Thread: NW - PvP and how it works?

NW - PvP and how it works?

Just curious on how this is going to work. Someone told me when you get into a tower zone it makes the suppression level 5%. (Attack anyone that's not in your guild?)

So, does that mean clan can attack clan (omni vs omni). Will the level restrictions still be in play?

Will the towers be passive? IE: Only attack when attacked?

If the towers are passive, will they attack when you attack on of the land owners?

If the towers are passive, will they attack you if one of the landowners attack you even if you don't fight back?

Basically just looking for a general layout on how it's all going to work. I'd like to know if I need to skirt the controlled zones in fear of some toothless hillbilly not wanting me on "der property!"
    RK1
    Atrox Fixer
    Atrox make baby jesus cry =(

I wasn't in beta, so I cant answer your questions, and I'm rather sure anyone who was, cant tell you anything until tomorrow, when NW comes out.

But to answer your questions to a point, from what I've read (from funcom, don't take any of the crap most players try to feed you and tell you it's the truth) supression gas is not altered at all.

You see what happens, is when someone attacks a tower, for 4 hours (I think) they get a PvP flag over there head, and these poeple can be attacked anytime or anywhere, there is noplace safe for them. Even in the middle of Tir. This disuades people from just taking crack shots at a tower. Also I'm quite sure towers only fight back after you attack them.

Now also, notum fields come in a veriety of QLs. If you log onto Testlive (as of a few days ago) you can see notum fields on your small map (the one that shows poeple, monsters, machines etc) and when you aproached them, a name and a QL range was given. For example there is a nice little field in Athen Shire that is only 30 yards from the road and the WA boarder. It's QL range, if I remember, is 15-25. So ONLY quality level 15-25 towers can be build there.

So you may ask, what prevents a band of high lvl players from comming in and desimating that cluster of towers? Well, nothing. They could do that, but they would have absoulely nothing to show for it. They could build there own cluster of QL25 towers there, but here is what is so ingenious, what pretty much prevents them from doing so.

Each guild can have only 5 primary towers (last I heard). Now, a guild consisting of lvl150+ people COULD destroy this QL25 cluster of towers and build there own, but the thing is, buff towers give out buffs to the entire guild, the higher QL the tower is, the better the buffs. So why would that lvl150+ guild want spend time and resources making a cluster of QL25 towers and get very minor buffs (to there perspective) when they could find a QL200-QL300 empty notum field and build a cluster of towers and get AWESOME buffs from it. Remember they only can build 5 main notum towers!

So this leaves that little QL15-25 Athen Shire notum field for lower lvl guilds. Isn't that genious?
    http://community.anarchy-online.com/...1/name/xaielao
    "Yea, I've got your information.. you got my money?"
    Proud member of 3305 Local
    A non-GA Fixer, and pround of it!

Fergus ~ 27 Soldier (after wipe) ~ Test
    "No escaping pain! You belong to me.." Megadeath-Skin o' my Teeth

Fion ~ 25 Opi MA (after wipe) ~ Test
    "Woh look at that MOB! Think I can take it? *SMACK* OUCH!"