Thread: Not many of us are happy with Simon Silverstone... What can we do?

Not many of us are happy with Simon Silverstone... What can we do?

With Silverstone tightly control the City of Tir, perhaps it's time for us to move to a new Capital?

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=73753

Kill him!

((ooc, he's been made ALOT easier since 14.7.2, big crits have been turned down, as are the support from his surrounding guards whom are now calmable))
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Killing him is no solution, he'll spawn back. We could silently move the capital to Athens, it is still guarded by the same guards as before and you don't even need to kill them to get special items you might need later on.
    Corrine Daimoness Wright
    - Veteran of Apocalypse
    - General of the Mercury Dragons (ret.)
    - Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. - Samuel Adams

Thumbs up

Diamoness that is a good idea, but by posting it on a public forum you make it not to silent. Omni read these posts as well...

But as I said, that is a good idea. Not many are in favor of what the Sentinels have done to the Clans this past week. We would have him removed if at all possible. Some other form of guards, with not such a bad name to them would be much nicer.

Before all this happened CoA troops were patrolling Tir removing Omni personnel peacefully, and then the Sents just bust in and take it. Well theres gratitude for you...but we would be happy to guard a new capital as well if it is agreed upon by the rest of the Clans. At the moment most older clans have their homes in West Athen anyways. So Athen would not be a far jump for all of us.

I vote yay to a new capital but that is just my personal oppinion, I will talk it over with other representatives of the CoA, and we can all get together on it later.

Be well...

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

However... To most people's knowledge, most of Sentinel's Operations were financed by the CoA...

Phione the CoA has not associated with the Sentinels since its reformation a month ago. Since our reformation we have taken a more moderate stance, and we maintain that stance. If you have questions about our policies feel free to visit our website. You can find a link to it on the CAS web site at:

www.clan-anarchist-syndicate.net

The CoA was not allied or affiliated with the Sentinels even in earlier times. You might be referring to the Alus Alliance, but that's already distant past.

By the way, the Sentinels are larger than all the CoA clans together, so it would rather be them funding us, not the other way round. Silverstone and Galahad are the two most powerful clan leaders, each of them with an own large base and territory.
    Corrine Daimoness Wright
    - Veteran of Apocalypse

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. - Samuel Adams

there is nothing you can do, it is funcom's storyline and they wont let anyone else play in their sandbox. The story was written before the game game out, and so this is just an interactive movie... watch and enjoy!

/end synical but true rant
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

I see

Diamoness I only said since our reformation as I was not aware of any past affiliations. I was simply a supporter back when the CoA first formed, and I was not nearly as involved as I am now.

Originally posted by Daimoness
    Killing him is no solution, he'll spawn back. We could silently move the capital to Athens, it is still guarded by the same guards as before and you don't even need to kill them to get special items you might need later on.
    Actually killing him a solution, heck it'll make us lot feel a heck of alot better seeing that &£*$ suffer for once. And no, don't want special items off him, or anything else but to see him pay for the crimes he's committed. HE WILL DIE!
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Nyadach your strong oppinion bodes well for the future of the Neutrals. But violence is not the answer to everything. I certainly wouldnt mind seeing him pay for his past actions. But I would not doom him to death myself. By doing that you become as bad as he is (no offense).

I am very much in favor of the clans rising up and destroying Simon Silverstone and his Sentinels for the war crimes and acts of terrorism that they have committed against all citizens of Rubi-Ka!

Then, if the clans would give us the location of the Dust Brigade and their off-world offices and kindly surrender their weapons to their nearest Omni-Pol outpost it would be a day of great profit!

Mr PrimeTechnocrat,

the location of at least one Dust Brigade Base of Operations is known to the Mercury Dragons for quite a while and we have, on several occasions, offered our intel and support to anyone that wants to mount an operation against this target.

We, the Mercury Dragons, assisted by many other clansmen, have assaulted the base around 3 months ago and managed to destroy some of their perma-death weapons there.

Although our stance with Omni-Pol is uneasy due to their repeated threats against the clan population, we would even support them on such an operation.

As for your demand for us clanners to surrender our weapons ... dream on, that's never gonna happen.
    Corrine Daimoness Wright
    - Veteran of Apocalypse

From the neutral perspective

Yes, I dislike the man as much as the next person. Yes, maybe killing him will make you feel better, but since there is nothing that can be done on a permanant basis (at the moment, anyway), we'll just have to see how the situation goes.
    I think it would be interesting for Funcom to just open it up and let the players decide how it would go (imagine the all-out battle that would be), but remember. Part of what makes the game as good as it is is the constant state of chaos and disorder. Keeping things new and ever-changing make the world dynamic. You just never know what else might change between when you log off at night, and when you come back on the next time.
    So, yes I think he is a hateful man. I would like to see him removed from power in a peaceful manner, and it made sure that he can't do this kind of thing again, but the method behind the madness (the dynamics of the world) are one of the reasons I keep coming back.