Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ROCK/PAPER/SCISSOR system can STUFF IT!!!

ROCK/PAPER/SCISSOR system can STUFF IT!!!

I want a chance against everyone, I dont want to win 100% of the fights against a certain profession, and loose 100% of the fights against another prof, I WANT A CHANCE!!!!

{Moderator: Try be a little more calm and constructive, please.}
    Last edited by Cz; Nov 27th, 2002 at 00:31:45.
    President of Ali Baba and the 40 thieves

Garzu 193 Day 1 NT & Garzuperman My Fixer 4 fun since NTs are broken

GA3/4 DESPERATELY NEEDED!!

Bump, Funcom, you guys gotta get your rear in gear, and start brain storming.

tell us what you really think, lol

Hehe I think he's angry. Now that he's a fixer and NTs of all professions kick his arse :P

Of course, we all know from his history that what he really wants is something like :

Name:
    Nano Crystal (UBERNESS)

QL:

Description:
    Nano Crystal - Makes you UBER.

Requirements ToUse:
    Self MaterialCreation 15
    Self Name == Garzu*

Events/Effects OnUse:
    UploadNano Wearer UBERNESS

Originally posted by cold
    Hehe I think he's angry. Now that he's a fixer and NTs of all professions kick his arse :P

Of course, we all know from his history that what he really wants is something like :

Name:
    Nano Crystal (UBERNESS)

QL:

Description:

Requirements ToUse:
    Self MaterialCreation 15
    Self Name == Garzu*

Events/Effects OnUse:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

that is funny
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Originally posted by cold

Name:
    Nano Crystal (UBERNESS)

QL:

Description:

Requirements ToUse:
    Self MaterialCreation 15
    Self Name == Garzu*

Events/Effects OnUse:
    Thats not so difficult, I can just roll a trader and it would be solved in a very short time....
    President of Ali Baba and the 40 thieves

Garzu 193 Day 1 NT & Garzuperman My Fixer 4 fun since NTs are broken

GA3/4 DESPERATELY NEEDED!!

MA = wad of toilet paper with excrement on it.

Where do we fit in this equation?

Originally posted by Garzu-perman

Thats not so difficult, I can just roll a trader and it would be solved in a very short time....
    Please do.
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

Yes, this Rock paper scissors blows.

Every class has something different to offer in mass pvp, such as Enf/soldier/Fixer tanking (well not anymore against NT), NTs AoE'ing, agents doing mass dmg against 1 target, crats/fixers area mez/snaring etc etc.... There is no need for this ridiculous rocks stones twigs whatever. I certainly don't ever want a class I will almost certainly lose against, and if that means there's no one class I can DOMINATE, then so be it. As of now that's how my agent is and I don't want that to change.

Come to think of it, I think the agent nemesis has already been set as enforcer. But whatever
    Monstajugga
    Agent
    RK-1

Garzu getting owned by an NT? Oh the irony!

the R/P/S system sux.. like ther is any GA fixer on RK-1 that is st00pid enuf to duel a NT whit the new nuke, and im not stupid enuf to duel a Enf, doc (ok somtimes i duel docs :P) or Trader.
    becous ther is a 99% chanse that i will loose

take away the R/p/s system and turn pvp into more skills instead of less skills
    w00p w00p!!

Originally posted by Sent
    Garzu getting owned by an NT? Oh the irony!
    Bahahahahaha.
    But he does make a valid point.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Lightbulb Hypothesis: PvP balance cannot be achieved in an RPG

Lots of good whining here, I enjoy it. However, I have a proposition for ya'll:

Can you come up with a better system?

My hypothesis

It can't be done

Here's why:

[list=1][*]It is a RPG. Therefore there are different classes with different abilities[*]Some of those classes will be better at healing, some better at dealing damage[*]Some classes will be better at defending, some will be far better at attacking[*]Over time, the damage dealers will be better at melee than the healers.[*]If you give the healers more damage dealing abilities, the damage dealers would need more healing abilities.[/list=1]

I'm talking about 1v1 mostly here. If you have balanced teams it is different. But most of the folks are complaining about how they get owned by someone in 1v1.

BTW, there is a solution, and it has been stated before. Make one class for everyone. Give them the ability to use the exact same weapons, and the exact same shield/health kits. Also, make them all have the exact same stats on offense/defence skills. Lastly, make them all the same level with the same hitpoints.

There ya go, perfect balance. This has been achieved, and the clever folks out there know the names of the games that have this perfect balance already designed into them.

But how would you build such balance into a RPG, with different classes, levels, and skills on the characters so that they all have an equal chance against each other?

Funcom has hypothosized, as I did, that it isn't possible. So tell them how to do it. I'd like to know myself.

All I gotta say is your lucky FC has so much patience Garzu because if it were my decision, I'd have thrown away the key.

This serves NO productive purpose.
    Argulace
    President
    Total Aggression Gaming
    Mercenaries of Kai (TAG)
    Chapter I. LAYING PLANS "All warfare is based on deception."

Yes! the gleeful rush to the lowest common denominator. Ah the sweet bland equality of homoginization.
    Oh my god its like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain

Arrow

12.95 a month to post on forums, great game eh?
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Yepp, rock paper scissors sux... I wanna be the only rock in an world of scissors
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

funneh
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1
    Advisor Midnight Reveries.

Do politics exist? Yes.
    Who's involved in them? Anyone who wants to be.

If you spend your time worrying about what everyone else is doing in their lives, you'll miss what's happening in yours.

Unhappy

At least if they wanted to use the Rock paper scissors system. They could have taken the time to implement it on all professions at once...

Then at least i wouldnt complaine...

(just silently sit in a corner thinking it was a bad system)
    Zhagra Lvl 206 Fixer
    Maesterr Lvl 81NT
    Mytoz Lvl 41 Adv

Clan RK1

"I was feeling so good about my ability to do this...
    But now i screwed it up."

- Gerorge Lucas "Star Wars Episode 1 DVD"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast