Thread: AO Webmaster. State worker in past life?

AO Webmaster. State worker in past life?

Will the AO website ever get new content as in background info/stories of Rubi-Ka, OT, Clans, The Corporate Wars, etc?

From what I'm told, much of the very sparse info is the same stuff they had since around release.

For instance, under 'Fiction', I'm told that the ONE story there has been the only story there.

Under 'Character Profiles', I'm told nothing has changed since it was put up.....a year ago.

Under 'Omni-Tek Departments', there are two listed. Over the course of over a year.

Under 'Clans', there are two listed. Over the course of over a year.

The Timeline hasn't been updated in forever.

The animated series from what I understand is never going to happen again.

The story man, Ragnar, no longer works for Funcom.

Simply put, for being out for more then a year, there is an amazingly little bit of info about the world of AO. Most of it was put it a loooong time ago, and nothing new seems to be forthcoming.

I realize Funcom is a small company, but surely it isn't that time consuming to slowly add to the knowledge on that website?

Lets see....if you wrote one sentence a day...over the course of a year...you should have one hell of a background blip on that site.
    Last edited by Zylina; Nov 26th, 2002 at 12:49:54.

I agree...

It would be neat with updates...
    Prepare for Battle!!!I... I see.... Aliens....
    Mrevil By Mr. Fli
    Mrevil My stuff
    Exxon
    And a few other alts...
    People dont kill peoples in Rubi-ka, Lag does!

I'll write the updates!!!

I can even include the part when Zylina and I held each others feet while the twin suns rose over the horizon, or the time my pet first humped a piece of furniture
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Ragnar isn't working at funcom?

That explains the even sparser amount of so-called and much fabled "events", and the inclusion of more items and mobs to make up for it.

Not that events were plentiful at any time

215/15 | Lagerlad Atrox Adventurer | eqp | Mostly indestructible
    214/13 | Xpie Atrox Meta-physicist | eqp | Supernova!
    Member of Ragnarok

I think that it would be nice to see some updates to the site... It has been so stable for a long time.

Having a fun storyline that people could get into (for those who like that kinda thing) would be nice too
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1
    Advisor Midnight Reveries.

Do politics exist? Yes.
    Who's involved in them? Anyone who wants to be.

If you spend your time worrying about what everyone else is doing in their lives, you'll miss what's happening in yours.

Well this is a long awaited issue. Content. They bring us content in a way that is weird (I think) in a world. From nowhere alot of new things just pop up and the resisdents of the world has never seen theese things before.

But why haven't they been there the whole time, or have they just been invisible? Who knows, only the devs, I think

The game after the release started out well with the animated series and other goodies. Then the silence started and that one has not yet ended.

Plese just give me a little more flesh on the bone here.

I need to know why Ian Warr is on the spot he is and why he is so mean and strong.

Funcom please give me som answers on what has happened on my homeplanet for the last year all why all theese changes happen.
    Smuzz - 220 - NT - RK1
    Proud General of the Squishy Unit in Ragnarok
    The Reclaiminator

Re: AO Webmaster. State worker in past life?

Originally posted by Zylina
    Will the AO website ever get new content ... ?
    I believe they tried updating the site a good while ago, but unfortunately, doing so somehow mysteriously broke combat ...

... so they had to roll it back ...

Only scary thing, Gomer, is that makes more sense than APARTMENTS affecting weapon damage.
    ~Chris

This whole game is going to sh|t...Sad as it is my favorite