Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "OTSEC Operation Destroys Sentinels-Council of Ares Arms Stockpile"

Angry "OTSEC Operation Destroys Sentinels-Council of Ares Arms Stockpile"

[DELETED]
    Last edited by Daimoness; Nov 26th, 2002 at 21:17:28.
    Corrine Daimoness Wright
    - Veteran of Apocalypse
    - General of the Mercury Dragons (ret.)
    - Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. - Samuel Adams

Yes

Yes Diamoness, I hav already issued a press release to FC for approval. I hope it gets through so the clans will know the truth.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Lies are a part of war.

They lie, we lie. Pretty simple concept. If i wanted to make either side look bad wouldn't it be in my best intrest to frame you for everything that is going bad?

Maybe that's just how I fight war. Cause if the people have no faith in you, then they will not support you. I'd say, CoA, fight fire with fire.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Re: "OTSEC Operation Destroys Sentinels-Council of Ares Arms Stockpile"

:: response removed until this thread gets deleted, if it's not, I put the response back up ::

Bone
    Last edited by Bonefish; Nov 26th, 2002 at 19:44:55.

(OOC Heh. Maybe we can all chill here a little. I understood the report as propaganda, and was having fun with it. Let's avoid the flaming folks--no need for it.)
    Kungwho Buddha-Bellied MA
    Zapsta Notum-Plump NT
    Awdd Keepster Gimpster

Bone...

OOC: I have sent an official IC response to your news post to FC. I am waiting for it to be approved and posted. I knew what you were trying to do, and I will play along. I enjoy it, and yes it is rather challenging.

IC: Your lies will not serve you well Bonefish. I will see to that...

Cool

And Jakal we will not fight fire with fire. We are peaceful until attacked. And verbal attacks do not warrant such physical responses. I say fight Propaganda with Propaganda, and once their bullets start flying their bodies will hit the ground fast enough.

[DELETED]
    Last edited by Daimoness; Nov 26th, 2002 at 20:02:21.
    Corrine Daimoness Wright
    - Veteran of Apocalypse

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. - Samuel Adams

Diamoness I am not at home atm, you can PM me on the forums though. I would be glad to speak with you

[DELETED]
    Last edited by Daimoness; Nov 26th, 2002 at 21:18:15.
    Corrine Daimoness Wright
    - Veteran of Apocalypse

Thumbs down Ouch, it's like an 80's radio station, the hits never stop...

*le frown*

Garret "Bonefish" Silvestrini
    Director - SPARTA
    Chairman of the Omni-Tek Security Council

Founding Member of the Omni-Tek Security Council (OTSEC)

The Omni-Tek Security Council is dedicated to ensuring the company’s security and interests against all threats, coordinating any action deemed necessary to protect corporate assets and personnel.

garret.silvestrini@ot-sparta.org | www.ot-sparta.org

[DELETED]
    Last edited by Daimoness; Nov 26th, 2002 at 21:17:15.
    Corrine Daimoness Wright
    - Veteran of Apocalypse

Well Diamoness it seems your news post got through, and mine didnt. Mine may have been a little childishly worded. Might not be proper for public release.

I need some more english classes

We're trying to drop the argument.

Grow up and STOP FLAMING ME!

Bone

Originally posted by Daimoness
    If it didn't affect my play, I could not care less. But it does, and therefore you, Bonefish, have caused me trouble IN CHARACTER by not being able to think of consequences OUT OF CHARACTER. you seem to be unable to discern those two and therefor you are considered NO-RP by me.
    Oooh, my bad, I missed this one when you re-editted it. Lucky, it didn't slip past.

Well you keep saying 'you' 'you' 'you' referring to me in your various rants, however, this wasn't MY idea at all. It was actually Kithrak's idea, widely acclaimed role-player and leader of Red Tape, and then planning finalised and executed under the command of Barzillai of Div9.

I pray you don't start accusing them of being poor RPers also.

And to be honest, when this 'operation' storyline started IN CHARACTER as you shouted so charmingly, way back over a month ago, only two of the OTSEC councillors did not vote in favour of it. One abstained, one voted against. I was the one who voted against it. I'm not shy of saying so.

And before you go flaming me anymore, sunshine, for being a bad RPer, and not being able to seperate IC & OOC/RL (lmao, even the thought of that is funny considering how much I complain about it) I suggest you re-think. OTSEC comprises the leaders from certainly most of the RP-alongside-the-storyline Omni-Tek orgs. So it wasn't just me, is was very much an "us".

But no. We're all wrong. And you, on your own. You're right.

Bone

Unhappy

well damn, this got out of hand quickly. I am not going to post in this thread again...

Be well everyone...

This whole thing got way out of hand. I have deleted all my posts now and won't post here again.

We need rules on how to RP here, but that's a discussion for another forum and topic. If we don't agree to the same rules, we will simply be unable to play on a common line and bad things like this one are bound to repeat.

I will now go and play some other game until I chilled and then sort out the ashes later. See you again next week or something.

Until a solution is reached, I ask you to not include anyone's org into your play unless he agrees to it. Always remember, every IC play has some people behind it that might or might not like what you do. I do not, in this case, but I can't turn back time, and you cannot, either.
    Last edited by Daimoness; Nov 26th, 2002 at 21:27:40.
    Corrine Daimoness Wright
    - Veteran of Apocalypse

Originally posted by Daimoness
    This whole thing got way out of hand. I have deleted all my posts now and won't post here again.

We need rules on how to RP here, but that's a discussion for another forum and topic. If we don't agree to the same rules, we will simply be unable to play on a common line and bad things like this one are bound to repeat.

I will now go and play some other game until I chilled and then sort out the ashes later. See you again next week or something.

Until a solution is reached, I ask you to not include anyone's org into your play unless he agrees to it. Always remember, every IC play has some people behind it that might or might not like what you do. I do not, in this case, but I can't turn back time, and you cannot, either.
    I'd like to think OTSEC didn't do anything to warrant a set of "Rules To RP By". I was there during the operation. We did not grief anyone. We did not harrass anyone. We were IN CHARACTER, performing IN CHARACTER things.
    The only thing OTSEC is guilty of is shaking up the pot via Player Initiated Roleplaying. That's not a bad thing. It's sorely needed right about now, too.
    I thought that was why we were IN this MMORPG. Dynamics. Surprises. The fact we have that here is what makes AO stand out amongst the Evercamps. Don't take it for granted.

Roleplaying, when done tastefully and with decency, shouldn't need "rules". Roleplaying in a way is magical because there ARE no rules. Stay relatively within the boundaries of reason, and you're set. OTSEC's IC actions were hardly out of those boundaries.

I'm mildly confused as to why a surprising roleplay twist is ruffling so many feathers... and OOC feathers at that. In the future, I suggest responding IC and not letting it haunt you.
    Lauri
    Cookiemonger

The Original GSP Groupie

I think the "problem" here is that OTSEC roleplayed and publicizied a scenario wherein the CoA and the Sentinels had ties, where in fact no such ties exist.

Daimoness and others from CoA are understandably miffed that someone other than they themselves was deciding this for them, without asking their input or permission. Now they, and the CoA in general, have to deal with short- and long-term consequences of this roleplay, since it's been printed and distributed by Funcom, despite their not having a say in it. I'd be pretty torqued at OTSEC if I were in their shoes, too.

What if someone came up with an RP plot where SPARTA were funding the Dust Brigade, funnelling the money secretly through Clan accounts, to make the CoT look bad and plant evidence for Omni-Pol to find? What if they did this and published an article about it in the Voice of Freedom, without asking Bonefish first?

That's why it's a big deal and why it's so emotional.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

No use talking any more, you didn't and don't get my point, so I give up.

Do I express myself so bad that you can't understand what I want, or is it the fact that you don't want to?

According to my sense of social behaviour, I try to take care OOC that I don't offend, harrass, grief or annoy people IC and OOC. This includes, in my view, to not use other people's story without their consent. If I would like to include OTSEC into any plot I might come up with, I would ask you if you approve of it.

In this particular case, I would have actually liked the idea. Propaganda is another way for lying, so what? I did not criticize the IC part here, only that you didn't care OOC if we would like you doing what you did. I criticized you OOC because it is your OOC behaviour - or rather the lack of it - that stirred the pot.

To extrapolate this: "Xample" has a RP background which is public here on the forums. Someone gets hold of it and decides to use this story for an event that won't even include "Xample". He pops in at some time and finds his story and his ideas used by someone else. Do you think the player of "Xample" would welcome others taking his story and having their fun with it?
    Corrine Daimoness Wright
    - Veteran of Apocalypse

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast