Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got an idea about traders -DONT FLAME

Got an idea about traders -DONT FLAME

K i got that idea earlier when talking with a trader killin a uba mob.
    Drains in pvm dont affect mobs weapon damage only their cast ability (say if im wrong).
    So why not just make it same in pvp, say drains gonna fuxxor everybody nanoskill with -400 but leave weapon skill alone.
    Would that make everyone happy ?
    I dont mean drains wont transfer the weapon skills, i just mean the wont affect your damage output/ams they just totally scr3w your nanoskills (ie : i cant cast anythin else than TMS3 or whatever).
    Btw before NT start crying (specially one), just learn something like everybody else : RUN and Zone if u see a trader, Run and Drool if you see a fixer

Only construtive inputs please, if you feel like flaming do it in the other thread
    Infamine 200 soljah

It's a good idea. Either way you go drains should only effect weapon OR nano. As an NT I'd be happy either way, as long as they don't do both. I think the trader should still get both nano and weapon though as to not nerf them in the process.

just to clear it up, drains do nothing to a mobs nano skills either. only exception seems to be neleb, for whatever reason nanoshutdown keeps him from casting his shield. usually mobs have not nanos but innate abilities with the same effect as nanos.

to your idea: well, doesnt sound that bad actually. but do you honestly think the whining would stop ? after the heal nerf there was nothing for like a week, then it started again..people are just never satisfied.

Funny hearing that from a soldier that dosnt need nano skills exept at the start of the fight, only reason i would waste nano on you is to up my skills and stop you from recasting tms
    Neophyte Louie "Jankkar" Strikz - 167 Evil Trader

Re: Got an idea about traders -DONT FLAME

Originally posted by Infamine
    K i got that idea earlier when talking with a trader killin a uba mob.
    Drains in pvm dont affect mobs weapon damage only their cast ability (say if im wrong).
    So why not just make it same in pvp, say drains gonna fuxxor everybody nanoskill with -400 but leave weapon skill alone.
    Would that make everyone happy ?
    I dont mean drains wont transfer the weapon skills, i just mean the wont affect your damage output/ams they just totally scr3w your nanoskills (ie : i cant cast anythin else than TMS3 or whatever).
    Btw before NT start crying (specially one), just learn something like everybody else : RUN and Zone if u see a trader, Run and Drool if you see a fixer

Only construtive inputs please, if you feel like flaming do it in the other thread
    To be honest i would settle for that idear, i just want to fight in pvp and i can't do that because ppl say "awww traders are to strong, you suck its just traders that are good lalalalalalala... ***yawn, sniff, teletubies soon***

Just effecting nano skills is good enough for me am happy to stop a doc from casting CH (not stop healing, they always have mochams running when fighting a trader, i know you do , must be sad for a doc to miss me 12 times in a row because you shouldnt have to be super twinked to be good in pvp)

Last week i fought a doc in tir arena bit highier than me 20-25 lvls, cant remember the name, anyway the fight when on for about 15mins i landed both debuffs on her, she was hitting me for 4 points of projectile damage...one out of every 10 shots (this was to sad to participate in this fight) as she must have had mochams and i was self buffed i could'nt out damage her heals even with the 2 highest debuffs, i was self buffed 13% scope which is like 6.5% if u know what i mean, i was at full nano pool with the trader nano drains she must have been at about 1/4.

Now i know FC wanted longer fights but cmon man, taking it a bit to far.

Point is she was never going to kill me, so i would accept just effecting nano skills and not weapon but then whos going to beat the enforcers...or the agents that FP trader and drain up first

Then we will hear "Nerf Enforcer", im already hearing that in the background some where.

From what I know nano skill debuffs (deprives/plunders/dominates/nanoshutdown) don't affect mobs nanos as they don't have skills like players. But on some bosses (pest for example) FC made an exception and nanoshutdown will stop them from using area nukes.

Personally I would like it the other way around from what you propose: let them just affect -400 to weapon skill as my crats weapon skills are bad anyway and just make them not affect nanoskills.

Btw before soldiers start crying (specially one), just learn something like everybody else : RUN and Zone if u see a trader, Run and Drool if you see a crat.

If you want my honest, no-flames opinion on what would balance drains against our current skill and OE system:

First: Give Traders the current, full benefit to their skills that drains already apply. Also, leave the resists alone.

Then, drain the same amount as now for weapons skills, reducing attack rating - but reduce the debuff's factor when calculating the weapon's OE. Say, the debuff factor in the OE equation is divided by two. This would make it so that drains don't OE weapons as badly, especially for weapons-oriented professions with higher skills, but still will hurt people who are 'riding the edge' or who swap weapons for alpha'ing. Being fully drained will still hurt damage output significantly due to the -415 AMS.

Because there's no way around this... drain less from nano skills. Nano skills and weapon skills work differently, and large nano skill debuffs are much more powerful than large weapon skill debuffs. You only have to be 1 point short of a requirement and you're unable to cast a nano. Having divest drain nano skills by about -60 and plunder by about -100 would be plenty to put to any profession at a real disadvantage, without crippling caster professions so severely that they would be simply unable to eke out a win. I could see the drains doing -80 and -120, even, but I think more than -200 to nano skills, fully drained, is effectively an inescapable death sentence for all casters.

