Thread: Funcom Deserves Credit

Thumbs up Funcom Deserves Credit

Given all of the quite frankly emotional abuse lately as a result of the patching problems and the newly-emerging supply crisis with Notum Wars, I do have to give credit to FC for one thing: has anyone noticed how often the VoF and RK Times stories are being updated? We went through a stretch in October of hardly hearing a thing, and this is certainly a nice change.

But it seems like us Omni people are losing the content battle...badly. In fact, I think we're being royally whoopped by our Clan counterparts up north. To all employees: submit news quick! The propaganda war rages!

Ahh, my favorite kind of war . . .the informational type.
    Omni's going down in a tidal wave of newspaper clippings!!
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Angry I cant beleive what has happened...

OOC:

All the FC story line has been against the will of the Clanners. We do not want Silverstone in power, he is a radical. God only knows what he will bring down on us... All the recent press releases from OT officers have been mostly conjured up lies, that no one knows where they came from at all...But we come right back with our own witty political responses.

I wouldnt be surprised to see a paper war soon between OTSEC and the CoA. Infact I would love to have one. If they continue to call us terrorists I am sure I can think of things to charge them with. Its not very difficult, look at how corrupt they are...

And...

/me thinks FC deserves the bottom of his boot

After the CoA patrolled Tir for months FC cranks out some BS thing where the Sents come and take over Tir. Essentially making the Clans all terrorists again...

/me hangs his head in shame

Months of policy and patrols and helping people and defending. Now reduced with this one little patch to a big fat nothing. If thats all the thanks I get for my hard work, I am just going to continue with the CoA, and make them bigger and better than the Sents.

I am officially upset...

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

this is sarcastic right?

We went through a stretch in October of hardly hearing a thing, and this is certainly a nice change.
    w00t we get stories about how cool the storyline is... FINALLY.. after months of little/nothing

the storyline affects my game in NO way shape or form other than "will the guards attack me today" bleh

I am not a big RPer... part of that reason is lack of storyline, part of it is lag at any event I have gone to (to the point of continual crahing).

I saw an event, followed the OT guys walking though tir, followed them to a VW and a space ship (crashed) ... watched the OT go into the spaceship, could not zone in (like the OT players could).

Why would you have such an event, walking through tir, gathering interest, just to take us to nowhere and zone into a zone we could not go to.

Then the "leader" zones out, I follow him to tir wompa, and boom tir crashes and I lose him.

how lame is that. I spent 30-45 min following him around listening to him say "take it easy sargent or I will demote you" while all around me I had clanna's screaming OOC ... using the foulest of language, saying nothing that I could consider RP.. "F*** OT, you F***ing bastards", "what the F*** are these B****** doing here f***ing with us" etc... you get my point

big boot in the hiney for Funcom for their "storyline"
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

The story updates have been great

Actually, I wasn't talking about the storyline - I was talking about the player-submitted news items that appear in the Voice of Freedom (Clan) and the Rubi-Ka Times (OT) (and on that subject, why is it that neuts don't have their own news source on the main site?).

But I do agree that the storyline at present is pretty useless and non-existent. Think about it - if this were an actual society, as soon as the Sentinels walked into Tir and slaughtered the ICC people, two things would have happened:

1. The ICC would have immediately issued a release condemning the actions of the Sentinels, and would undoubtedly have strengthened their forces elsewhere in case Tir wasn't the only target. All forces planet-wide would be put on a hightened state of alert, and they would certainly appear more nervous than they do now.

2. Ross would have stood up, banging his angry fists on his desk, and similarly condemned this action.

Instead, we get silence. The ICC peacekeepers in Andromeda still pace about, oblivious to what's happening more than 10 feet directly in front of them. There are the same number of guards in the neutral territories, and they are similarly lifeless.

We have all of these new shops and billboards, but no one has told us why. Do you not think that people might think it odd to suddenly wake up one morning, see all of this stuff, and not know how or why it was put there? More importantly, given that NW goes live in less than 48 hours, you would think the media would have been alerted by now as to why, come Thursday, the planet is suddenly going to be thrust into a chaotic civil war over mining properties.