! ...
    Its great fun, where in the same guild and plays propably
    15-25h / w, I can play all I whant, when i want....
    To do this ... Showed her the Doc prof =P
    Show her how the game works....
    Let her try it out i think many girls who dont usaly like computer gamplay could like AO.
    I think that AO has alot of "girlpotential"!

And they lived happaly ever after.... In there world of ilusions.
    This is what I did.

She's actually a nurse in RL, so that wasn't such a big jump.
    Garret "Necc" Scheer press officer of Desert Winds (MSAS)

Karma, the world's true equalizer.

Free Rubi-Ka!

One thing to consider

When I get told that i am cyber geek and odd, I just say, Acutally honey, everyone I hang out with does this too, I must be normal!

Ani.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Alex "Cado" Portello - Atrox Enforcer
    Lakisha "Sheelai" Thompon - Solitus Doctor
    Al "Asdur" Orender - Solitus Martial Artist

I have no nose .. I peeked on Ani while she took a shower!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Im the soppiest guy ever - but thats an amazing picture
    Susanooh Nano-Technician
    Level 170
    Shadow Level 0
    Alien Level 2
    (Proud owner of Nullity Sphere Mk I, Mk II, Luxuary Jobe Apt. & Pet Leets) (Atlantean)
    Info
    Equip. & Imp. Layout
    Perks
    History

/born Friday November 2nd 2001

Ha... I love this thread; I have been playing AO since like 2 months after it went gold... My wife hates it, I am always talking about it and whats going on in game, the nerfs, the people... She just looks at me like I am crazy, then when i speeded home after a movie to get to a guild meeting she was about to kill me...I took a break from like 14.2 something err other till now.. She doesn't mind too much anymore...

Oh yeah i never offered to her to try it. Then i wouldn't be able to play my 8-10 hours a day...

The sharing rule doesn't apply to the computer....

Yea just hook up your girlfriend with the Crack-Cocaine style games, great idea...

So she finally breaks down to your nagging that the game is cool and watches you create a character.. She asks some questions, figures out some of the Roleplay aspects, realizes there's Clothes shopping INGAME! UH OH!

THE NIGHTMARE BEGINS!!

2 weeks later.

/tell girl Hey you're playing without me encouraging! Cool!

.. pause..

/tell girl Hallo?

Girl: Oh sorry getting uber xp here/Oh sorry talking to 2389374 guys who're getting horny all over their keyboards/Someone gave me the painted hood, and 20 million cred, and some other wierd stuff that came from some dragon... he was so nice!

<you wonder why God is playing this dirty joke on you, as you log on to your pitiful 20k left after buying a plane, and wonder exactly how long your Girl is gonna flirt with this guy for endless supply of uber stuff>

2 Months later. The happy couple living together.

/s "Honey Im hooome from grocery shopping for our lovely household and continual nourishment!"
    /s "halooo!?"

<su****ious noises coming from the computer room>
    You walk in,

/s "Holy crap what is that thing!"

Girl: "Don't yell, its a Rare Scintillating Zombie Nano-Mantis of death and.." <trails off, intently hitting buttons>

<you stare dumbfounded at some insanely high level creature you have never even heard of, much less even thought once about going near>

Girl: tap tap tap tap tap tap

You: "What level are you now anyways?"

... time goes by..

Girl: (looks at you for the first time) "Oh so how was your day?"

<you read off the screen she's 20 levels higher than you now, somehow, with 1/3 the playtime>

You: "MY day was fine. Heh funniest thing happened at work.."

.. time goes by...

/me yawns..

/me AHEM.

Girl looks up, "yes?"

You: "So how about a romantic candlelight dinner cooked by me with Roses I hand picked in Mexico last week on the table, with a 200 Dollar bottle of wine, and then I'll give you a sacred mud massage, followed by a 6 hour session of deep soulful lovemaking and conversation baring my most intimate feelings and desires? Whaddaya say?"

..Time goes by...

Girl: taptaptaptaptap.. pause. <distractedly> "Oh uhm... yea sure, just let me finish this team mission"

Girl: completely ignores your prescence till 3am, proceeds to wake you up, demanding sex, upset that you drank all the wine.

/me shakes head.
    "'Techs are your friend! Everyone uses Nano!" - Zaenix
    "Wushu Ninjagirl, smackin mobs like beef slappin on wet pavement" - Rosmarin
    "Never trust a hive-mind" - Sittinpretty (ex-OT mind control subject)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast