Okay just finished a team mission with 2 nice lads, both new to AO.

Shorty story, we killed the boss, then the lackeys, then it was loot time. I got the loot for the boss. Well, after taking the first item, EVERY ITEM IN THE BOSS LOOT TURNED INTO NoName ITEMS!

Of course I sent a petition knowing about 99.9% of what they will say. But there are 2 problems here:

1. New players to AO going through a pretty tough battle with boss (they were both 46 and 51, playing an alt with them) only to be rewarded with a bug that doesn't allow me to loot the boss and let them keep the stuff leaves a very BAD taste in their mouths. I didn't want any of it, this was my alt playing. But, even with the new loot posting, it makes me look bad, because I didn't get the boss loot.

2. How many others have had this problem and are getting more and more frustrated with the game?

I just simply want to state that the customer service policy needs to be changed asap. I mean, they were able to track duped credits from player to player before, why can't they verify that a bug occured and reimburse? This will take away some of the tarnish.