Thread: '/terminate' = lost PvP points

Exclamation '/terminate' = lost PvP points

If you terminate you WILL lose PvP points. This is confirmed. Even if you are not duelling. I went from Rookie to untitled without even knowing. I'm always /terminating to get back from places because I'm lazy.

This is just a warning, not gonna whine as I don't care about titles

it's been like this for awhile.. it works in other ways as well, it has for ..... forever.

example. me and stromm were in ent arena and messing around for a good long while, i probably did his HP x 4-5 in damage in 30 or so mins..

then skymarshal killed him, and i got the "your target..." thus stromm didnt lose points because i wasn't in range.

it only works if you don't leave the zone, i got alotta points off messman in camelot because id alpha him like 6-7 times and he would never die, then in a big rush... he would die somehow and id get credit when i didn't kill him...

it used to be also that if someone killed you and you spawned in ent and /termed.. you would lose points each time as long as you were both in the zone.

so next time theres gonna be a big titled match, the chicken can just have someone hit him for 30k HP and heal it up before hand, and have this guy stay in the zone.. thus if he loses he doesn't lose points : P
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

...and that is why titles are pretty much meaningless.

I wish they'd update the PvP system somehow especially now the game is very much PvP oreintated.

Yes...Yes...

It would be nice if they could do SOME part of the PvP system right. Least we can post how it's broken.

In all fairness, I don't think they have looked at the title system code since they laid off the guy that wrote it. Along with all the other guys that were trying to build a skill based game. O well.

Originally posted by Nothinman
    so next time theres gonna be a big titled match, the chicken can just have someone hit him for 30k HP and heal it up before hand, and have this guy stay in the zone.. thus if he loses he doesn't lose points : P

Argh, stop telling people how I got novice on my engy! (jk )
    ~Chris

My reason why titles should be removed.

I look around now and see so many people with high (bull$hit) Titles which have been gained from farming, Ganking people at tir arena that they are not good enought to beat, the method "Nothinman" mentioned and many other ways.

Remove titles, they are meaning less, evey one that PvP's alot knows each other and how good you are is not based non your title its on reputation and from people witnessing you fight.

I understand people saying that they would'nt PvP if titles where removed because they have put so much work into them, i have too and i would still rather see them removed.

Some one told me that they wouldnt gank me anymore because they counding gain points off me from killing me in tir arena. People who PvP will know the omni am talking about *farmer*cough*.

Btw, i know Apprentice isnt that high of a title but i know i could get much better from only picking my duels and turning people down that i think would beat me and take my points, ill fight anyone no matter if i would lose points or not so still having apprentice while fighting anyone is still pretty good imo.
    Last edited by Jankkar; Nov 28th, 2002 at 01:55:53.
    Neophyte Louie "Jankkar" Strikz - 167 Evil Trader

if ur lvl165, a trader, and only an apprentice, pls stop PVPing, lol
    -Rhalla OMNI Fixer RK2

Originally posted by Rhalla
    if ur lvl165, a trader, and only an apprentice, pls stop PVPing, lol
    Read the above....closer this time.
    Neophyte Louie "Jankkar" Strikz - 167 Evil Trader

On rk2 you could ride around on pet bronto's and throw lightning bolts on each other for all i care. Some issues are universal (i guess) but frankly i could care less about the opinions of people i'll never see who deal with issues i'm not aware of.

Oh and if you want to drop your title and no one will kill you - just get someone in range to do 1/2 dmg and term... speeds the process up.
    Oh my god its like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain

Or, like the poinr of the first posts just /terminate.

I do this a lot when I change from false profession. Don't have time to wait 30 mins when I want to re-equip stuff.