Thread: Add NR to battlesuits

Add NR to battlesuits

Battlesuits makes nanos cost more by shielding from the outside, it makes sense that it would be harder to cast hostile nanos on someone in a battlesuit?

Atleast that would make a B-suit a little bit more attractive than currently. With a bit of added nano-resist, people would scratch their heads more than now figuring out wether its worth it or not. Might even be useful on some of the new uniqe bosses?

/Jereziah

Well....it would have to scale up to about 800 NR at QL 200 to be effective but it is a great idea.

Wink Sounds reasonable.

Still don't see who'd even consider wearing one :P
    I'm so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I say.

Re: Sounds reasonable.

Originally posted by Rinale
    Still don't see who'd even consider wearing one :P
    fixers who need to ditch their GA =P
    Muffinhunter
    200/AL 5 Clan Fixer (omg finally)
    Jadedmuffin
    81 Omni MP (on hold...man, MP's get boring fast.)
    Acknonano
    34 Clan Raidslave Doc (or at least that was the initial idea...)

i would wear one! my fixer loves str/stam armor
    (and yes i'm serious i wear tank armor)
    Spewing truth from every orifice.
    Fixanox - Member of Eternal Fury.
    Cronoco

Now THERE is a simple, good, doable idea. Bravo.
    Enri - Adventurer
    Paxton - Bureaucrat
    Proud Member of Clan Anarchist Syndicate

START SEEING the difference between a player and game designer

Forum Education!

Make sure you specify how much.. or else funcom would make it +50 NR at 200.
    ~Chris

Originally posted by Megabio
    Make sure you specify how much.. or else funcom would make it +50 NR at 200.
    ~Chris
    Ugh! Sounds like you're expecting at least 500 or more. >_<
    I'm so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I say.

Originally posted by Rinale

Ugh! Sounds like you're expecting at least 500 or more. >_<
    Well it seems like a reasonable sacrifice (maybe 600-800 for a ql 200 one, resisting all nanos above 100% resist).. you lose 2000 HPs/A lot of good modifers using a battlesuit, not to mention they themselves have negative things (namely the nanocost.)
    ~Chris

Battlesuits are Agi/Str not Str/Sta, just clearing that up.
    Suupaslap Master 10th Dan--Rk2
    Smugglerguy Ickle baby fixer--Rk2

It would have to be a big chunk of nano resist to make Battle Suits worthwhile. Big.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

Originally posted by Sherrman
    It would have to be a big chunk of nano resist to make Battle Suits worthwhile. Big.
    Aye, but it depends on who the wearer is and what the situation is.

Suppose a QL200 suit added an amazing 800NR and you stuck it on someone and sent him off to an NT-guild tower. Would they nuke him to death? Doubt it.

Its like those silly element skinchips.. who'd think of using them? Noone in their right mind for regular missions and such. But I read somewhere about an entire guild using them just because they went up against a fire damage uniqe.

Every item has its uses. Adding NR to battlesuits just makes them more versatile. Its not like it would stop people from using it, right?

/J

a nanoresist boost of 800 (or more than 100-200 for that matter) would effectively disable pretty much all offensive nanos cast on you. assuming an average base nanoresist of 800 (easy for most professions) you would have 1.6k wearing a BS. same as a raging enforcer.
    by your portrait jereziah i would assume your a nt ?
    do you really want everyone and his mother resist your nukes/roots/blinds 4 out of 5 times ?
    an amount of maybe 100 might be reasonable, everything at 200+ is unbalancing at best.

edit: that amount of skill boost would be only comparable to GA4, on a widely available item. theres a reason why GA4 is super rare .

In order to resist more than 50% of 100% nanos with 1600 NR, you'd have to have run in full def. If you did that, then, yea, you'd resist a lot. (probably 75-90% of the time depending on the nano-caster's nanoskills)

You have to understand that the battlesuits give pitiful ACs in some areas, not to mention they have +80% Nanocost and -100 to Runspeed / evades. For most classes, this is a MAJOR sacrifice.

With a battlesuit on, you cannot wear shoulderpads, rings, nor regular armor. You can lose anywhere from 1000-2000 HPs depending on your equipment. Just another major sacrifice.
    ~Chris

This is a damn fine idea.
    Situational equipment is a *good* thing.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

remember the idea to up the acs also?

please mix the 2 ideas.

else you have battlearmor that is worn by fixers when they pvp and not battlearmor worn by enforcers and soldiers in everyday use and pvp.
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

Originally posted by tallistro
    by your portrait jereziah i would assume your a nt ?
    do you really want everyone and his mother resist your nukes/roots/blinds 4 out of 5 times ?
    Yes Im NT and sure, why not? It would allow my MA guildmates to make shish-kebab out of them (esp. with corrosive fists) in mere seconds.

Question is how would an all NT guild like Izgimmers Legacy handle an attack on their towers by an army of battle-suit wearers?

/J