Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Say goodbye to the Agents

Say goodbye to the Agents

We will not wait "another few patches.." it has been months since conceal was intentionaly broken, and now they want us to pay and wait for another month or two???

WTH are we supposed to do while we wait?? sell Bronto burgers?

http://64.34.94.173/Agent/viewtopic....618&forum=1&24

This is not just about agents, all broken classes should get organized and send Funcom the message the only way they will listen, by cutting of their cash flow!

I've got a level 128 Agent, I'm not quitting but I also dont think I should be able to use MP Pets and for most of these folks quitting over them removing this ability from us (That we were not supposed to have in the first place) is kinda silly.

On the otherhand I can understand and sympathize with the broken conceal this is the boon of being an agent and currently with 1784 Conceal at level 128 I am spotted by grey mobs in steps of madness (Level 30-50) This is obviously a broken skill and does need to be fixed ASAP.

In the beginnning we had it too good and this spoiled most of us lets face it we were able to use all professions spels and there was no real penalty other than a -25 to nanoskills. Then the Nano Inits were introduced and it hit us hard because we had never had this before...and we were now unable to use other professions nanos in combat. OK I can deal with this but the problems is without conceal working and without any class defining abilities to be used in combat what are we?

We are basically the weakest class in the game we have a gimped rifle, a root, a pathetic DoT and a special that very rarely ever works. This essentially is the problem, Its not the fact that we can no longer use MP pets after the patch the problem is more the fact that we HAVE to use the MP pets to survive. I truley hope when Funcom removes the MP pets from us that at that same time they will make broad sweeping changes ot this class enabling me to solo without them. Add some spells, Real DoT's HoT's and some innovative new nanos such as the ones MP's, Fixer's and Engineer's have recieved. Give us a reason to stay in Agent forum and not use false profession being that it is now not viable in any way shape or form for combat or pvp purposes.
    Hell take away false professions for all I care and just make this class worth playing.

You've done a wonderful job with the Fixers MP's and upcoming Engineer changes and I have faith that you will do the same when it comes time for us agents but you have to understand our patience is wearing thin Funcom. You dont have to completely revamp us at this time...I understand priorites MA's and other classes are hurting real bad too but you cant just yank the MP pets with no other fixes in sight, If you have time to Nerf this class then you also have time to Fix this class.

You cant just Nerf, Nerf, Nerf and then tell us you dont have time to work on other aspects of the class because the other classes are hurting.

IMO Just take Fp away and revamp the agent class from the groundup to be what it realy was supposed to be an ASSASIN class...this is what we want...we dont care about FP's we only used them because it was essential to survival.

Agents are the rogues of AO this means relying on High damage and Stealth to survive with our relatively frail health. At this point all we've got is the frail health...throw us a bone.

"You've done a wonderful job with the Fixers"

"Add some spells, Real DoT's HoT's and some innovative new nanos such as the ones MP's, Fixer's and Engineer's have recieved"

hehehe, sorry, as a fixer I just got to laugh at those bits.

I agree with alot of what you are saying, there are many classes out there with broken class defining abilities.

hope the fixes come soon

Originally posted by Turbulence
    I've got a level 128 Agent, I'm not quitting but I also dont think I should be able to use MP Pets and for most of these folks quitting over them removing this ability from us (That we were not supposed to have in the first place) is kinda silly.

On the otherhand I can understand and sympathize with the broken conceal this is the boon of being an agent and currently with 1784 Conceal at level 128 I am spotted by grey mobs in steps of madness (Level 30-50) This is obviously a broken skill and does need to be fixed ASAP.

In the beginnning we had it too good and this spoiled most of us lets face it we were able to use all professions spels and there was no real penalty other than a -25 to nanoskills. Then the Nano Inits were introduced and it hit us hard because we had never had this before...and we were now unable to use other professions nanos in combat. OK I can deal with this but the problems is without conceal working and without any class defining abilities to be used in combat what are we?

We are basically the weakest class in the game we have a gimped rifle, a root, a pathetic DoT and a special that very rarely ever works. This essentially is the problem, Its not the fact that we can no longer use MP pets after the patch the problem is more the fact that we HAVE to use the MP pets to survive. I truley hope when Funcom removes the MP pets from us that at that same time they will make broad sweeping changes ot this class enabling me to solo without them. Add some spells, Real DoT's HoT's and some innovative new nanos such as the ones MP's, Fixer's and Engineer's have recieved. Give us a reason to stay in Agent forum and not use false profession being that it is now not viable in any way shape or form for combat or pvp purposes.
    Hell take away false professions for all I care and just make this class worth playing.

You've done a wonderful job with the Fixers MP's and upcoming Engineer changes and I have faith that you will do the same when it comes time for us agents but you have to understand our patience is wearing thin Funcom. You dont have to completely revamp us at this time...I understand priorites MA's and other classes are hurting real bad too but you cant just yank the MP pets with no other fixes in sight, If you have time to Nerf this class then you also have time to Fix this class.

You cant just Nerf, Nerf, Nerf and then tell us you dont have time to work on other aspects of the class because the other classes are hurting.

IMO Just take Fp away and revamp the agent class from the groundup to be what it realy was supposed to be an ASSASIN class...this is what we want...we dont care about FP's we only used them because it was essential to survival.

Agents are the rogues of AO this means relying on High damage and Stealth to survive with our relatively frail health. At this point all we've got is the frail health...throw us a bone.
    Very well stated! I am a level 110 Agent with the same frustrations... and I never use a heal pet... which has led to more than a few deaths.

I think a lot of people from www.agentsector.com that quit, quit because they'd asked for bugs to be fixed for months with no response and then finally the response was just that we are looking into those bugs and btw we are removing MP pets... honestly I don't care much about the pet.... but in a game where players keep asking for equality... think about one thing... A class with dark blue body dev, no AC or reflect shields, no heals, and having one of the weakest weapons in the game....

We really have no leg to stand on. Yes we can FP to get shields... but heals aren't useful in fp, because you will be dead before you cast them. Really... there is no help for this class unless we are given hit points, a heal, super powerful shields, or a super weapon.... the super weapon is mentioned, because you have to be able to outdamage someone with more health and heals and shields in order to have a chance at winning.... those are the only 4 options since all classes have the same weapon range (except melee).

everything for the class has been bugged or nerfed, it seems... I think all most HIGH-LEVEL agents are asking for is to get a little something back.... rather than to have to sit through months of pain

We are basically the weakest class in the game we have a gimped rifle,
    Yeah sure, I saw an agent in our group score a 10,000 HP damage shot on a Mob. We only saw one such shot in two missions, but it's still spectacular and I don't call that a gimp shot.

Originally posted by zugs

Yeah sure, I saw an agent in our group score a 10,000 HP damage shot on a Mob. We only saw one such shot in two missions, but it's still spectacular and I don't call that a gimp shot.
    Did you watch the other 400 shots that ranged from numbers probably in the teens to crits in the tousands? So somone one time in band camp got a good shot in big deal. One dead mob does not a mission make.

Sheesh

I really hate it when someone talks out of their ass.. The smell is rancid.

A 10k capped aimshot is only possible with a q188 Renee which requires a very high shotgun skill (dark blue) in addition to Rifle and AS to even use. I have scored exactly 4 of these in all my time in the game (since Beta) and then only on very grey MoB's....

Sorry for the flame but it's posts like yours that killed my profession in 12.6....
    Othgar
    Omni-Tek Master Assassin
    Skitch
    Omni-Tek NT (Testlive)

waaaah. Try being an MA. =) j/k don't waste your breath. I could care less about it.

We are basically the weakest class in the game
    LOL, try play an NT or MA before you say such things. Agents are one of the strongest profs in the game!
    NT phone HOME!!

Originally posted by Garzu

LOL, try play an NT or MA before you say such things. Agents are one of the strongest profs in the game!
    Garzu, I cant beleive you would speak such drival... I have a NT LvL 116 that can out gun, out play any Agent anywhere near his Level not to mention rivaling Othgar. He was one of my many re-rolls since the Agent nerf and it seems FC is systematically killing all professions since I now dont play him anymore either. So I understand your post about NT's but back up that rediculas statement that Agents are one of the most powerful in game is simply insane.
    Othgar
    Omni-Tek Master Assassin
    Skitch
    Omni-Tek NT (Testlive)

As a fixer, I beat agents in PvP...lets see....oh.. NEVER. Agents are gimped? Ya right. Just look at the proliferation of agents around and the numbers of them with titles. Then compare them to how many fixers you see and how many of them with titles (maybe 1%).

Originally posted by Highjack
    As a fixer, I beat agents in PvP...lets see....oh.. NEVER. Agents are gimped? Ya right. Just look at the proliferation of agents around and the numbers of them with titles. Then compare them to how many fixers you see and how many of them with titles (maybe 1%).
    Stupidity never ceases to amaze me... I tell you what, lets go fight a dual in the arena.. one on one, NO FP from me, just Agent to Fixer. I have an Apprentice title that is a hold over from when we WERE good at PvP prior to the 12.6 Nerf's to conceal and AS. So name the time and put your ass where your mouth is, oh wait you already did that didnt you.

BTW: I am level 160 and I will wager you beat me if you are 110 or greater in level and I am fully equiped with QL200 plants, armor and weapons.
    Othgar
    Omni-Tek Master Assassin
    Skitch
    Omni-Tek NT (Testlive)

Originally posted by Garzu

LOL... I'd honestly like to believe that if the MA's in my guild who are all over Lvl90 weren't able to do 60-70% missions, while I can't complete a 50% mission.... and I hit 7k on the aimed shot bar... so I must be kicking major A too!!!

Re: Sheesh

Originally posted by Othgar
    I really hate it when someone talks out of their ass.. The smell is rancid.A 10k capped aimshot is only possible with a q188 Renee which requires a very high shotgun skill (dark blue) in addition to Rifle and AS to even use. I have scored exactly 4 of these in all my time in the game (since Beta) and then only on very grey MoB's.... Sorry for the flame but it's posts like yours that killed my profession in 12.6....
    No flame detected, just a message from an angry person. Give the game some time, maybe they'll get back to the Agent and finally come to some compromise. But maybe I didn't describe the mission or the agent in detail. We were all in a lv193 mission so the Mobs are very red. The team level ranged between 110-125. Even with the difference between Mobs-Players, it was an incredible shot. I've never seen a single strike from any profession that did that much damage.

Originally posted by Mirdok

Did you watch the other 400 shots that ranged from numbers probably in the teens to crits in the tousands? So somone one time in band camp got a good shot in big deal. One dead mob does not a mission make.
    No. The damage that I noticed ranged from 400-1500. I did see a couple 1500-3000 damage.

Originally posted by Highjack
    I suppose you are low level or don't read the PvP board. Oters seem to disagree with your opinion... Cloudeh is an eforcer, but I just put his post here, because "Agent's are gimped? Ya right"

Originally posted by Cloudeh
    Kinda like..

Every Agent I fight Loses, I have not lost to one in a looong time.
    Be it even 10+ levels than me.

But taking in to consideration both people are of equal....uberness :P
    Originally posted by Danae
    Unless you can root or alpha strike a fixer there's no way to kill one at high level : they just run too fast at least good ones do
    Originally posted by Armycastaway
    Why do you think fixers suck ? I do not understand at all. I have been on RK2 since it started...and my two arch enemies were both Fixers. First there was Shaded (always about 20-30 levels above me). NOw it is Trystar...(15 or so above me). I can't kill them and I don't see it for a long time.

I am a level 152 soldier....and my Nova flow does like 100 damage....and i thought soldiers would do damage.

Fixers have everything going for them. Run buffs....they run away and I can't catch them. They can Root me. They can grid out in 5 seconds. They can heal over time more than I can hit him for any given shot. They have uber evades (if they are smart). Trystar wears Energy pads just for me (well not really, but for soldiers in general). If i do get off a crit it is for 900...then he just speeds away leaving me in the dust. Granted he doesn't hit that hard ( I dont see him killing me 1v1 in 2ho)...but i can't kill him. Evena team of 6 would have trouble cuz he just run off. Fixers are the imblance of PvP. He has 125 QL First Aid so if i do get a burst or full auto that is good he just heals most of it up...while he runs off and his HoT does the rest.