Now, I'm going to go hide while all the Traders open fire with their flamethrowers of indignation.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Re: Re: Got an idea about traders -DONT FLAME

Originally posted by Jank

Then we will hear "Nerf Enforcer", im already hearing that in the background some where.
    Hmm, you don't need to hear that. It's too obvious, heh. Just been an arena and saw an enforcer (Habibus) killing an 184 MA (Artemis) in like 10-15s with the queen blade. She just barely got through his layers, lmao

In my opinion, everything in PVP need to be 50%.

This includes:
    Crits
    Heals
    Damage
    Any and all Negative effects of any and all Nano's
    As wall as the Positive effects the Trader recieves from casting these nanos.
    Veteran Homer "Detonate" McDuff - My Equipment
    -= First Order =-

First Order is one of the largest and most powerful Omni-Tek Departments located on Rubi-Ka 1. If you are a dedicated Omni-Tek employee looking for superior opportunities within the company, check out http://www.firstorder.net/ and apply for a position today!
    First Order is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on Breed, Level, or Profession.

WHY MMORPG'S SUCK!

Originally posted by Detonate

This includes:
    Crits
    Heals
    Damage
    that makes me think about fighting a enforcer and critting for 600 hp and doing 3-40 normal damage, wonder who would win.

lol i would need like 20-25 crits just to kill him with out him layering, if he counterd drains.

If that happend i would be saying bye bye.

This includes:
    Crits
    Heals
    Damage
    So, uh...let's just double everyone's HP, take out these stupid 50% rules, and double mob damage.

Oh yah...really, make drains debuff weapon & nano skills by 50% of what they do now, and make the other 50% an AMS debuff.

Why would you make trader drains only effect nanoskills? No really, where's your logic in that, considering that's the main skill of an MP?

It should work like this:

MP debuffs nanoskills
    Trader debuffs weaponskills

That seems to make a little more sense. But I can see soldiers and enforcers saying "no wait! Please, take my nanoskills instead!"
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

But then a lvl 120 Trader wouldn't be able to cast the highest Trader nanos in a duel!

I would agree to this if i couldn't get wacked by any enforcer even with my top 2 drains runnin on them

Originally posted by TheDeacon/Xcelsius
    Why would you make trader drains only effect nanoskills? No really, where's your logic in that, considering that's the main skill of an MP?

It should work like this:

MP debuffs nanoskills
    Trader debuffs weaponskills

That seems to make a little more sense. But I can see soldiers and enforcers saying "no wait! Please, take my nanoskills instead!"
    cause atm mp dont make anyone run but some fixers... and because everyone wanna nerf trader and i dont wanna see that happend so tryin to work out something...
    Jank, i use TMS when fightin traders, i kinda hate those evils AS

Anyway my bad about mobs so drains dont do jack on mobs but some exception.
    Infamine 200 soljah

Christ, get over it already people.

Traders are not invincible.

Do you not see what's happening here? Instead of nerfing Traders (nobody likes nerfs, and they've been nerfed already somewhat recently), they're giving us (the player community) means of resisting their debuffs a little easier (Doctors) and a way to get rid of the debuff entirely when you lose aggro in mass PvP. Yes, this doesn't help duels very much, but the game is going a different direction than that.

So get off this "nerf traders!" bandwagon already *sigh*

Originally posted by MikesterG
    I would agree to this if i couldn't get wacked by any enforcer even with my top 2 drains runnin on them
    well -nano skills = no good rage = roots can kill us easy

This includes:
    Crits
    Heals
    Damage
    Just set everything to 100% and remove the 40% caps. that'll keep people on their toes and maybe make things interesting.
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Yeh everything 100% would suit me also.
    Anyway this was just an idea, i personaly dont care about traders, i can always zone when i get drained, and i never fight with a divest running so traders who wanna duel dont drain me or keep a leet to get their drains
    Infamine 200 soljah

You Cant beat enforcers? What the ****?

Pop of a debuff before he can rage, that will soon sort out his/her uber NR Resist.

Even it does have 1400 or so NR, you can still land debuffs and roots.

Think about it, as soon as you use your first debuff, he will no longer be able to use his best rage, or mongo, or absorb... infact to an enforcer fully debuffing him/her will return him to pre 100 status.

THEN YOU ROOT HIM.(for high level) Use one that takes more ncu than infernal rage so he CANT break the root, anyway if the enf is debuff no inf rage.

Simple, I dont understand HOW ****ING Hard it can be as a trader, you can make EVERY single class a gimp, if you cant play one then your real stupid and not knowing the weaknesses of an enemy to defeat them.

Trader vs trader on the other hand, theres no point in it.
    Haha look Ill take your skills, ono you take mine, ill take some back, ..WHAT?! no, mine, give, take, give!

As for enforcers with the QB well, yes they do hurt people alot since of the MASSIVE low end damage.

But, where did it say QB was enf only? I know for a fact its notonly enforcers that can use it, and any atrox with those Silken gloves can get an extra !40! 2he.

As for getting outside buffs, I dont know what its like now, is BT still outside castable? if so, ok. But then is the equivelant for 1he outside castable? if not, boo.

There, all that has to be said.

PS. Yes I have played a trader, and yes I am an enf.
    I wouldnt care if traders where nerfed again, anything to take them away from combat, oh but no thats not allowed, well tell me this, you look at the name of your proffesion, and cry. Evades, roots, high attack rating, heals and more.

And if all else fails, RUN or ZONE, like everyone does. After all this is PVP we are on about.
    Last edited by Rioko; Nov 27th, 2002 at 12:16:02.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast