Thread: Engy PvP

Engy PvP

Anyone know of successful engy strategies for PvP with the new patch? I am lvl 144 and still the only thing i know how to properly do in PvP is pay the reclaim constant visits.

/me is too used to the ooooouuuuuuhhhh sound when you die

**************Pasted from other forum*********

With the new patch that focuses on some professions being able to easily kill a certain specific one (such as NT to Fixits), I was wondering how the Engineers fit in.

Adventurer - They can self-heal and have decent damage. This might be an interesting fight, but in general, our HP won't last as long as theirs.

Agent - They can't use aimedshot anymore due to our special attack buff, but they can still cast some nasty roots that are hard to break free of. They can root us outside the blind aura range and kill us off slowly. The only chance is to hope that the roots don't go through.

Crat - They would be the engy counterpart, only that they get nukes and mezzes. Our only hope is that thier mezzes don't land on the pet. The blind aura does not affect nuke attacks too.

Doctor - Any respectable doctor can heal faster than both the bot and the engy can do damage. We will end up dead while they will end up with 100% HP.

Enforcer - Given their almost infinite pool of HP, they will beat us to a pulp with their hammer before we can say "cheese".

Fixer - Not bad, if it weren't for GA. Nowadays they might actually not /disco while they kill us since the FAs don't land.

MA - Crit nerf and blinds are on our side. But they can still heal and hit for non-convential damage when they hit.

MP - Here we might actually have a fight. Both have pets, only that they get an additional heal pet, and roots, and nukes...ok, maybe not that much of a fight.

NT - Cast NS or root/mezz pet, nuke away...

Trader - Clearly not a good picture. Mezzes, roots, and debuffs. While we are trying to get the root off the pet they can debuff us so the pets become OE.

Soldier - Total Mirror Shield. Even though we have gotten the ability to stop those nasty bursts and FA, hitting them when they have TMS on is almost suicide, especially for a nanomage engineer.

I just went over all the professions and did not see a clear edge against ANY of them. What I did see was a clear disadvantage against many.
    Thus far, our easiest opponents will most likely be the Adventurer or MA.

This all, of course, is based on very limited PvP experience, since until today, I can account for seveal deaths (15+) and not one win. I ask people to add their two cents on their experience to clarify against who are we supposesd to have an edge.
    Last edited by Edvieira; Nov 26th, 2002 at 19:52:42.

A good way seemed to get all the buffs you can, along with FFOK and go tranference. But now that it's self-only, you won't be doing as well, but I don't think its a bad combo even now because with that buff you can absorb specials.

Dunno, hope to see some more engys in the pvp zones.

the blind is really boring, and i think that can be help u.
    Blind the opponent, send ur pet (with ur name ) and run!!!!

Telemak, this works if the opponent is below say.. level 100. (and you have a ql 200 pet)
    ~Chris

Lightbulb

With the new engy nanos, i think you guys may have a chance. You can absorb 2 special attacks, flat out. Thats like a burst and a full auto, thats like an alpha, thats like good.

All i can say, is name your pet to your name, get all the buffs you can possibly have, and get out there and beat on things!

well renaming your pet doensnt work anymore with the new patch. Who do you think is the engy, the one with the long red health bar or the one with the whimpy short yellow one???

FC manages to nerf engies even though they don't mean to.

Originally posted by Edvieira
    well renaming your pet doensnt work anymore with the new patch. Who do you think is the engy, the one with the long red health bar or the one with the whimpy short yellow one???

FC manages to nerf engies even though they don't mean to.
    ahh, gotcha =]

level to 200 and kill lvl 150's

Originally posted by BoredofAO
    level to 200 and kill lvl 150's
    Doesn't work so well all the time.
    ~Chris

Originally posted by Telemak
    the blind is really boring, and i think that can be help u.
    Blind the opponent, send ur pet (with ur name ) and run!!!!
    Blind is broken as soon as target it damaged (like a root)

Blind is really only good in PvP against adds or when running away

and has already been mentioned pet cant use your name anymore (which only _really_ worked if you had a slayer and also had transference)
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Re: Engy PvP

Originally posted by Edvieira
    Anyone know of successful engy strategies for PvP with the new patch? I am lvl 144 and still the only thing i know how to properly do in PvP is pay the reclaim constant visits.

Learn the evil trade from Ethernal, best damn PvP engie on RK

Soldier - Total Mirror Shield. Even though we have gotten the ability to stop those nasty bursts and FA, hitting them when they have TMS on is almost suicide, especially for a nanomage engineer.

A) Your getting auras that debuff reflect by as much as 48% - use that one to rip deflect shields as well as MK shields - that is, if you don't simply buff us once the MK goes up (not sure this is possible anymore) and MK simply overrides

B) MA attacks like FOL gives good healing (tho it does mean that you gotta go the MA route - not sure you wanted to do that tho)

C) talk to Eth, learn his dark trade and go kill some Clammers
    Soldier Equip

Victory to the omnis! The Renaissance attacked Nemesis in theyre base in Mort. The attackers won!
    [Gimpybot] Kiwaczek: how the hell they plant ct 8 min before timer ? [Gimpybot] Zantezutske: another nice exploit? (The Renaissance built CT)

Vlain: I am milk every of yous!!!

Proud member of The Renaissance