You tell me why Fixers suck,,cause im not seeing it. Been my rival my duration on Anarchy Online. Maybe the fixers u play against are just social players who take no time to make their characters great. Well I try, and I am not sure I will ever take him down until I get that 200 flashpoint running =) (Oh yea full auto buff!!! expertise aint enough)
    Originally posted by Mor
    Fixers are damn good at pvp. Maybe the ones complaining are the monster bashers (carebears).

A monster just stays there for the soldier to kill. A fixer however can root and run if needed (they don't even need to root first lol). So the fixer can fight and if the battle is in his favor, stay and kill the soldier. If the battle is not in the fixers favor, no soldier is going to be able to stop him from getting away.
    Originally posted by Fion
    Yes a smark fixer may not have many good things going for him.. but what he does have is very PvP friendly.

And basically to answer you PROLIFERATION OF AGENTS around... it's simple... from what I understand and what I have seen through lvl 110... a lot of those "agents" you see around are characters people use to fund other characters at this point... The large number of agents still remain from their days of being as popular as engies and metas currently are.

Re: Re: Sheesh

Even with the difference between Mobs-Players, it was an incredible shot. I've never seen a single strike from any profession that did that much damage.
    Yeah... It can be a great hit, but I guess I can never impress enough that it is at best a 1 in 50 shot... maybe closer to 1 in 70. And that is aimed shots... not including regular shots... so at best (if you don't get the "monster is aware of your presence" message) you might get 1 good hit out of a long time of fighting... Also note that at level 110 most commonly my shots are in that range you mentioned... but I do go on streaks of hitting between 60 and 100... which does nothing to a high level mob. In addition the only two good rifles have a clip size of 5... so we have to reload during every fight and they also have a 2.5 attack/2.5 recharge time.... so 5 seconds in between shots and with 1000 initives you can lower this to 4 seconds... many weapons are MUCH faster than this... so you may see nice damage but not notice that everyone else lands a lot more hits especially when you factor in that they may hit three or four times just in our reloads.... that's a lot of extra damage just there.

There are plenty of factors you need to account. Speed and clip size can have a huge impact on damage dealt.

Our incredible shots are great... but incredibly rare. I don't think we should hit them regularly, but my low aimed shot is around 1200, which is less than a crit for me. I even faced one veteran mob (probably a soldier with MK shield) that had some kind of shield on that lowered my aimed shot to 600 damage last night....

Originally posted by Othgar

Stupidity never ceases to amaze me... I tell you what, lets go fight a dual in the arena.. one on one, NO FP from me, just Agent to Fixer. I have an Apprentice title that is a hold over from when we WERE good at PvP prior to the 12.6 Nerf's to conceal and AS. So name the time and put your ass where your mouth is, oh wait you already did that didnt you.

BTW: I am level 160 and I will wager you beat me if you are 110 or greater in level and I am fully equiped with QL200 plants, armor and weapons.
    wonna try solder with mk x shild in arena...arena suxx..and fixer can beat agent everytime outdoors))..stfu then

Originally posted by loca

wonna try solder with mk x shild in arena...arena suxx..and fixer can beat agent everytime outdoors))..stfu then
    THAT WAS MY POINT EXACTLY... The Fixer WILL beat me everytime even in the arena. So YOU STFU and re-read my post.
    Othgar
    Omni-Tek Master Assassin
    Skitch
    Omni-Tek NT (Testlive)

I just wish that they would remove our ability to false profession all together and make being an agent useful again with agent nanos. A heal over time nano or a mez nano line would help immensely as well as finally fixing concealment and aimed shot once and for all. It seems concealment and Aimed Shot won't be fixed by funcom until they finally implement the patch to fix overequiping, so who knows if that will ever occur since those items aren't even in the envisioned or the in progress categories yet.

Given the choice most agents if given the choice, would most likely choose to have aimed shot and concealment fixed at the price of losing the ability to switch professions. Switching professions and the ensuing jealousy other professions have with this ability has caused the agent profession more problems than anything else.

With the defining aspects of agents being more clear (concealment and aimed shot) programmers would have an easier time making the agent class more viable as a profession...without hearing the constant complaints about agents being able to use another profession's defining nanos.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast