Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Say goodbye to the Agents

Graxxus

FP is our THIRD defining ability and as high as AS or Conceal. So dont try to make it sound like we dont care to loose one of our defining abilities to get fix on two.

That would be much like saying to MP:

Oh you have 3 pets but umm one must go. How about Attack pet or Heal pet? Other two will function just fine after that fix!

Yeah right.

What comes to amount of agents in game I agree on Othgar here. Most of them are pre 12.6. I sure as hell wouldnt make agent now or if I did, I would powerlevel that to 112 to sneak missions and thats it. Then again I could as well run them as soldier or fixer.... so perhaps I would rather do one of those instead.

I have 124 Agent and I havent really played it for ages. Ive done some levels past two, three days mostly because friends ask me to join them so that we get full group of rl friends and because I hate pet pathing on missions so I dont want to use my engineer to those.

Problem is that I dont really "want" levels for my Agent. I dont play it anymore in its current state so its kinda pointless to level it...

Oh well, atleast I group with friends...

Zarch and bunch of other chars (this time my over lvl 50 chars with order of making them)

82 NT Zarch
    124 Agent Daquis
    139 Engineer Themech
    73 Enforcer Zhadam
    69 Soldier Zitaq

Been lately playing a lot with soldier and my new MP and Fixer.

Hehe, at lvl 128 I tried solo a mission in Home last night, a 50% one.
    Went in as FP enforcer due to the 3 mobs you get in entrance, then changed to FP MP with enf buffs still running.
    With only enf buffs I was barely managing to solo a yellow even tho I had a VS from a MA. Doing FP MP I managed to clear the mission taking my time.
    Clearly without any FP buffs I would not have been able to to do it in any reasonable time, if at all.

So if they are nerfing us further to gratify those who whine cause we use "their" pet programs etc, fine, but for heavens sake, make us playable without, or if you want as I suspect, to kill all agents, just say so, so I can quit this game once & for all..

When I team with my agent, my function is most often to supply buffs from some proff we do not have in group, without FP we will just be gimped soldiers leeching on some friendly group, whats the point in that.

Oh, btw, when do you want to fix the ruseline bug introduced silently last patch that makes it impossible to move if not on a flat floor?
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

Well spoken Turbulence

couldn't have said it any better.
    @ Ming and Garzu: what's that nonsense about MAs being too weak? ROFL!!! In a fight one on one (and not using MP pets or stuff)- I've been beaten more than once by MAs 10 (!!!!) Lvls below me. I'm at Lvl 134, well equipped, good armor and implants.
    Don't know about NTs, but my NT friends all claim that they can still solo even (or slightly above) missions - I can't!
    I can't solo an even mission without a healpet, and I can't sneak even or even low missions because of the various concealment nerfs in combination with the ruse bug. I have to be lucky to sneak a mission, very lucky. If I have luck on my side - granted - I can then even sneak much higher missions - but it shouldn't be that way!!!
    So come on, throw us some candy too - it's been promised forever!!!
    Last edited by Spacegipsy; Jan 21st, 2002 at 16:45:19.

Man i love being a Forcer =)

I grouped with an Agent heavy group hunting Borgs in Mort once and they did great. I'm not talking about the one in a million shot that does uber damage. I don't have battle spam on so I wouldn't even really know. I'm talking about taking Borg after Borg out out over an extended period of time. I got a level with this group in no time.

Even the Doc in the group had to comment on how effective they were. He said that normally Agents go down quick when they get the aggro, but for some reason theses didn't. All the Agents responded that they maxed their evades and that it was the key to success.

I admit that agents need work, but they are hardly a gimped profession from my experience. I think they got spoiled on the one shot kills and sneaking through 100% missions. Now if you want to talk gimped, lets look at the Fixer...

As for the Fixer being better than an Agent in PvP, I can sum it up in one of two situations.
    • It is a low level fight. Fixers below level 50 really are a good class and probably can beat an Agent in PvP.
    • People are refering to the Fixer's ability to get out of a fight, not win it. The Fixer can run away or evac so it is hard for you to kill him, but make no mistake about it, he is running away.

Originally posted by Crin
    I grouped with an Agent heavy group hunting Borgs in Mort once and they did great. I'm not talking about the one in a million shot that does uber damage. I don't have battle spam on so I wouldn't even really know. I'm talking about taking Borg after Borg out out over an extended period of time. I got a level with this group in no time.

Even the Doc in the group had to comment on how effective they were. He said that normally Agents go down quick when they get the aggro, but for some reason theses didn't. All the Agents responded that they maxed their evades and that it was the key to success.

I admit that agents need work, but they are hardly a gimped profession from my experience. I think they got spoiled on the one shot kills and sneaking through 100% missions. Now if you want to talk gimped, lets look at the Fixer...

As for the Fixer being better than an Agent in PvP, I can sum it up in one of two situations.
    • It is a low level fight. Fixers below level 50 really are a good class and probably can beat an Agent in PvP.
    • People are refering to the Fixer's ability to get out of a fight, not win it. The Fixer can run away or evac so it is hard for you to kill him, but make no mistake about it, he is running away.
    I'll add to that list of a fixer beating you in PvP:[*]It is an extremely high level fixer who has invested heavily into Full Auto so they can use a suppressor which does Evade-duck damage. I assume you loose to traders as well, as they cause the same damage and your skill (I'll bet) is low.[*]It is a moderate level fixer who has ignored conventional wisdom and invested in a different set of blue skills. Have no fear, in 10 levels when they don't have the IP invested in duck and evade they will die just as easy as you did. If they stopped leveling to maintain their supremmacy, in 10 levels you'll rock their world because their evades are crap.[*]It is a low level fixer who uses almost any SMG. The Patriot does fire damage - and your fire AC is minimal, the aleph fires quickly (probably the worst choice at low level), the Mausser causes high damage and even the low damage shots take a good chunk of your life at that low level, and the Duke can be dual wielded - but it still fires like crap.

And yes, to all the young fixers out there, I give the same PvP advice: if you're over 30 and under 150 - avoid it like the plague.
    Sometimes, old fixers die in Bitterness.

Originally posted by Othgar

THAT WAS MY POINT EXACTLY... The Fixer WILL beat me everytime even in the arena. So YOU STFU and re-read my post.

sorry===)))

All I have to say is, I play an MP. I love this class. Yet I see people *****ing about pet pathing. Well, the simplicity of recasting your pet has little significance as a problem needed to be fixed by funcom. I say, get off your butts, and fix all of the classes before you go adding more static dungeons etc. Whats the point in having more places to hunt when you don't have enough people to hunt there? Improving the classes would greatly improve AO's lifespan...

To the agents, fixers, ma's, other suffering classes, I wish you my best in your quest for a half-assed equilibrium amongst classes.

To Funcom: You guys have a great thing going here, don't mess it up by not listening to the players.
    Sten "Stenke" Ke - 108 Omni Keeper

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12