Thread: Deal with The Devil

Deal with The Devil

When the council of truth left Tir I must say I wasn't disappointed. They were indecisive petty, and overbearing. The only disadvantage I saw of them not being there was the lack of protection making Omni presence ramped, and effectively lowering moral.

That's why I was the first to start talks about adding new guards to the city. I went from clan meeting to clan meeting looking for support for my plan to instate new guards throughout Tir. Though I found support with ease it was quite taxing on the smaller clans to put together a standing army, and we decided that time would be tough, but we would have our city protected. Just as we were gathering recourses The Sentinels came in with promises of a Tir clear of Omni-Tek and more protected than ever. I was overjoyed knowing that we would no longer have to support our army alone. Guards were placed throughout Tir, and all Omni-Tek employees were eradicated.

In the wake of these new changes I, confident in the protection of my city, decided to head out for a hunt in Varmint Woods. Just before I walk into the Whom-pah I hear a familiar voice coming from the ICC Whom-pah, I step back and look. It was a neutral friend of mine. As I walk toward him I hear a shout and see him burst into flames and fall to the ground. I come to his aid but see he has already died, as I look up I see a smiling guard weilding his flamethrower. At a loss for words I simply say "why?" Then the guard's smirk drops and he assumes a serious tone "Just following orders" he says. I had talked to Simon Silverstone before, and spoke about the creation of my "Nova Flow" variant, "Vivalamosa's Ice Flow" and he had seemed stern, yet quite cooperative. But when I came to him about him shooting nuetrals he nearly turned me away. And started talking about some clan superiority propaganda.

After this incident I started realising the changes to my city. Symbols of death and distruction surrounding me, people in fear of guards who obviously have their own agenda. I knew no protection was a bad but are The Sentinals even worse? I suppose we have no other choice at this point. We must accept our deal with the devil and hope for their benovolence.
    Vivalamosa
    Breed : Solitus
    Faction : Clan
    Profession : Soldier
    PvP Title: Freshman
    Clan: The Professionals
    Clan Title: Director
    Dimension: Rubi-Ka 1 (Atlantean)

((OOC: Wonderfully written, Vivalamosa.

What I'm finding as quite surprising is that I have yet to see a Clan member or noted Clan organization actually issue a statement in support of the Sentinels' actions. Obviously, the community was happy to see the ICC go, but no one has rallied to Mr. Silverstone's cause.

Given that, according to (I think) an IGN article, the Sentinels have stolen the notum mining technologies and will be the ones supplying the Clans with what is essentially Omni-Tek equipment, it is safe to assume that their guards will be in Tir for quite some time.

The Neutral community is also up in arms over the fact that open-season has been declared on them when they try to enter Tir.

So, FC now has a situation in which the Clans don't support the Sentinels' presence and the Neutrals hate it (of course, us Omni people are still sitting in Rompa laughing about the whole thing j/k).

I think this will be a true test of just how much players can influence the story. Assuming Rubi-Ka is a "real world", Mr. Silverstone has quite the PR crisis on his hands, and the Sentinels will certainly have to earn the Clans' trust. But, should they fail in doing so, and once the Sentinels' guards start hitting reclaim faster than agents in PvP (cheap shot, I know) because all sides are targetting them, will FC actually modify the storyline as a result?))

Edit: added the OOC tags just in case...
    Last edited by Ammicus; Nov 26th, 2002 at 18:51:40.

I do appreciate The Sentinels’ technology, and their style is definitely to my likening, but their ideas for the future of the clans, and unwillingness to cooperate and even listen to the other clans worries me. I plan to keep on trying to cooperate with The Sentinels for the good of the Clans, but I don’t trust their intentions. By the name of my clan you can assume we are bound by policies of respect, chivalry, and professionalism. So for now I am going to continue planning the creation of “Vivalamosa’s Ice Flow” and keeping Tir protected with The Sentinels until we can find a resolution to our conflicts in interest.
    Vivalamosa
    Breed : Solitus
    Faction : Clan
    Profession : Soldier
    PvP Title: Freshman
    Clan: The Professionals
    Clan Title: Director
    Dimension: Rubi-Ka 1 (Atlantean)