Thread: Getting to a higher level

Unhappy Getting to a higher level

Hi there,

I have been playing this game since Beta, although i did have a 9 month break until quite recently. I have only just got a character over level 100, because i always got bored and other professionals appealed to me. Anyways

I really would like to get this chracter to at least lvl 150, the reason for this is because i want one of those nice hoods, and the coat things, which always make high level characters stand out for me. Also Alvins part three. But from what i hear and readm, i gotta be willing to camp for hours, do more damage than anyone else or be in an uber high level team, and also possibly fight clanners, just to get a sniff of these things... Now i do play probably 3-4 hours per night and more in weekends, but i have a 2 hour cutoff with dialup which can be frustrating and my connection because of being 56k is not so good.

So what i am basically saying is..Short of getting a better con, waiting till i hit lvl 200, or finding a kickass uber team who are willing to have a piss arse lvl 150 with em, should i bother levelling my character up more, or shall icontinue to play my little adv hardplaces?

dont get discoureaged
    i've been playing on & off (thought mostly on ) since 3 weeks after launch (was gutted i didnt get pioneer lol, had to wait for a credit card to come through). anyway, i digress.
    it is more than feasible to level up your character to a very respectable level without doing any camping at all. i have one character above level 5, a level 164 soldier. he is effective in PVP & PVM, can solo well. i can go on fun boss raids & go to aces with my friends & have a blast. being high level is'nt all about camping, although to be the uberest of the uber, i suppose you do. by hoods i think you mean decranum MK 2 which can be looted in the smugglers den dungeon, & admittely that does need a lot of work to get a full set. i personally spent about 8 hours there for 2 pieces lol, but then i let about 4 more pieces pass to guildies/team mates. the armour you may be referring to is dragon armour, & that needs pure luck to get, or going to tarasque raids forever. i wouldnt fret about that.
    anyway, i somehow dont think i am entirely answering your question. it is COMPLETELY feasible to make a lvl 150 character with doing absolutely no camping, & be effective. weapons & armour can be bought for a reasonable price up to that point (the real campable stuff is only soldier/enf weaps off the top of my head, & they have level reqs, & if you play them, you WILL want them, but thats for later).
    hmmm, i am rambling quite a lot but really, dont worry about camping. it is not neccesary IMO.
    Field Marshal Londino, lvl 220
    Cutting through the forest of reason
    Veteran of Forsaken
    Former Soldier Professional

Silly doc thingy Londina, lvl 175+
    She needs tokens dont ya know.