Thread: Is Anything Being Done With PVP?

Is Anything Being Done With PVP?

PvP, is a huge matter right now, for just about everyone, the game is unbalanced, the rock paper scissors system, well sucks, and titles need to be reworked. Im getting kind of worried that no action is being taken to work out these bugs and such, but id like an official response from someone.

If not, thats ok, you guys got other things to do, but just a yes or no would be great.

Re: Is Anything Being Done With PVP?

Originally posted by Jerrakean
    PvP, is a huge matter right now, for just about everyone, the game is unbalanced, the rock paper scissors system, well sucks, and titles need to be reworked. Im getting kind of worried that no action is being taken to work out these bugs and such, but id like an official response from someone.

If not, thats ok, you guys got other things to do, but just a yes or no would be great.

Ermm.. pvp actually isnt a huge matter to everyone, only a small part of the players do pvp regularly. Most people dont care if you kill an engi and an engi kills noone.

Most people are concerned with pvm factors that keeps getting messed up by the pvpchanges, funny that those changes arent even liked by regular pvpers.

Re: Re: Is Anything Being Done With PVP?

Originally posted by Whites

Ermm.. pvp actually isnt a huge matter to everyone, only a small part of the players do pvp regularly. Most people dont care if you kill an engi and an engi kills noone.

Most people are concerned with pvm factors that keeps getting messed up by the pvpchanges, funny that those changes arent even liked by regular pvpers.

LOL are you dense?

1) this is the pvp forum so get out of here with your care bear bull

2) the only reason a LOT of people dont pvp is the unbalanced nature

3) the expansion pack is CHUCKED FULL OF PVP CONTENT

4) see #1

5) There is NOTHING else to do at level 200 except pvp

Jerrakean : you are right, they need to do something.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Re: Re: Re: Is Anything Being Done With PVP?

Originally posted by Yazule

LOL are you dense?

1) this is the pvp forum so get out of here with your care bear bull

2) the only reason a LOT of people dont pvp is the unbalanced nature

3) the expansion pack is CHUCKED FULL OF PVP CONTENT

4) see #1

5) There is NOTHING else to do at level 200 except pvp

Jerrakean : you are right, they need to do something.
    in order of response.

1. The generalisation of the playerbase using the word everyone is indicating he were aiming for, thats right everyone!

2. No, thats not the reason why people dont pvp, some people dont see the fun in it at all.

3. And your point is?

4. No idea what you are trying to say.

5. You are right, how about adding something for the majority of the players instead of catering to the very few that pvp.

ppl that dont pvp = untermenschen
    Sergio "Karill" Marinos

Re: Re: Re: Re: Is Anything Being Done With PVP?

Originally posted by Whites

in order of response.

1. The generalisation of the playerbase using the word everyone is indicating he were aiming for, thats right everyone!

ME : The word he makes no sense to me, and who is talking about everyone, I am talking about the pvpers, which is a lot of people

2. No, thats not the reason why people dont pvp, some people dont see the fun in it at all.

ME: more people dont see the fun of it out of imbalance than out of not wanting to pvp (I have talked to a lot of non-pvpers about this). The lack of team play is #2 on the list from what I can tell. The pure carebear mentality is not even close to the top of why people dont pvp

3. And your point is?

ME: Funcom wants this to be a pvp game, not much of a war between sides without pvp, the pvpers will be the true roll players in this game, not people out there talking in thee's and thou's. You need to go play EQ

4. No idea what you are trying to say.

ME: My point is this is the pvp forum, how would a role player like me to come into the RP forum and talk ooc about things that are not role play related, or to just bash RP in general... that would make me a troll, so you are being a.........

5. You are right, how about adding something for the majority of the players instead of catering to the very few that pvp.

ME: The very few you speak of is a falacy, the only reason that there are very few is due to imbalancing and lack of team play. Being a non-pvper you only see your very narrow viewpoint.

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Poll

this pole shows that 36% of the people in game pvp or want to difinitively. Then lets assume that SOME of the people that want to/do pvp also feel the game should be balanced on terms of pvm. That would bring 50% of the people in that poll being pvpers.

ROFLOL

Poll

this pole shows that 36% of the people in game pvp or want to difinitively. Then lets assume that SOME of the people that want to/do pvp also feel the game should be balanced on terms of pvm. That would bring 50% of the people in that poll being pvpers.
    Not exactly. Even giving you the 50 percent, which I feel is a huge over estimate, what that particular poll shows you is that a grand total of 176 accounts feel that the game should be balanced for PvP.

Mind you, I don't think that poll has any merit. But, simply pointing out that it really can't be used as supporting evidence to bolster the argument being made here.
    Last edited by Vydas; Nov 26th, 2002 at 18:52:21.

Poll

Keep in mind that most of the people that just do PvM don't read these forums (especially the polls forums). Most of them if they check the forums by any chance is just to look at their profession forum for guides or sell/trade. So the poll results would be pretty inacurate.

kinda curious, if you don't like pvp, and don't want to pvp, and are never going to pvp...why the hell do you even play this game?

is it so you can get to level 200 then quit, find another game and get the highest level in that one too ?

what are you gonna do once you hit 190 + and it takes 20 missions or more to level ? i dunno about the rest of you, but my brain need more stimulation than just endless missions for xp.

the only reason i bought this game in the first place was so i could learn how it works and start to pvp. face it, the whole storyline is about clan vs. omni...pvp.

pvp will never be balanced so any class has a chance to kill another, and i like that. my sense of balance would be that every class can easily take out one other class, get owned by one class, and be pretty even with all the rest.

as it is now, it's bad. traders own most... ma's, engi's and crats own the bottom rung of the ladder. (i actually think an engi can beat a ma, but not any engi's pvping anymore)

make pvp work, to hell with pvm. pvm is just something to do to gain enough xp so you can level up and be better in pvp. that's all.

why do the 80% (or more) peeps that dont pvp giw a fugg about balance? its not like pvm can be unbalanct, so what if somone is uber in pvm its not like its going to ruin the game

ther is a bigg differens in pvp its lame if somone is 100% more uber then the rest of the world (and no this isent a anti Trader post)
    w00p w00p!!